Skip to main content

hippophile1,

Concerning the issue of "Loading Image" being displayed in the store window much of the time...

Please read the following post for more information on our current bandwidth issue. Until we are able to resolve this situation, we are limiting the number of listings displayed in the store window to 8, and turning off store window images during peak hours.

https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/455...161084551#4161084551

This issue will be resolved once we move to our data center on either Thursday, 3/2, or Monday, 3/6.

-Mike
quote:
Originally posted by becki t:
Well I must admit that I only visit the boards when there is a problem- and I should like suggested "keep an eye" on them- that way I am prepared & aware. couldn't seem/ cant find where auctiva staff has warned- advised or commented on them being down. Am I overlooking a post?

That is my problem. I'm too busy to keep coming to the board to check for new issues or reoccuring issues. Would be nice if they could send out a bulk email to all of us informing us what is going on. I spend my nights and weekends listing, I do not have time to keep referring back to here to find out what the new problem is.

Also, I manage my images on a weekly basis. I delete out old images all the time to help but I realized that yes I move to the delete file but Auctiva does state that those images stay there for 30 or 45 days (I forget which) before deleting completely. So what good does it do for all of us to delete. Maybe Auctiva could put in a feature that if we wish to delete immediately we could. I do believe that would help. Then yes its off the server completely. Would this help the bandwidth issue?

Also, I've noticed that when I generate a listings, (I use firefox) sometimes the page is still loading when I'm finished with everything but the images. Go to click on the box to add image, window pops up to show images and it hangs. No images to pick nothing just half a green bar if that. If I go back to the listing I noticed its still "loading" bottom of screen states "Waiting on auctiva.com" , if you click on the "stop loading" button (big red x stop sign) then the list of images load up and I can pick which ones I need.

Weird how that works. Auctiva PLEASE PLEASE do not come back and say "its a browser problem" because its not. I do not have a problem with any other site or any other browser until I try to get onto and move around Auctiva.
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:
Hi all,

We had an image server crash in the middle of last night and we've been working since then to correct all the image availability problems caused by this.

Images should be back up for almost all users now, and for those users whose images are still not up, they should become available in the next few hours.

Sorry for not posting here until now...I had previously posted this info in the image hosting section.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.