Skip to main content

quote:
Hooray ninth's back! Cool!

Well!...if it isn't El Sid...returned from his negligee night-flight and conquest of the Boorish Moors!
Loyal looner's have kept faith with risque' jibe and spar, your legacy thread whilst thou lust doth GAR.
Me thinks you hath pleasurably enjoyed shirl surely a nice one with a view! Wink

Buenos El Campeador! ~ I am the Zebra!
~ another pitifully striped plagiarizer come-laud, phonetically challenged Vedantic butcher, and socially irreverent misfit mutant newbie! Confused Big Grin

EDIT: come-laud cum-loud [I think!Roll Eyes --hell I dunno! It's late..and at my age, I'd be lucky to be able to at all!
Last edited by zebra
ChooChoo?...now you've got me laughing pretty doggone hard!!!!!! [really was funny ] Blessings on you for THAT ! Smile
Sheesh! Am I that ancient?? El Cid? ->Moors? Man!-I'm really embarrassed now!

Maybe its cuz I been read'n a little too far back in this Epic-thread, and all that funny-insanity is still fresh on me mind! -- Ok..I'll do better to clean up my dribbles!

...but i'm gonna take it as a compliment anyway!
OMG Zeb. I coitinally hope yeave not ben reachin bak to da oily daes O' dis tread! T'would be ennae to drive a sane bloke insane in da membrane!
Dis tread hae all boot dis integrated ter a bunch O meaninless ramblin anyhow.
Spercially since da Choo-Meister hae not been fortcomin wit da details O' da rubber room E been farcibly stayin in fer da parst coupla weaks.

Choo, Donde esta Senorita Britney?
Hey boys how's it goin???

First of all..NINTH - truly awesome pic (tell me the truth...that's you two isn't it) Wink But more importantly (and this goes for Miss S too) Are the cookies gone yet??????? Big Grin

Poor Choo..stuck in that lil' rubber room all by yourself Frown Have they let you out of your restraints yet? BTW, it's because you're tryin too hard to understand Z's post...I get it tho, very good Zebra Big Grin

Hi my friend Taz..how are the pantaloons holdin up? I wonder if Miss S is gonna want them back? Although I'm sure they look better on you Big Grin
Did you start the new job yet? Oh almost forgot, that auction was the best thing I've ever seen! Thanks for that link, it made my day!

And for God's sake PETE...come out of hiding, quit lurking, and POST will ya? Sheesh what..you don't love us anymore??? (You can tell I feel MUCH better) Back to normal (no remarks pls) and back to work.

Hey, I'm going to Ebay Live, for sure. It's right here in my hometown this summer about 1/2 hour away...I'm so excited I can't wait!!!!!!! I wish some of you were going too...let me know if you are.

Our poor thread hasn't had much of a workout lately, we have to keep it going. I get really bummed out when it's not still right up at the top Smile So I'll shut up for awhile now...hope everyone had a better weekend than I did Frown
Hi there Missy M - Glad to see you back in the fray and feeling better. Glad you liked the pic. Ok, truth be told: Nope, they aint us, cuz our s**t eatin' grins is biggern' that. And as far as them thar cookies: I keep a gobblin' em up, cuz the secret ingredients have got me comin back for more. and Ima hopin they just keepa comin.

Well Zeb, you methinks correctly, 'misspellings' notwithstanding, the view has surely been pleasurably enjoyed, in fact, mighty nice indeed. And methinks you might be tryin' to fool us with that old man disguise, cuz I'm sure that was you we heard all night long in the next room. Big Grin
Hey Miss M glad to see you back again. Dem Pantaloons b 'oldin up radder well. Now da red shirt, dat b a difrunt madder. Ad to crak a coopla scalawags upside dere noggins at da waterin ole de udder nite.
I did start the new job and am loving it so far.
Glad you liked the auction, I thought it was so true and to the point.
Just got this from eBay, and cannot figure out why? Are they that desperate for powersellers right now? I had not listed anything since the beginning of the year and only put 5 items on last week.
quote:

Dear tazfrompa,

Congratulations! Your recent selling activity entitles you to Bronze status in the eBay PowerSeller Program. Please visit www.ebay.com/powerseller and sign in to activate your free membership to enjoy these great benefits and services:

See the PowerSeller icon next to your User ID
Free seller support via Live Chat, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for all Bronze PowerSellers. If you also meet the annual volume requirements, you are also eligible for phone support. Log in to the PowerSeller portal for the most updated information on your customer support options.
Get exclusive offerings on the PowerSeller portal--check back often for updates!
Network on the exclusive PowerSeller Discussion Board.
Download free business templates for PowerSeller business cards and letterhead.

I may jump in for a wee bit possibly I have not decided yet if it is worth it.
Well going to get ready for work, 2nd shift this week.
Hey all my sweet asylum maties! Wink

Com'on Choo, you know better than that! It was already boosted and I just replied to the post. Smile
I thought you were escaped from th' padded cell. What'd I miss? Darn, I always miss stuff or else you'd not have trapped me with that VIP ticket! Heck, I don't even have to be in a padded cell to be talkin' to myself... shhh! Don't tell, lest they come an' take me away!! Eek

Taz, there's somethin' else I missed - I thought the brown pants went to Zebra (or was it Jeff S?) cause they match the lawn or some goofy thing like that? I know ya had the red shirt. Either way, Miss M's right 'bout 'em lookin' better on you than me. Big Grin

Miss M, sure am glad you're feelin' better! Did Ninth do us right proud with that pic or what?! lol Now don't you worry 'bout there bein' any cookie ODin' either! And I understood what Zeb said too. Choo, how'd you not follow that - and even after re-reading too? I'm shocked!

Zebra, keep 'em comin'!!! Love your posts! Oh, and I saw over there somewhere that you included me in a thanks of sorts for stuff you've learned. hmmm, dunno what in the world That could be but sure do appreciate th' kind words. Hey, I can even relate to wearin' the tall boots - whatever that was ya said a fair piece back there. Must be a Texan thang? Big Grin

Sexy St. Pete, where you be man? Ya shore are missed 'round these here parts! Get yoreself on back here an' let us all know you're fairin' alright! Ya hear? Confused

Ninth, more cookies comin' right up! Or should we make it brownies this time? Nah! How 'bout both?! Razz Wink

edit: Taz, I agree with Miss M. First thing I thought was a spoof email. Forward it to spoof at eBay.com and they'll tell ya real fast. That's ONE thing they do fast at least. Big Grin
Hey Taz! I forgot to ask about what sorta new pretzel shapes ya been inventin'? I reckon congrats are in order to th' parfulseller... hmmmm maybe it surely is about gettin' me outa that playground ordeal. I made sure they had your name and what ya did to help me out. Did I tell ya she also gave me an email addy to send along the info? I was hopin' it'd be gettin' into some important hands there... thinkin' in reality hah! yeh! right! Looks like maybe it really was more than a pipe dream then. Big Grin

Miss M, now don't go gettin' any ideas into your head there. We're hoggin' all th' cookies 'n' brownies. Razz

edit: Oh Ni-iinth, I've got cookies...WinkWink
Well Miss S those new pretzel shapes are rather convoluted! I spent several days last week movin the girlfriend in to my house. Her parents are really being great! Me tinks dey ave eyes fer da Mercedes? O'er me dead body I say. Keep yer bloody weenie beaters off a me gold! Even if it is only a gold SL-TreeEighty.
Well I am enjoyin me mid-life crisis N E ways.
BTW No you did not tell me about the email addy!Twas merely a joke on me be harf aboot da playground. I don't really think it means a hill O beans to FeeBay!
quote:
Look who's Really hoggin' it now.... TAZZZZZZZ

Oh yeah...he's had it for a LONG time. Is it still in one piece Taz or have you been hot roddin all over the place? Big Grin

And about the freezer rats Miss S...I think I'll take them out to the alley, walk down to the end of the street and put them in the neighbor's garbage can.. Big Grin Eek Big Grin
Unless you want them, just say the word and they're yours. Hey maybe I should auction them off on Ebay?? (kidding!)
Now Miss M, just what makes you think I'd want those ratcicles??? No way!! Eek But thanks for askin'. Big Grin
quote:
Hey maybe I should auction them off on Ebay??

Isn't that a novel idea!! Bet you'd be able to mail me that check then and have some left for yourself too! Wink Big Grin

Taz, we know you're just tryin' to get us thinkin' Zebra has the DeLorean while you're still hotroddin' around in it. Don't you try pullin' that stunt on us now! Mad I bet your sweetie just likes it so you're not givin' it back to Choo. Bad Taz! Bad! Bad!! Big Grin

edit: Do ya think that's where Pete is... waitin' on th' DeLorean? hmmmm???
Last edited by shadeaux
Eh Taz, you coulda photoshopped that one to make us think them thare leaf lookin' things are Zebra droppins. Huh? You did, didn't you! Zebra, com'on, fill us in here. Is this what happened?

Somebody better get this thing fixed an' get it back to Choo! He's out now ya know. He'll be passin' out ya'll some o' them VIP tickets. And no Zeb, there won't be any drinkin'. Just lostsa smoke an' squished critterss. Big Grin

edit: Sayin' goodnight now. I'll be watchin' to see what happens to you guys here. Let's hope somebody does the right thing an' fixes that li'l baby up an' returns her to Choo soon. Or... Will you wind up lost in the smoke, guts aflyin' as you critters get squished to smithereens???
Sweet Dreams. Smile
Last edited by shadeaux
quote:
Com'on Choo, you know better than that! It was already boosted and I just replied to the post. Smile

Ahaa, my spider bait worked, been too quiet around here, just as well Zebra joined in to give Taz and I a sorting out especially when Ms M was off sick too.

But where is Pete ?

The DeLorean, goannn .... gotta kick my imagination into gear to get that fixed, personally I think Taz got carried away too much the other day and backed into it with his Merc Wink

And why is he blaming a poor horse, he must be cuckoo everyone knows the DeLorean is a horseless carriage Big Grin
quote:
Ahaa, my spider bait worked

I don't know Choo... you seem to be pretty darn good at baitin' this spyder. Can't figure it out but then some things are not for me to know.

I'd make Taz fix the DeLorean. Here he is tryin' to blame Zebra
when like you said "everyone knows the DeLorean is a horseless carriage"
Where are ya Zeb? Better get over here an' set th' record straight. Big Grin
Hey, what happened to Jeff S and Kbalona? Surely ya'll didn't tire out from this thread so easily as all that! Eek When's N due back?
Hi Shadeaux, well JeffS seems to be doing an embittered Hulk across the boards over the recent greedbay proposals (not surprisngly) and I think we are just too daft for him, probably quite childish in his view.

Still I don't care, you start off as a child, have a heavy bit of life and later with some luck you can then take some of it easy again amongst friends, face to face or preferably here with some imaginative typing, great stuff. Smile

Kbalona, dunno, he's around but certainly not here much, come to think of it not been much happening here recently, fullstop.

Anyway enough of this I'm going off topic better start talking silliness again before my posts get pulled.

Ok, abnormal service will resume shortly Wink
quote:
Still I don't care, you start off as a child, have a heavy bit of life and later with some luck you can then take some of it easy again amongst friends

Absolutely Choo! After all, isn't this a big part of what our lives are all about? Great stuff Indeed! Smile

Best get back to silliness lest both our posts get pulled. Now just where did ABI get off to??? Big Grin
Yay, I had a life today (smile)

But now I feel guilty, hehehe

This thread is as dead as my freezer rats, who incidentally, were bid a not so fond farewell today.

Made a real celebration of it!
Did my Happy Dance of Death
Lit candles, burned incense
Had an excorcism
(The oijie board told me what to do with them)

Then I scrubbed the CARP out of my freezer with bleach.

Yeah fun day Smile
Hey guys just got done hitting the
button to report a spineless worm on this thread that started off by insulting Choo. Of course I jumped in to the fray. AAARGH Did nae e'en need me red shirt which Miss S left I in charge O'. https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8386099...381097172#3381097172
Some people can be such idiots!
Glad to hear the rats are gome Miss M. Has the freezer been thoroughly sanitized?
Hi gang! -- Finally snagged a few blessed moments to peek in on the board, but this will have to be short. Hoping I can take a break later this evening and catch up on all the fun!

Did a real quick scan-over just now on a couple threads outside the Lounge! Choo.. Apologies and solace to you my friend! On behalf of the civilized world... I offer sincerest regrets
for the occasional crude & wimpy turkey-wad idiots; one of which you apparently stumbled across today. Frown
They're supposed to stay put, and not stray from the stinky black goo from whence they hatch. I think I even glimpsed Taz, our Sentry-at-Arms valiantly attempting to squash that malodorous vermin! Mad Attaboy Taz!..sic'm !!! ((i'll have a word with you later. "..disguised zebra-droppings"...Indeed! ))

On a lighter note... Well Hello there Shadeaux! Yes my sweet..you are a doll in my eyes! I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm whining...but somehow I seem to keep missing out on your cookies!Wink Big Grin (aww..settle down ninth!..Eek )

Ahhh yes! Missy-M! A soothing sight for sore eyes! ~ It's sooo good to see you feeling better and back at 'em! I really missed those tantalizing eyes of yours! (enough to make a grown zebra's udder shudder!Big Grin ) And what's this?? No Valentines????Confused
Well we shall NOT have any of that!! Nosireee! -- Let's see if we can rustle-up something to make it better!! Wink

Tipp'n my hat to everyone else too! -- sorry for the quick in & out! Be back for more of ya'lls antics asap!

zeb
Hi Miss M. I'm right here. Smile
Awww Zebra *blush* Silver tongued devil indeed! Tryin' to get Ninth's cookies! Wink My goodness, and ya didn't even give Miss M and me a Valentine... Big Grin

Choo, ya know how much you're appreciated. Glad ya didn't let that snarky ole bu** get to ya. Way ta go Taz! You go Man! Cool

Oh Nii-inth, my sweet li'l fly... I've got brownies! WinkWink
Ok I caught Ya'll Red-Handed this time!
Just cuz I didn't make it back before the sand-man snooked up on me (zzzZ).. Don't mean my radar-ears quit work'n!!
I could hear ya'll carry'n on about pesky horse-flies and such. But hold on there Ninth! ~ yer all wet bout me gett'n in yer cookie jar!! ((come to think of it...ninth looks kinda wet all the time!~eh? )) ~ Maybe ya' oughta' keep a good eye on them hot brownies tho! No telling how many other bushwackers might be lurking about! Cool

Aww Heck! I ain't gonna' try and cover-up no colors on my hide! Missy's really the apple of my eye! (no~not that apple dear! Roll Eyes ) Yepper' dats right! She deserves a real sweet Valentine Card so she's gonna' git one from ME! Big Grin (Missy I'm sorry its a tad late...but I had to gallop all the way into the big city just so's to find you the right one. Razz ) I've only got eyes for You ya' know!! Big Grin

So.. Shadeaux, you and lather-wings can jest cool off a skosh..(if'n that's possible?) cuz Missy forgot it were Valentines Day..and there's no excuse for that on my watch! Mad {{ ..ya' know whut ninth?...you always looked a little frothy too! prolly toooo many cookies!~huh? }}

Well I figger Taz and ChooChoo are gonna' barge in here before long and steal my thunder (again).. so Missy before that happens..whaddya' say we duck out the back while no one's looking!!? I got your Valentine right around the corner here. Wink ((don't nobody else peek neither! ))!
quote:

Maybe ya' oughta' keep a good eye on them hot brownies tho! No telling how many other bushwackers might be lurking about! Cool
..ya' know whut ninth?...you always looked a little frothy too! prolly toooo many cookies!~huh?

Zeb, don't you worry yerself none. I got me suspicious fly eyeballs (about 500 of um) zeroed in on them brownies, and the other 500 watchin out for them bushwackers, includin a certain funny lookin horse. And righty ya are bout the frothy bit - them secret cookie ingredients can make ya look like a good pint with a overflowing head on it. Big Grin
Well, I see the infamous thread endures!!
Am back from a couple of weeks + in sunny Los Cabos.......can't say I missed the weather here. Had snow when I left...it's still cool here, but not like when I left.
I suppose there's not much happening right??? Well, I have re-opened my store so must get to work. Seems like I'll never get caught up.
Will try to check the Lounge in the wee morning hours when the folks to my East are up! Wow late!!!
quote:
Hi N welcome back, no I think Taz is trying to frame Zeb for a parking incident with his Merc.

Well now would I do that? I am the defender of freedom and the basher of of Auctiva idiots. Gotta buy me a new shotgun. Maybe a double barrel and load er wit somw rock salt. Seems to I been seein hoof-prints in the snow around me garage of late. Metinks Zeb already got me silver (DeLorean) and now e's a tryin fer me gold (Mercedes)
An ter make nadders woise e be tryin for Miss M now.
Rats on a Valentines card wit a Zebra skin rug. Wot is dis dat be appenin 'ere.
I'll be gettin me pint O rum for da night and widenin da plank. So da Zebra can walk da plank err face da cosequences of is actions.
I know Miss M it is dem adorable eyes dat be drivin im nuts.
Well Howdy there 'N' glad to have you back safe-n-sound. Pull up a chair! I was just going over my notes and gettin' some linguistic pointers from Ninth.
quote:
And righty ya are bout the frothy bit - them secret cookie ingredients can make ya look like a good pint with a overflowing head on it. Big Grin

Yeowwza ~ Ninth !!!!! -- Your 'heady' choice of words for making a frothy pintle point about secret cookie ingredients...
Far out-trumps my archaic notions for getting a pretty Philly to cum home. I might need to quit bating my masterful techniques for gynerating a frenzy.. as it would be semen' entirely lame and old-fashioned in this day and time. Yes, methinks the polished triple-entendre is probably far too convulvaluted such that it now only lays before me my awaiting twomb; sorrowfully unrecognized for its heavenly fulfilling yet neglected promise of relief.

Alas, my previous subtle-tongue style of pitching plea, thru cunning-linguistics no longer serves strong and erect as once before, for it doth fail to inspire the fair maidens' nod in favor of pressing to home my earnest desires; despite such aching need for base and fruitful plate. I just may have trod the long-winded trail to finally have become an out of date nun-sequitur.

Any body wanna' beer?
Alas, I am afraid the Ninth must respectively bow down before the cunning-linguistics so masterfully bated in so strong and erect a manner as the above elucidation. I'm afraid such a stunning display of polished triple-entendre is quite beyond the meager talents of a frothy hack-n-slash double-entendre mind more suited to a game of whack-a-mole.

Despair not bud Zeb, for your heart-rending introspection, and resulting self-correction to a more direct form of flirtatious banter is sure to result in the relief you so achingly seek.

Thanks for the beer (got a great head). O, an I'sa callin' off da fly mates, yer bu** is safe fer now. Razz
quote:
...correction to a more direct form of flirtatious banter is sure to result in the relief you so achingly seek.
Well I'll be DANGED! (..they oughta git a rope an' HayngME!..)
WhoooHOOO!! You da' WAVE ~ Man!!
I'm gonna' call in fer MORE BEER!! ...AND howz about a couple PIZZAs??

Ya Know??...I always wondr'd how it were...dat I was left scratch'n round da stark-empty hen-house...
..while it seemed the muthurlubbin'-Bubbas were always lunkn' around wid all the hottest chiks! ???

Well twist my tail-straps!! So dat suewahvee-nova Casa-longtongue dog don't hunt no more huh?...

Thanks..Duude! Fer gittn' me straight pumped arrh ~ headed awwwh~ dang! u know what i mean!Frown

Dis calls for a CelleeBrayshuhn! YeahhaahHOOOO !!

(( hey psst ninth (((shhh!- wanna' have sum fun wid da greenhorns??)))
(((i wanna' git taz good too. ..choo's already sacked-out)))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY EVERYONE! LISTEN UP! I BEEN THINK'N IT WHUD BE HIGH-TIME FER A
PROPER SOCIAL INTERDUCKTION fer ALL DEE NEWER FOLKS to GIT ACKQUAINTED!

Now WE GOT FREE PIZZAs COMIN' and BECUZZ I'M HAPPY AS A HORNY-TOED LIZARD ToNITE
I'M SPRING'N the TAP FER ALL THE FREE BEER ANYONE KAN GUZZLE!!

SOOooOOO!!!??? C'MON DOWWNNN!!

NOW THERE'S ONE MOWER THANG !! .... I WANT EVERYONE Here TONITE TO REALLY HAVE LOTS O' FUNN!!!
SO WHO WOULD LIKE TO TROT ON OVER ....

AN' JOIN IN ON A LITTLE OLE FRIENDLY GAME O' POKER! ???
YES-- o'Coarse Billy ~ PayPaL IS PRE-Furred ..
but ya' Kin AuntEE up with Most ANYthing at ALL!!

BY THE WAY...
MY NAME's ZEBRA ...but Jez Call Me ZEB !
Last edited by zebra
Now That Ladies & Gents...you should make no mistake...

is Real Zebra-droppings!

so..as my buddy Taz once advised...." watch yer step! ".

Taz ole' boy?...I been meaning to speak to you about the Merc of your'n. Nice Ride the 380? --Yr?
...I admit, I took a quick peek, so them's my prints ya probably saw. -- Didn't touch it though!
Nevermind mind my private card to Missy! - I wanted to cheer her up! So there! Put away yer Pea-shooter! Whacha been doin' lately?.... do I get this right? - you bust heads for money from time to time? You Brute!
I had nuth'n to do with the DeLorean! -- you sure you didn't just maybe pass some troglodyte-gas while standing a tad too close or sump'n?
Anyway...I think ya really oughta pass it over to 'N' fer a bit. He was definitely in front of me!

ChooChoooooo? You Must be chugg'n along by now? What's the matter? Haven't you ever witnessed the next morning's aftermath of a beer-party a la Poker Game which got outta' hand a little? Happens down here at the University of Texas all the time! No biggie. Like you said..lighthearted stimulating entertainment aside from shop-talk. Oh yeah, sorry..I forgot again!! --You must be well conditioned already from all the needles, whackins, and group-rates for snipe hunt'n and
cow-tipp'n parties. Oh well...In any case just Watch yer step please!
quote:
I am addicted to summer.

Wow Ms M, you actually get enough sunshine to get addicted to it, lucky you Cool

Actually Zebra I wasn't referring to stripy droppings although there seems to be plenty go around, I was referring to a not so pleasant odour from a stroppy poster that Taz and I were have a do with last week.

But if the carp fits Big Grin

And me, ungover, can't even afford the letters to spell it let alone get one, I always 'look' this way Wink

BTW - where has my morning read gone these days, lot of slacking states side lately Eek
ChooChoo.. Funny how it is you would mention that "stroppy poster".. because I was thinking of him as well as a number of other folks, as I continue to digest the long history of postings out on the boards. Clearly, confused anxiety attends many who come to the community seeking support, consolation, solutions, and encouragements from those having tread before them. Their trials and tribulations are invaluable for helping to cultivate my own growth and understanding for a variety of reasons.

Not that anyone cares much now, but many years ago there was this interesting fellow who happened to just 'show-up' with some pretty good ideas about different ways to look at things in life. Although it's been over two decades or more since his contributions were in vogue, there's still a lot to be said for many of his keen insights. Historically, every society has been known to toss at least a few thorns of derision upon the path of progressive innovators, from whatever quarter they may emerge; and likewise Werner Erhard certainly was duly buffeted by his own detractors during and after his day. I'd have to dispute being considered an 'Est' cult-groupee or disciple, but such exposure inspired me to believe that every experience we encounter... contains somewhere within it an essential 'diamond' of insight which is fundamentally irreplaceable.

Here are a few quote-condensed ideas I recall from back then.. and offer them up now for what they might possibly be worth to you or anyone else at this juncture. My best wishes for you this evening. May you also find this nicely supplements your morning read.

" Love is a function of communication; Health is a function of participation; Self expression is a function of responsibility. "

" Create your future from your future not your past. "

and one of my long-time favorites still remains...

" It's easier to ride the horse in the direction that it's going. "

Missy..Unseasonably warm here now. Even Spooky!.. especially for the week coming.
quote:
Unfortunately Wink Taz has got some real world interests lately which are getting in the way of fantasy.

Quite true Choo my GF moved in with me recently and I also started the new job. Swing shift is something new to me and I am trying to get use to it.
Also trying to find the time to devote to GF and co-ordinate our schedules somewhat.
I have my hands quite full at the moment. Not complaining mind you!
Thankfully GF's parents are being very supportive and did not threaten to shoot me!LOL
Must say since we started dating I do feel about 10 years younger. (If only I was! Then I would at least be younger than her parents.) Oh well I've always been one to grab life by the horns.

It certainly does seem the thread is gasping for air of late! Well it is over 3 months old now!

Zeb sorry I missed the poker and beer party! Maybe next time.
Will talk to all you people later.
OH my, I missed a lot.
Suffice to say the weather was beautiful and our 30-40 degree weather is not helping my new tan....two weeks of sun is not enough!

All this talk.....wow! I start to think I know what ye all are saying and then bam! someone new pops up with another dialect!

I am still trying to catch up my store from being gone. Works ok, as far as I know. Smile

There is so much politicing going on everywhere I think I shall stay in my shell for a few more days and see what happened when I come out....thars national politicking, ebay politicking, our travel forum politicking...me thinks it's reminiscent of the old days....yep I'm old enough to remember the middle class mass and our great will to overcome the oppression and yes I took part in it. Now I don't know where to put my energy. Gonna take a breather and figger it out.
Maybe I'll just read this thread, that will keep me busy til the next week passes.
Hey if anyone has a cute turtle avatar, I want one! I never have found a really cute one. I like to think I only come out when it's safe....not always true, I get a little reactive at times.....but a turtle I be!
quote:
It certainly does seem the thread is gasping for air of late!

Well now, just what oughta be done about that??? Hmmmm??? Confused

You guys tell Ninth an' me to cool off, threaten us with Raid an' th' hose... who knows what all. Goodness! What's a poor spyder to do! Roll Eyes
Eh, I'll jus' keep after my sweet li'l fly an' temptin' 'im with cookies. Wink Course that'll hafta mean poppin' in here occasionally to get all yorn danders up (won't say panties in a wad lessin' th' fellers're crossdressin'! Eek ). Big GrinBig Grin

Zeb, I understand ya threw a great party. Choo talkin' 'bout all the pooh... now we know why we wear them tall boots, yes? Razz

Where the heck is Pete? We miss ya!!!
Hey there 'N' ! --- a turtle eh? Now I'm pretty sure that would have to be a 'custom-made' saddle! ~ micro-saddlebags & Xtra-short stirrups too! Wink

Came in this even'n from replanting about a gazillion tomato plants! Gaww! Gonna' make some SERIOUS batches o' picante sauce after a while. The days are gittn' noticeably longer now, and with the *unusually* mild winter we've had.. our peach trees are FULL of blossoms!! Too bad cuz there's bound to be another freeze coming. -- has happened many times before. And isn't there any body on the planet besides me who likes Okra?? Prolly not! I swear it now..Nuth'n beats hot fried Okra & a Chicken-Fried steak w/gravy!

So Taz is shacked up now with his superior officer! Hmmm.. that'll probably put a slight crimp in your night-life eligibility..yep! Yer also gonna hafta' pick up yer dirty socks & undies more often now.~ I GuarAWNTEE it ole boy! -- Yeah..I was married once upon a (very strange) time. Turns out I were a heap more married than She were too!!Frown -- Better g'won and buckle-up yer seat belt now Tazzy-boy. Extra KP-duty and ya best mind the coy-humor gutterball-remarks... RAPIDS Ahead !! Eek Where's that grenade I was pick'n up on? My guess is yer Filly put it away cuz she don't care for ya leaving your nick-nacks and toys out on the coffee table no more. Did you stuff yer battle-axe way back in the utility-room closet yet?? ((Yer better git yer jabs in now N..while he's still in a daze and stalled on the cattle-chute! Wink )) I do kinda' like the turtle avi tho Taz..quite Cute I must admit! -- I'm just itch'n to see what a 'domesticated' tazzy-devil avatar looks like though!! Tickles my nickel just thinking about it!! Big Grin

Politicks! arrgh!! Yer right about that N! -- They've stomped all over my favorite Andy Griffith and Leave-it-Beaver re-runs now with the dang silly duh-baits and town-stump'n turkey-dance stuff plugging up the airwaves! Frown I believe BillHillyGirl and BamBam are even gonna' invade Austin fer another jabber-hockey spittn-contest day after tomorrow. I'll have to sit that one out though! I'm thinking of get'n outta dodge again soon and was toying with the idea of maybe heading south. Ahh..Costa Rica! Now there's a pretty place! Cool Still a bit too chilly here to git out on the water-skis (we got a nice lake here).. but maybe in another month or so.

ChooChoo my buddy...I can see you must've certainly hit the dream-stream some time ago! Unless of course, you're really a drag-queen Vampire! If that be the case...you'd surely be out right about now stealthing around in the nearly-full moon shadows! Bit o' advice pal... leave the push bike at home tonite....them lamp posts are especially magnetic on a full moon! Frown Forget the roller-skates too! -- I believe Missy's got a nice apple for ya' if you happen to catch a case of the midnight looney munchies! Wink Which reminds me...It's a rare thing to catch...but can anyone guess whut the horses do out in the back pasture only on full moons?? Eek

Speak'n of Missy...Lovey~If you think yer addicted to summer now (living in Chi Town)...then you'd have a full blown double-dipped over-dose of climatic-euphoria if'n ya'll ever came round here in the late spring! I've lived all over the states from coast to coast and in some truly pretty country..but I didn't really know where my home was...till I wound up here! Smile Take my word for it...Twas a helluva shift from the wild-jungle outskirts of Washington DC.

Well I guess I'll let ya'll have some rest now. I gotta' drag out the gittar and crank up some comfortably-numb pink-floyd tonite before have'n to shake-a-leg tomorrow morning. Gonna' pick up my momma..and take 'er down to da' bank and WallyWorld for a little 20-mile therapeutic shopping-stroll exercise; yet another all American gluttonoid pastime! I've banned her from eBay already!! Cool

Ciao!

Wait a minute! .Hold up Hoss! I forgot something!! -- I been meaning to ask if anyone has ever found out from the wait-staff 'round here....COULD WE BE ALLOWED MAYBE... just a C_o_u_p_l_e more different smilies to work with?? Frown

EDIT: Shadeaux.. ya slipped yer post in on me while I was peck'n mine out and weren't looking! You're a Spy-slyder you are!
((awww.. go ahead an' say panties-in-a-wad... shivers me tail hairs just fine! Razz Wink ))
Hey everybody! (or whoever's left..not many of us around anymore) Frown Not even me and I'm a founding member Big Grin

Zebra you're SO talkative lately Smile That's a GOOD thing! Since we've all cut back on our postings poor Choo is stuck reading the newspaper now in the mornings instead of our silliness. (We know you miss us Choo!)

Well I'm outta here for now just wanted to say HI and hope everyone has a great day Smile

Til later~~~

EDIT - almost forgot Z...Pink Floyd fan here too, crank it! Smile
Yes we ARE very somber aren't we?? I think everyone is bummed out about all the new ebay policy changes (geez I'm sick of it already)

So instead lets party! I'm waiting for you to come up with some 'wierd news' (wonder what that means) Eek And in the meantime, I found a pic of Choo...he won't be reading the newspaper tomorrow morning he'll be reading this and I'll be in BIG trouble Big Grin Eek
Sorry CCG I just couldn't resist Smile Still friends?

BTW - he's reading his new and improved ebay invoice hehehe Big Grin
quote:
Big Grin Obviously looks tentative...I'll try it out and see what happens.....thanks!!!
Closer......

well.... I dunno 'N'. ~ No disrespect to Missy but I'd be a little careful bout what she offers ya'. Her offerings can have a little "bite" to it! Roll Eyes

" Rare Four-eyed Turtle Hatches At The Tennessee Aquarium: Endangered Hatchling May Represent A First In North America"

ScienceDaily (Jun. 19, 2007) — A rare Beal’s four-eyed turtle recently hatched at the Tennessee Aquarium. According to aquarium herpetologist Enrico Walder this tiny turtle should be treated as big news. “According to records this species of turtle can only be seen at three North American zoos or aquariums, and is listed as an endangered species.

So you might wanna' consider the overall implications.

But then again, maybe not. Your choice I suppose! Big Grin Cool
quote:
No disrespect to Missy but I'd be a little careful bout what she offers ya'. Her offerings can have a little "bite" to it!

Hey, in my own defense, you all know my bite is worse than my bark Wink (or is that the other way around? Dunno)
But I DO like your picture Zebra...and where is Choo? I expected more retaliation from him than just "I have more hair than that" Roll Eyes

See you all later~~
By the way Missy... (and quickly since i've gotta' take off in a minute) as long as we're on the subject of avatars...

Since you've earned the esteemed status of having become such an 'Elite' poster-girl presence...
Perhaps you'd consider a little offering from the zebra (no bite intended ~ and I'll scale it down if needs be)

Consider it a belated 'Valentine Gift'...cuz as I said before.... "I've only got Eyes for You!". Wink
quote:
Originally posted by ~Zebra~:
By the way Missy... (and quickly since i've gotta' take off in a minute) as long as we're on the subject of avatars...

Since you've earned the esteemed status of having become such an 'Elite' poster-girl presence...
Perhaps you'd consider a little offering from the zebra (no bite intended ~ and I'll scale it down if needs be)

Consider it a belated 'Valentine Gift'...cuz as I said before.... "I've only got Eyes for You!". Wink
whoa!!! that is cool!!!!!!!!
the eyes I mean. The 4 eyed turtle might work, it has a double meaning perhaps......Smile
quote:
Choo...on a side note I wanted to ask you if you're having any luck on other selling venues?? Or is it too early to tell?

Well funnily enough the first two items to sell were ones repeatedly listed on greedbay without any takers, so that is rather good especially as they only charge for a FVF, no basic, listing fees, store fees or subscription fees.

No point in listing as auction items on there because the number of visitors are so low, seems common with at least 5 or 6 UK sites I have examined with active listing countsof 100k or less. (Microscopic copmared with greedbay's 15m)

But seeing as these items rarely fetch more than the minimal start price of 99p no problem, put on greedbay couple of times then move to BIN type on the other site with free autorelist until they sell or rot Wink

I virtually have my category of items to myself at the moment and meanwhile place nominal listings on greedbay Wink

Ooh those eyes from Zebra, spooky especially as not used to them moving, Eek

quote:
I expected more retaliation from him than just "I have more hair than that"

As governor Arnie would say "I'll be back !"
That's great Choo..I listed one or two things on iOffer and Bidville, so far no action Frown Didn't really expect much tho so it doesn't bother me that much. At least you sold some stuff Smile
uh-oh.."I'll be back" huh?? And then what? Are ya gonna hit me with your newspaper Big Grin Eek
Maybe I should go & hide now...you'll never find me (hopefully you don't have a hammer) Big Grin

And Zebra - you're just a big sweetie aren't ya? Quit blushing now Wink I LOVE the eyes, I changed my avatar I hope it will work. I've used gifs before and they never actually moved, but I'm computer challenged so I must have done something wrong...
OK gonna post this & see if my eyes blink, be back later..

BTW Choo I'm wearing my bulletproof vest and helmet, take your best shot (KIDDING! I'm actually hiding behind the couch, HA)

EDIT - Yay they blink, thanks Zeb! Doesn't take much to make me happy does it Big Grin
Hah! Now you're talkin' Choo! Miss M needs a good whackin', wouldn't ya say? I'd've chosen a wet noodle. Razz

Here's a bit of int'ristin' news. Miss M, makes me think of th' rubber chickens. Wink
Does It Come in Pink or Blue?

N, I've been lookin' for that avi for ya. Turtles sure don't come a dime a dozen, do they? Big Grin

edit: Ohhhh Ni-iiinth, got some chicken that smells like dog pooh for ya! Or maybe it's Zebra pooh!
Last edited by shadeaux
I am so nooobie that I don't even know anything about these other places to list....guess I better start collecting what yall are writing.
Looks like some have fees and some don't. I can't afford many more fees! Gol dang!
I have two tracks to follow, Jeff's and choo's, which shall I follow????? But then there's a spider....and someone with a rat in their freezer, Ms M, Ms S, TAZ and zeb with a poopy mess.....where am I??? is this a looking glass?
quote:
Originally posted by ninth_wave:
It be a little runny, couldn't ya thicken er up a bit? My spindly lil' fly legs is a sinking into da spyder's brew. I dont wants ta drown in da sea of luv here.
You won't have to worry about your spindly legs if you stick with Zeb, you know a fly stuck on .......pooh! zebpooh!
quote:
Originally posted by N:
I am so nooobie that I don't even know anything about these other places to list....guess I better start collecting what yall are writing.
Looks like some have fees and some don't. I can't afford many more fees! Gol dang!
I have two tracks to follow, Jeff's and choo's, which shall I follow????? But then there's a spider....and someone with a rat in their freezer, Ms M, Ms S, TAZ and zeb with a poopy mess.....where am I??? is this a looking glass?
Oh my, what else, errrr who else did I forget.....the fly! Spider and the fly, fly on the wall, on the fly, stuck on flies like a fly stuck on zeb.......
Great minds work in the same tracks......not Jeff's nor choos....but mes and yous.....
quote:
Originally posted by ninth_wave:
The only way you can be saved is the way we badly misbehaved. Eight spyder legs around me you did wrap and we're still in trouble over that! WinkWink
Ewwww! In trouble with you I'll gladly stay. Don't worry sweet fly... I'll keep N away. WinkWink No, there won't be th' Zeb pooh for you. You belong in my spyder brew. Razz
quote:
Originally posted by N:
You won't have to worry about your spindly legs if you stick with Zeb, you know a fly stuck on .......pooh! zebpooh!

I still got my eyes on dat Zeb dude, cuz I knows he got eyes for dem cookies I'sa layin claim to. My fly buds is still standin by, and ready ta start a buzzin youse knows where. Maybe he better get that arse covered up wit dem brown pantaloons o Miss S! Big Grin
quote:
dem cookies I'sa layin claim to.

Yep, th' cookies fer you they be. Wanna share a truffle, or two... or three? Wink

Zeb, ya DO still have th' brown pants doncha? Watch out fer th' fly buds! They're comin' to getcha! Ya might hafta share them pants with N 'cause I'm aroundin' up my spyder friends. Big Grin
quote:
In which case da spyder's brew, will only be to me from you.
Cookies, brownies 'n' spyder brew & now we got th' truffles too. WinkWink
Damm I missed you guys again??? Mad
(Layin it on a little thick aren't ya..LOL)
Don't even want to get the hose out, just glad to see you both posting again, we miss you!!

Miss S, that link was hilarious, thanks but I gotta tell ya NOBODY whacks me, I'M the one that does the wackin Big Grin And you BOTH deserve one for abandoning our thread *sniff* - Wet noodles are just fine! At least it's not a hammer Eek (Choo is so mean to me) Frown Love that avi ...how do you like my blinking eyes now? Good ole Zeb always comes through Smile I hope you didn't sign off already...I'll email ya Smile
quote:
Originally posted by N:
Sharing brown pants that belong to a fly........
OK!!! Hero pants makes a diff.....but must they be shared at the same time????
Still I guess a fly is kinda small huh? Could be small enough to share with me personna which is??? OH yeah!!!! but it came with a warning about overalls, does that include brown hero pants???
quote:
So you might wanna' consider the overall implications.

Is there a way to preview me post before I jump in? I can't tell what I got here......
So the dashing pooh horse comes in for a moment after a days rest, posts and gitty ups outta here.....the nerve.
I need to know how to make that turtle a bit smaller Zeb....now when you trot back here.....let me know......or choo will be after you again with the wet newspaper.....and it sounds like the cheeky thing could get kinky...I'd be careful if I were you...

PS gonna be scarce myself to day....have work to do, it is really hard to leave all this fun.
Ms blinkin' eyes.....did you look at your Crumb tree for me?
Hey Ya'll! Just popped in for a second. --- I've been *super* busy the last couple days. Every time I get back here it seems within a minute or two something else comes up and I have to take off again. Frown
I have noticed tho...that there hasn't been much happening here (lately). Guess the 'busy-fairy' has been hard at work! -- btw...whatever happened to Taz?? I miss that fuzzy little devil ! Frown Smile Best wishes to Shadeaux, Ninth, Missy, ChooChoo, N, --and actually Everyone in the community!! -- here's hoping ya'll are having a GREAT weekend. Spring is definitely Bustin'-out here!! -- Well I'm off yet again... gotta' birthday party to attend! Big Grin --zeb Cool
Good grief an over 24 hour gap occurred, but as they (whoever they are) say "it 'aint't over 'til the fat lady sings"

Oh yes Ms M how's this for verbal revenge for for snapping me on the loo.
quote:
we're in the middle of another snowstorm (shudder) Will it ever end???

We have had the warmest Jaunary on record (hardly any frost, no snow, high single and moderate double figure temps deg C) followed by probably also the warmest February for a very long time. 2 weeks ago even went on a long walk in shirt sleeves and felt hot, the daytime temps were at least 12 to 13C although single figures at night for a few days. Razz

Bit cooler now but no snow for us this year !
quote:
We have had the warmest Jaunary on record (hardly any frost, no snow, high single and moderate double figure temps deg C) followed by probably also the warmest February for a very long time. 2 weeks ago even went on a long walk in shirt sleeves and felt hot, the daytime temps were at least 12 to 13C although single figures at night for a few days

I HATE YOU CHOO (Yes I'm yelling, I'm SO jealous) Razz I'm freezing my buns off here ugh!
So what is it there, about 9AM? I thought you didn't get up til the crack of noon (Much like myself) Big Grin I was just on my way to dreamland, it's 3AM here. At least you're still with us...the 'us' being very small as of late. I have another pic of you I got when you weren't looking, as long as I can find it I'll post it tomorrow,,can't keep my eyes open now. And don't worry, it doesn't show any of your buff bod... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin (Although you'd probably like that, hehehe)
Good morning Choo (and to anyone else who might happen to stop by)

I found this pic of you ..this was right after you saw your ebay invoice...

Warm & sunny huh? Well we have COLD & sunny..I think we only had sun for 3 days since November ... BRRRRR Frown

EDIT - I had a much funnier picture but you got lucky because I chickened out...it was a little too bizarre to post here Eek
Last edited by member8880
I also look that way when I try to sort out a certain equation and the answers come out all wrong namely, given :-

STR = number of items sold per number of item listed over a given period expressed as a ratio

PERIOD_FEE = fees for that period (whether insertion, FVF or subscription)

AVE_VALUE = Average sale price of item

PERIOD_WORTH = what the seller gets out of it during that period

QTY_LISTED = qty listed in that period

When considering other sites to sell on just in the UK (as 99% of current sales from greedbay sell in UK) I look at :-

PERIOD_WORTH = (STR x AVE_VALUE x QTY_LISTED) - PERIOD_FEE

Add into the pot that generally fees tend to be inversly proportional to STR.

Many places appear to have a very low PERIOD_WORTH much lower than greedbay, even negative as the traffic they seem to attract is minimal. I look at sellers registered there for months who have sold very little, despite being successful on greedbay where a link is available to have a look.

A further warning sign is that most auctions are not auctions, by that I mean most are the equivelent of BIN or Offer, you cannot run an effective auction if only one bidder turns up as the item goes at the starting price so most sellers go BIN.

Whichever way I look at this the only worthwhile option is to buy a domain and a hosted website and spend the remaining equivelent fee value on advertising as the level of advertising purchased by a lot of other sites is so minimal and it does not matter how flash the site is or how many sellers and active listings there are, no buyers, no sales.

I did not know there were so many wanabee sites in the UK until these storms started last year and so many links started appearing in various posts.

So might just as well do-it-myself (D-i-M Big Grin )

Off course greedBay know this so they can lay us over a barrel and use more than a wet noodle to whip us with, the biggest losers are all those folk who cannot take this step because it is tough enough for many folks to handle their PC safely on the interent without going it alone unless they can afford a lot of dosh to pay others for website design and maintenance.

So being postive (which is not my natural state because I usually come a cropper being positive) I see the present scenario on greedbay to be a real turning point for many in taking a business to the next level.

Ok apologies for being so off topic here ....

Big Grin ! elbissop sa noos sa ecivres lamronba gnimuseR

edit deleted inversly - ! ymmuD
Last edited by choochooguy
quote:
Wink ul-ul a saw taht dna taolb doog a yojne I peY

Choo, forgive my interjection.. I for one..very much appreciate your sharing on the UK alternatives including conclusions drawn from an evaluation of your approach in assessing them. Frankly, I believe your point of establishing an independent (and more controllable) merchant presence vis-a-vis a hosted site (or equivalent stratagem) is very well taken; .. and really the only sensible choice toward achieving long-term stability and survival. You are also absolutely correct in the observation that many are ill-equipped to take on such an endeavor, and they would undoubtedly suffer in the attempt. For those who can muster sufficient resources and apply them with the necessary savvy to successfully establish themselves, the prospects of meaningful profitability are in my view, ultimately much better. The key issue of course..is the question of what it means to be 'savvy' enough. Anyway..that's just my 2-cents worth. (btw.. thanks! I couldn't find the 'cropper' idiom anywhere, and I'm fully aware of your challenges in dealing with our 'american' idiomatic bs Wink )
Alright then! If there ain't no "funny-stuff" in them brownies (we'll take your word for it Shadeaux) ...then ChooChoo! ~ you're just gonna' have to 'cropper' for all this weird bass-ackwards kaeps-oohC going on! Missy's got a headache,.. and now I'm gettin' one, ....and the spelling-checker has gone 'bonkers'! Frown

Big Grin Mad Eek ! tluaf s'oohCoohC gnieb ot nwod sliob yletamitlu ssem siht lla yas I

p.s. well its about time ya' got yer fuzzy-arse back in here Taz! What happened?..start chew'n on the HDD again? Roll Eyes Wink
quote:

Big Grin Eek !taht rof yad 'ht ni ylrae tib a tsuj ti t'nsi woN

Not too sure about that one! My workday starts at 11 PM nd ends at 7 AM! If I was going to have a few I would need to be finishing up right about now! Confused My system is so confused right now!
The new job is great and the benefits are out of this world (401 K match varies between $1.25 and $1.75 per dollar I contribute! They change it every quarter but never lower than $1.25 per $1), but swing shift BLOWS!
quote:
p.s. well its about time ya' got yer fuzzy-arse back in here Taz! What happened?..start chew'n on the HDD again? Roll Eyes Wink

Well it is better than Neanderthalically chewin on da keyboard! Speakin O' Neanderthals has anyone heard anymore from that fool? For that matter the udder clown that were givin da Choo Meister a ruff time?
I really fell outta touch whilst the PC was befuddled! Had a big argument with the GF about downloading things and not virus scanning before opening them. But I checked out what she did and unless you are Uber-paranoid you would have never caught the problem. The zip file scanned fine and when you extracted it fooled the Virus Scanner into dropping off the screen. it popped up fer about 1 second and disappeared! Still no idea of what little insidious thing it was? It totally kept me from going online but did not corrupt my files? Luckily I was able to back up my recent work and do a fresh install and fix things.
System recovery would not even work!
Gotta buy another puter for the GF to play with so she does not moider mine again!
quote:
Originally posted by TazFromPA:
Not too sure about that one! My workday starts at 11 PM nd ends at 7 AM! If I was going to have a few I would need to be finishing up right about now! Confused My system is so confused right now!

Hey Taz, been there more years than I care to remember. Actually was the second best job I ever had (like midnight accountingSmile) and left it to move to th' panhandle. First was carpentry which goes right with whackin' one with a hammer if'n they mess with me. Razz
So breakfast in th' evenin', brews in the a.m.!
Smile !em rof skroW

Wink !ti rof drow ym ekat nac ay ,beZ peY
quote:
Big Grin Mad Eek ! tluaf s'oohCoohC gnieb ot nwod sliob yletamitlu ssem siht lla yas I

Big Grin !ti did oohC ...eerga I
Oh I missed everyone again Frown TAZ I was wondering where you were! I never would have guessed computer problems. Glad the new job is going good, so I'm just getting home from work when you're starting (I never did like working nights) Heck we'll never get to talk now...Great, now I'm gonna be stuck talking to Choo, he's usually the only one online the same time as I am (did I say that out loud??) Big Grin I'm kidding Choo, you know I love ya Wink I'm even gonna look for a picture for ya tomorrow, something that will make you smile cuz I know you're usually grumpy. Mad

And Miss S, my dear friend, I never seem to be here when you are (I'll email you tomorrow, promise) Hope things are going well with you...Got any extra brownies? I'm hungry Big Grin Wink

N, your avi should fit, it's the ame size as mine (I think) did you try yet?

Well g'night everyone...hope someone is around tomorrow.
Howdy N -- So sorry Amigo(a?)... I didn't realize you were wanting to use that avi. I guess I thought you were still looking for something more 'tentative' Big Grin . Just replace your current avi with the turtle (size shouldn't be a problem). Just in case you're unsure about doing that..here's how:
First: nav to your images area & copy the img URL into your clipboard (sugg: put your avi into it's own folder & never move it!)
Then nav back here and click-thru the following:
go -> personal_zone -> profile -> view_edit_complete -> edit(avatar/pictureURL) -> custom_avatar -> [paste avi-image URL] -> update_avatar
Hope that helps! Smile Cool
Last edited by zebra
quote:
Originally posted by ~Zebra~:
Howdy N -- So sorry Amigo(a?)... I didn't realize you were wanting to use that avi. I guess I thought you were still looking for something more 'tentative' Big Grin . Just replace your current avi with the turtle (size shouldn't be a problem). Just in case you're unsure about doing that..here's how:
First: nav to your images area & copy the img URL into your clipboard (sugg: put your avi into it's own folder & never move it!)
Then nav back here and click-thru the following:
go -> personal_zone -> profile -> view_edit_complete -> edit(avatar/pictureURL) -> custom_avatar -> [paste avi-image URL] -> update_avatar
Hope that helps! Smile Cool
No problemo!
I will try it again....that's what I thought I did a couple of times...may have missed a step!
N -- oops! Not sure what happened but your avi's gone now. This is just a guess but...
When ' selecting ' the URL to 'copy' (use <ctrl>-C ) into the clipboard...be careful to highlight the img-URL starting Only from the 'http:' specifier. In other words.. highlight & copy the string similar to this: [ http://img.auctiva................ .gif ] and watch that you don't accidentally include any spaces or other chars preceding the [ http:// ] part.
Smile
Eek G'morning everyone,
I just had to bump 'our' thread to the top again. I found another pic of Choo before he's had his yearly haircut and root canals (oh he's gonna kill me) Big Grin

(Thank you Thurston) Smile Our Auctiva member Thurston has an emotopic website...some funny stuff.

N, I don't know what everyone else sells, but Choo sells sexy mens thongs in neon colors Big Grin Eek Big Grin
Weel I'll go 't bottm of oure stairs Eek

With a low key UK site I am getting first page entries on a UK Google search on two of my items whereas my closed greedbay store still has an entry about 14 pages down a Jeeves (Ask.co) search. About normal from what I remember, not bad considering I have only been with this other site for a month and I closed my greedbay store before the end of November last year.

The greedbay hit was based on meta tags (the buried information picked by by search engine) that you can enter when 'editing' your store.

Just how invisible is a greedbay store, anyone else find their store or SIF items show up well on Google or any other engines ?

After all Google is as much a household name in search engines as greedbay and Hoover in their fields so that is rather a good start especially as it costs nothing until a sale occurs !!

Gotta get me a domain name, that needs creativity to think of an unused relevant name, now where did I put my creativity . . . Roll Eyes
Hey there Choo,

You're certainly not using up all your creativity on me, I always expect much more retaliation than I actually get Big Grin
("that would not be good enough") Roll Eyes

Seriously tho, you're lucky that whatever you sell can be put on other sites...my stuff that's been on 2 other sites for over a week now has only had 5 views Frown If it were on ebay right now it would have already sold for much more than I expected with a few hundred views total. Sigh...guess I'm stuck on ebay for awhile yet.

Would you like ME to help you with a domain name, hmmm??? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
quote:
I always expect much more retaliation than I actually get

I am a gentleman and would not treat a lady as bad as you deserve . . . . hmmm, is there a flaw in that statement starting about la.. Razz

quote:
Would you like ME to help you with a domain name, hmmm???

You gotta be kiddin' you'd get me kicked off the internet let alone an auction site Eek

quote:
If it were on ebay right now it would have already sold for much more than I expected with a few hundred views total. Sigh...guess I'm stuck on ebay for awhile yet.

Sounds like you have two options, diversify starting with that crate load of goodies I sent you or set up a website, even just one page to use purely as search engine bait which is what I think I will try for first. Then develop it for actual selling in it's own right. On your own web page you could link to any online sites you are actively listing on.

A further option is to include flyers in your goods sold on greedbay with links to the other sites or even send out custom e-mail dispatch notes with hyperlinks Wink

So keep nominal sales on greedbay to farm buyers, seen that mentioned on one of these boards recently. Trouble is if view rates are low virtually need to BIN rather than auction Smile

ZZZZZ time 'til tomorrow's pick on poor little choo session Eek
quote:
diversify starting with that crate load of goodies I sent you

I don't see how a crateful of inflateble dolls will help me Big Grin But thanks, I like the fact than they're both male and female...some from your own collection perhaps???? Big Grin

Oh, there won't be a ""pick on poor little Choo"" session til LATE tomorrow. (Lucky you, I won't be around during the day) Big Grin

I'll have to leave it up to Zebra, Taz, N, and any of the others.....c'mon folks I need a stand in Wink

Till tomorrow Choo Smile
quote:
I'm lazy so I don't know if I would feel like learning all over again

For a one page search engine bait it is not learning all over again just learning more, strikes me that choosing a domain name and a decent site host are the most difficult parts, former needs creativty and the latter a touch of luck when unravelling the small print.

And please don't use the word 'lazy' in my presence I see Mad and turn off help mode. Wink
Hi ya'll. Smile

N, it should be on Go Daddy if that's where you purchased from. You could look on there to manage it and if not, I'd ask Auctiva to help you find it if you paid through here. Confused

Somethin' back there 'bout no spyder lookin' for th' fly... I'm not chasin' 'im any more... playin' hard to get!! Big GrinBig Grin (Hi there Ninth Wink)
Countin' on th' sweet cookie aroma to lure 'im on in closer... & closer... Oh, & there's a new special brew waftin' thru th' air too. Razz

Miss M, I promise to email you real soon. Wink Big Grin

Choo, I have my domain... think I got a goodun. Now please, what exactly is the best thing to do with it do ya think? I'm okay with HTML, know some about SEO and meta tags and all that. I want to get an appropriate logo and all going. Just seem to be kinda stuck after the purchase even tho' I've done it before. Roll Eyes

Hey Zeb & Taz. Smile Anyone heard from Pete? What happened to Jeff S & kbalona postin' here? Hmmm???
Ms S, I don't know how to even go there. But I believe I will try it very soon.
You know ALOT about this stuff, I can tell by yer techy talk. I luv it when people talk techy! Eek

So I just go lookin for it huh? Yep good idea. I have a place called an Auctiva Store and seems to have my listings so I figure that IF I can get to my website then add my store then I'll be danged proud! I know about ubb code than html.....but I'll figure it out....been procrastination cause I have so many more listin's to do.... Roll Eyes And ebay was a learnin' curve, then Auctiva, now a website. Never seems like it will end.
I kinda like these forums that has the software all set up and I can just sit around and mod and tell people what they can do!!! Big Grin
I saw one person on ebay whilst browsing with about 60 pages of their store.....can you believe that?
I guess no one talks about what theys a sellin huh? OK. I was just curious.....
is there a prohibition about it?
Like will the Auctive Cheifs come down and zap me?
I had almost forgotten about Pete, Jeff S, Kbalona et al.....I barely got to know them. I've only been around 2 mos now.

Well, I thought I'd check in cause I'm a listin' and seems like Ms eyes is always around at night complaining we aren't around. Guess I fooled her.
I like it that she thinks I am naive.... I am told I am naive, but I ain't stupid.......I could just see me makin' friend with a spider, a fly, a zebra, a Tas devil, and choo choo trains and not knowin' what the heck they are about; heck not me....OK nuf talk to myself. On with business.
Hi Shadeaux
quote:
Now please, what exactly is the best thing to do with it do ya think?

Your are way ahead of me still got to decide on a host, domain name is hard enough, my first, aaah !

Really depends on how far you want to take it, the value of your wares (so that it is cost effective) and how much effort you want to put into it.

From what I have seen so far once you have bought your domain name the next hurdle is designing the site, the creative part Eek

As the UK site have opted for appears to have a high Google profile I am just looking at using it as a single page search engine bait whilst I sort out design. As much to stop the name being grabbed by someone else.

Design must reflect your intended customer base, what do they want, clear, bright, concise for silver surfers or super-flash and vibrant to attract teenagers.

Well that's my notes for the moment, still trying to work out what to put in blogs that would attract or direct buyers to my sales instead of boring them to go else where, hard work this advertsing lark Big Grin
quote:
Is there any truth in the rumour that a spider has mistakenly a eaten a fly

*sniff* You might be right...maybe it's R.I.P. for the fly...if you notice, only one of the terrible twins has been posting here once in a great while (Hi Miss S) Smile

Nope, NO idea where everyone else is...kind of ODD about Pete tho, isn't it? I seriously hope he's OK, it's been way too long..

Oh, and I noticed you didn't ask where I was, thanks alot Razz Razz Big Grin
You DO know I was teasing you right??
(As usual)
In fact I was looking for another pic to post, I know how much you love those Big Grin but I can't seem to decide on one. Hmmmm, I'll have to keep looking. And I almost forgot - I owe you a package after you so graciously sent me all of your blow up dolls Big Grin Big Grin Now what can I send you????????? I'll have to think on this one for awhile...to bad my freezer rats are gone Big Grin

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.