Skip to main content

I've read through about 5 pages now and I was not able to find the answer to two of my questions. Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated Smile

1) How do I add categories into my main store? I.E. Books, Movies, Antiques ect... It's very difficult to look at a store with 100 items in it if it cant be organized.

2) Can the store window be set up to list items in similar categories from your store like the one eBay provides? If not, how can I choose what goes into the store window?

I love many things about this site. My listings are looking better than ever, and I'm saving time. If I can figure out an answer to these two issues I would be extremely happy Smile

Thanks in advance!
-Danny
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Smile Dear Prince Renkel, Do you have categories on EBay? If you do, you need to import them into Acutiva before you can select them. Go to My Account and select the import Categories Link and I think you will be OK. I have found that I have to repeat this if I change my Categories on EBay. Hope this works for you. I love Auctiva, don't give up. There is lots of help here. Blessings,
As for the store window, the system chooses what shows (I believe it's the 14 closest to the ending time of whatever listing is being viewed -- something like that).

However, you can go into your admin and hide specific items if you don't want them to show.

If I remember correctly, the ability is to customize the items shown in the store window is supposed to be in a forthcoming release..
Fairy Odd Mother:
I have imported my store categories from eBay. All that does is allow you to place an item in your eBay store when creating the listing. I'm talking about the "Auctiva Store" the one people are directed to when they click on the gallery window link. How do you add categories to organize your items in the "Auctiva Store"?

Rick Bradford:
If you hide the items, customers can not view the hidden items when they visit your store. They would only see a partial inventory. It's good to hear they are customizing this though.

Thanks for the responces guys. Maybe it would be easier to disable the link / search feature on the gallery window. Is this possible?

-Danny
Hi Danny,

1) Instead of categories, the Auctiva store allows you to create custom searches to allow users to search your inventory. To set up a custom search, please fo to Auctiva -> Store(Tab) -> Customize your Store -> Select/Edit, and click the "Custom Searches" link.

To add a search to your Auctiva store page, just select the link text, keywords, and search logic for your custom search and click the "Add" button.

Then, when a customer clicks on this search on the left hand column of your Auctiva store page, a list of items whose titles contain the selected keywords will be displayed. The results will either display the items that contain all or any of the selected keywords will be displayed depending on the match logic you have chosen.

2) No, unfortunately, the Auctiva store window cannot be set to display items in a particular category based on what listing is being viewed.

The store window is set to display 14 of your active listings at a time and is refreshed every 2 hours. Each time the store window refreshes, it is populated with another 14 of your current listings that are ending around the same time as the next auction of yours that is viewed.

The only way you can control what goes in your store window is by making items hidden. To do this, go to Auctiva -> Store(tab) -> Edit Items. Items that are made hidden will not be shown in your store window the next time it refreshes, which it does about every 2 hours.

3) No, it is not possible to disable the link/search feature on the Auctiva store window.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.