Skip to main content

I am a newbee here, but have gotten the hang of most of the items in Auctiva after some trial and error.
My one problem, rather two seems to be when I write a blog about an item, the wrong picture shows with the blog. The second problem is that I made different categories of items in the store, but when you go to them they either don't show the item, or the wrong item is there. Can someone tell me how to correct this problem. Appreciate any help...Thank you
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by misty120:
I am a newbee here, but have gotten the hang of most of the items in Auctiva after some trial and error.
My one problem, rather two seems to be when I write a blog about an item, the wrong picture shows with the blog. The second problem is that I made different categories of items in the store, but when you go to them they either don't show the item, or the wrong item is there. Can someone tell me how to correct this problem. Appreciate any help...Thank you

Hi Misty,

I'm not sure about the picture issue with your blog, but perhaps fixing the categories will fix the blog issue.

Click on My Account > eBay Settings > Update Store Categories From eBay

Once completed, try the blog again to see if your picture works. If not, check the html code or perhaps post it so someone can see it.

Best regards,
Hello again Misty,

I've just spent the last hour teaching myself about blogging with Auctiva. Smile

You can check out what I did so far, here.

It seems you have to anchor the title of the item listed in eBay. (ex. Red Flower with Vase), then after you anchor that, you create a link with the same description pointing the url where the Red Flower with Vase is.

So to try and illustrate:

Click on tab: Store > Blogs > Create New

Blog Title Window (Red Flower with Vase)

Click on Standard to change editor, this will give you all of your icon tools

Click the Anchor button. An anchor properties windows pops up, here you type: Red Flower with Vase Click OK

Now click the Insert/edit Link button. Leave protocol alone and under URL type or paste the address to your auction item. Now, if you paste it, you might need to click on the url address bar and hit the 'HOME' key.. this cleans up the code. Now click on the TARGET tab. Under Target, pull down the menu and choose 'New Window (_blank) and click OK.

Finish writing your blog. Mention the item, the details etc etc... and then fill in your keyword window at the bottom. (ex. red,vase,flower,garden,rose,valentine)

Then click 'Save as New' and go view your Blog.

If anyone else can explain it better please do, since this is literaly my first time doing the blog feature.

Best regards,
Last edited by rockbottomgalaxy
ok I tried what you wrote and found the insert edit link. Cannot find protocol and where the url button is to type in the address of the auction. It doesnt show on the standard when I bring it up. I see the one on here but not on the blog page. I also cannot find the target code either.
Im sorry if I sound dumb, but cannot find the rest of what you said to use. I must be doing something wrong. Will make a test one and see if it works.
I just listed Letter R Red Pin.
Thank you for your help...
quote:
Originally posted by misty120:
ok I tried what you wrote and found the insert edit link. Cannot find protocol and where the url button is to type in the address of the auction. It doesnt show on the standard when I bring it up. I see the one on here but not on the blog page. I also cannot find the target code either.
Im sorry if I sound dumb, but cannot find the rest of what you said to use. I must be doing something wrong. Will make a test one and see if it works.
I just listed Letter R Red Pin.
Thank you for your help...

Hello again Misty,

Let's try this then shall we? Smile

STEP 1:

STEP 2:

STEP 3:

STEP 4:

STEP 5:

STEP 6:

STEP 7:

STEP 8:

STEP 9:

STEP 10:

STEP 11:

STEP 12:

STEP 13:

I hope that helps Misty. If not, I hope someone else can clear things up. I just learned all this myself last night! Smile Oh and you don't have to have the anchored link where I put it. You can put it anywhere in your blog. In a sentence, a header, whatever. Experiment.

Best regards,
Hi Tim!
I am having the same problem Misty is, and I followed all the steps correctly, but I still see a different picture...and when you click on it, it doesn't point you to the URL that I've attached, and I would think that the text I've highlighted for the URL would take you there, but it doesn't either. I tried messing with it different ways, but I'm at a loss. Every time I go back into the edit blog screen, the hyperlink is not there, it just doesn't seem to be holding Confused
Any other ideas?
http://www.cardsbyvero.com
I have followed the above instructions to the letter and still get the same picture for every blog. I have put one unique keyword in each of 4 blogs and they still show the same unrelated picture. This was suggested by the Auctiva help desk. I even put a unrelated keyword into one of the blogs and still got the wrong picture. Why are the keywords even related to what picture is shown on the blog. It should be a link or the anchor. Any suggestions?

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.