Skip to main content

Since last night image upload & listings are moving slower than dirt when I can get them to work. I can't log a support call(surprise) as I get Failure to connect to gateway. This morning same. This is happening on 2 laptops and 1 desktop. Laptops run win2000 with IE Desktop is XP with IE. I need to make a living and if I can't list this doesn't help. Clearing cache is not the answer nor is making me use something other than IE. Gosh, most of the universe is on IE and you would think the software would work on it. I hate to sound so harsh but this is ridiculous. Please do something as you have a lot of peeved users out there.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Here is what I'm getting:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>
I FIGURED OUT HOW TO FIX IT!!!
heres how to fix this issue. go down to "start" and click, then go to "all programs"...at the top, go to accessories, then system restore. Restore your computer to a previous date. this happens to me every time i download updates from windows. every single time. SO, do the above, and it should work. be sure to restore the pc back to the LAST TIME you can remember auctiva functioning correctly,,,try 3 days back to start with. GOOD LUCK!!!
Actually, I wouldn't recommend messing around with restoring your computer to a previous state.

The problem is actually with your browser. You need to clear your cache. Just go to your internet options and delete your cookies and temporary internet files. This should do the trick, as it has worked every time for me.

Hope this helps...Jack
I have tried clearing my cache and that gives me one listing before it plays up again. I have only had this problem since the last IE update a week and a half ago. Sick of almost getting right through the listing only to lose everything and have to start again. It wont even let you copy and paste so you dont have to type everything again. Any more suggestions would be most welcome, tworestorers.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.