Skip to main content

Well Auctiva Asylum Lunatics it is 3 am here and time to close my weary eyes and dream of spiders!! Among my many business endeavors I use to own a pet shop and sold tarantulas. Quite vicious creatures actually. Met my previous GF when she came in to buy a tarantula and it bit me as I was boxing it for her!
Edit: OMG I just may have to go find her! I am a free man again and just remembered I ran into her sister about 2 months ago and she said she was still talking about me!

TY all for jogging my feeble brain!
Good night from Reno Taz, same to you on the Merry Christmas.

Miss M - No swats! (But I did say YES to that whack, oh oh.)

Miss S - I just looked it up, you DO have eight eyes! Now I know I'm going to have sweet dreams tonight. 8000 legs, 8000 eyes, OMG what else? Where's that web? Off to dreamland, I'll let you know how it turns out. (I may not want to wake up Wink Wink Wink )
Hey everyone! Sorry I seem to have missed a lot of fun, but little lad was not very well at all, and I couldn't leave OH to look after him on her own, as she is under the weather herself. So, I have read all the posts I missed (and this thread now has over 3000 views!), but there's too many for me to answer all of them, so here is a quick precis:

Steve, nice looking bar. Sorry about the fiancee thing, but you seem to be handling it well, and it looks like it is for the best. I'm curious, at what point does it cease to be our mums who vet our girlfriends, and start to be our daughters??!! Big Grin

Susanne, so, you're a biker chick are you? mmmm.... Cool

And as for Shirley and Sid, well...... Get a room!!! Eek

And FWIW, I don't think Auctiva will bounce this thread, 'cos I reckon they are having as much fun reading it as we are posting it (but they can't join in the posting, of course Wink )

LOL, catch you all later when you get up Big Grin
Yes I did see them Susanne, you have a great sense of humour - I like that in a woman, and those sexy eyes, and leathers - oh god Eek

And I think it will need to be a fire hose, the way those two are carrying on! Big Grin

OK, my boy has now asked me to go and sit with him for a cuddle, so guess what? I have to go! Parents have just arrived, for the traditional Christmas Eve Chinese takeaway, so I doubt I'll be back on tonight. Take care Susanne, have a lovely Christmas (and the same to everyone else of course!), and we'll chat soon.

TTFN,

Sexy St Pete Big Grin
quote:
I'm curious, at what point does it cease to be our mums who vet our girlfriends, and start to be our daughters??!!

Well Pete I am sure mom is going to try her input here also, but I must say I do believe my daughters choices could be interesting!
She called a bit ago and said she has 2 friends without dates for New Years Eve and would I want to go out with one. Me being the gallant guy I am, I said only one?!! Daughter laughed and said Dad you are the best.
OMG just realized at the YOUNG age of 45 I am turning into a DIRTY old man. I do not think I could handle a pair of twenty somethings now anyway. Decisions decisions!

Glad the family is feeling better Pete and a Merry Christmas to you and everyone else!
Thought I'd pop in for a sec while getting ready for the huge family Christmas party tonite....

Steve, I always figured you for a 'dirty' old man Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin (KIDDING!!!) I'm going to guess we're all sorta kinda maybe around the same age group.....'cept for Sweet Pete, 8 year old son?? Pete might be a young 'un himself. As for the Ninth, he's still kind of mysterious. (And he LOVES it that way)

Anyhow, go for it and have fun, you deserve it!

Hope everyone has fun tonite/tomorrow Smile
omg Ninth, have we made spectacles of ourselves? Roll Eyes You did say 'don't read this'. Big Grin
Hope ya'll don't expect me to leave that sweet li'l fly alone. I couldn't. Oh no. I couldn't. Wink

Pete, glad your OH and son are getting better.
oops, it posted. Miss M, have a fun night!
Taz, yeh, you oughta just go for it. Why not? lol Thanks for the jokes and pics.

I'm really only here for a minute, till later, to wish all of you dear sweet folks a very Merry Christmas! xo
You're right Miss Shirl, I did say 'don't read this'. Doesn't that mean we've done our part to avoid gossip and speculation? Really, all we did is provide a little holiday entertainment and mild titillation, and they want to take a fire hose to us! No appreciation for all our efforts.

And Pete says: "I like that in a woman, and those sexy eyes, and leathers - oh god", then signs his post "Sexy St Pete", and then tells US to get a room. Ookay. (not a bad idea though) Oops there I go again. Don't read that. Wink Glad the fam's ok Pete. (Miss M, I don't blame Pete one bit. There's just something about a woman in leather, right Pete?)

Taz, love all the great live action thingamijigs you put up. They really are in the spirit of things here. Just so we don't get too wholesome though, I've decided to contribute a little dark humor to our public shenanigans here on Auctiva's generously provided forum. I'm referring to the picture of course, MY humor isn't dark. well...

So to all the Auctiva staff and members who have managed stop in and read some of our silly ramblings, and those who had better things to do (don't blame you), Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. (Miss S, you just know I can't stop buzzing around. Wink) Yeah I know, 'get a room' - bye all.

Hi folks, just popping in as I am up and getting the turkey prepared. Many thanks for your best wishes for my family - unfortunately they both seem to have dropped back a bit, both running high temperatures Frown, Stevie's is at 103. So, it looks like they both have 'flu for Christmas Eek I seem to have escaped it, because I had to have a 'flu jab a few weeks back.

It's lucky Sal's parents are coming over today, or I'd end up eating a whole turkey, and it's a big one!

Susanne, sorry hun, you are way off on my age! Big Grin Yes, Stevie is only 8, but I have another son from a former relationship, who is 29!

So, your mission folks, should you choose to accept it, is guess Sexy St Pete's age Wink

By the way Steve, go fill yer boots mate! Cool

Have a GREAT day everyone! Big Grin
Hi Pete,
Merry Cristmas! (I might be drunk so pls excuse any misspellings, I probably wont notice themSmile
Nephew turned 21 at midnite tonite so we of course had to take him out for drinks. (Or as Taz would say, scoops and shants) Had a great time! I just hope I'm not sorry in the morning Frown

OK your age...between 50 & 60? Pretty broad guess huh!! Covering all the bases..I think we're all relatively close in age but who the heck knows about Sid...he's probably 19 Big Grin BTW Sid the Ninth, GREAT plane pic! Love your pics too Miss S! (Is that you & ninth I see hiding in the bushes?? Big Grin

Pete, you can send some of that turkey over my way, you know I can't cook...Yum..Smile
Really sorry everyone is sick tho, what a lousey time for that to happen! You're pretty brave to get the flu shot. I'm a 'needle expert' but I'm scared of shots!

Hope everyone has as good a time tonite as I did.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Good to see y'all out here having fun! The family thing went well and I just got home.
Yeah Pete I remembered you posted about the age thing and being a bit older. Just did not want to out you!
My "edumacated" guess is 53 but I am probably wrong again!
As fer Sid I need to place you in the 45 to 48 age range?
Malum mens reputo pariter
The Night Santa Went Crazy
by weird al yankovic

Down in the workshop all the elves were makin' toys
For the good Gentile girls and the good Gentile boys
When the boss busted in, nearly scared 'em half to death
Had a rifle in his hands and cheap whiskey on his breath
From his beard to his boots he was covered with ammo
Like a big fat drunk disgruntled Yuletide Rambo
And he smiled as he said with a twinkle in his eye,
"Merry Christmas to all - now you're all gonna die!"

The night Santa went crazy
The night St. Nick went insane
Realized he'd been gettin' a raw deal
Something finally must have snapped in his brain

Well, the workshop is gone now, he decided to bomb it
Everywhere you'll find pieces of Cupid and Comet
And he tied up his helpers and he held the elves hostage
And he ground up poor Rudolph into reindeer sausage
He got Dancer and Prancer with an old German Luger
And he slashed up Dasher just like Freddy Krueger
And he picked up a flamethrower and he barbequed Blitzen
And he took a big bite and said, "It tastes just like chicken!"

The night Santa went crazy
The night Kris Kringle went nuts
Now you can't hardly walk around the North Pole
Without steppin' in reindeer guts

There's the National Guard and the F.B.I.
There's a van from the Eyewitness News
And helicopters circlin' 'round in the sky
And the bullets are flyin', the body count's risin'
And everyone's dyin' to know, oh Santa, why?
My my my my my my
You used to be such a jolly guy

Yes, Virginia, now Santa's doin' time
In a federal prison for his infamous crime
Hey, little friend, now don't you cry no more tears
He'll be out with good behavior in 700 more years
But now Vixen's in therapy and Donner's still nervous
And the elves all got jobs working for the postal service
And they say Mrs. Clause, she's on the phone every night
With her lawyer negotiating the movie rights

They're talkin' bout - the night Santa went crazy
The night St. Nicholas flipped
Broke his back for some milk and cookies
Sounds to me like he was tired of gettin' gypped

Wo, the night Santa went crazy
The night St. Nick went insane
Realized he's gettin' a raw deal
Something finally must have snapped in his brain
Wo, something finally must have snapped in his brain
Tell ya, something finally must have snapped... in his brain
Hi.
Pete, sorry to hear that! Frown I've got a turkey breast to cook or I'd offer to take some off your hands too. I know Miss M will enjoy it after that hangover she's gonna have. OUCH! I don't like needles either. No flu shots for me, thank you!
My guess is 49?

Miss M, pretty broad guess... Big Grin I think Ninth is a wee bit older than 19, but won't guess unless invited. lol Thanks on the pics. Love that place! I hope your head feels good in the morning to not damper all that fun. Wink

Ninth, I don't think it's poison oak. I walked up that path before the pic. Maybe my jeans protected me and it really is. lol I dunno. We'll avoid it though. Wink

Taz, you're just a man of many talents! Aren't you. Smile I have no idea what you just said. lol
quote:
Originally posted by ninth_wave:
Hello all you rabble-rousing message board junkies, Dark Side Babes and Thread Hijinxers: Miss
Shirley, HandlePete, Evil Santa, and especially Miss Member who started it all by instigating a
certain Whack-a-mole on the head outburst of internet violence, not to mention stirring up a
(ninth?) wave of self-doubt to infect not only my long-held sense of gender projection online
(what, you were expecting a coherent sentence?), but even my semblence to earthly beings such as
yourself has been brought into question! (Mars indeed!)

Since you have all done such a inspired job of cajoling me out of my innermost online secret, I
will now and forthwith reward all of you breathless readers with the jaw-dropping moment of
universal truth you have just been dying to know since yesterday - are you ready!

OK that was the big buildup, now for the seriously anti-climatic truth: Sorry to disappoint all you
doubters, and cheaters who voted both ways, but the I'm afraid the majority wins this one. The
Ninth is definitely a guy. (Phew! Glad that's over.) Anyway I hope no one is too disappointed,
because if you are I'll send Miss M to whack you with a piece of Aunt Bertha's fruitcake! And if
that doesn't get you straight, there's always my new Lewisville Slugger from Evil Santa)

To all of you fine keyboard jaspers out there, the poll has been a great fun for me, and I hope a
bit of diversion for you. Thank you all for participating, and for your patience, not only in
waiting for the not-so-big revelation, but for wading through all this incredibly overblown
nonsensical piece of prose, which will finally end with these words of wisdom: If you want a long
and happy life, DO NOT eat that fruitcake. Wink Wink Wink

I still think it's "God only knows"

LOL
Morning all!

Merry Christmas...Feeling pretty good today!

Hi there barparts, chime in whenever you want, nothing on this thread makes much sense but we're having so much fun, who cares Smile

Again, getting ready to also do the family thing (I may throw like a guy but I still like to look like a girly girl) Miss Shirley knows what I mean dontcha Wink

See you all later, have a happy day Smile
Also ate WAYYYY too much but that's nothing new. Good thing I never have to diet or I'd be in trouble Big Grin Kind of glad Christmas is over tho...I love it when it's here, but too much shopping (ugh) spending $$, eating & drinking, you grt the picture Smile

Somebody somewhere on one of our many posts didn't think this thread would last this long...don't know who it was ??

No way am I gonna go back to find out Smile
What? You don,t want to dig through 470 posts? Actually that should be located within the first 50 or so!
Wadda Ya think about 10 cent listing day? Guess tomorrow will be spent prepping and scheduling stuff!
I have a pile of old silver I need to post but I am talking Silverware from 1878 and before that I do not want to giveaway! I guess 10 cents will be worth it to find out if I can get anything for it!
Moms cousin covered the Nuremberg trials for the Stars and Stripes and if you Google Winthrop Fanning you will find this. http://www.stripes.com/photoday/123103photoday.html
He was quite the character and he worked for the Pittsburgh Post Gazette as the TV critic. i have photos of him with quite a few movie stars and he actually had an " Audience " with the Queen of England! Yeah Pete how do you like me now! LOL
he had a nice collection of German stuff and also had about 40 years worth of old TV Guides that he had saved. When we moved him over here with us we THREW the old TV Guides in the trash! Wish I would have known about eBay then!
One more link from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Schacht_AlbSchwamberger.jpg
Hey Taz! I had a great day, thank you! It's always so much fun to spend time with the grandkids. They're such a delight! Smile

I dunno, Miss M. Does he lurk and Sexy St Pete too? lol I think Pete's sleepin' now. ?? Hope your loved ones are better today, Pete.
Ninth, are you lurking out there, you pretty sweet fly? Wink

I wonder who said it won't last. Did anyone? I don't remember. lol
Hi gang - No I haven't been lurking, matter of fact I just got in from Christmas with my daughter, her mom (my X) and her grandmother. It was a very nice day, lots of presents and great food. I am so stuffed I can barely bend over to tie my shoes - all that turkey you know. I bought my daughter a ton of computer and video games, so she was in video game ecstasy. She's 16 and been playing them since she was 3, thanks to Dad. Anyway I caught up on the posts, and see we finally got a new poster. We could use a few more. Glad you all had a great day, keep it going. I'm wiped, so am away to bed, but will check in tomorrow. You're right Miss S, gmta - I really don't think the mistletoe will be necessary. Yes we know: 'GAR' (new net-lingo acronym)
Hey everyone! Big Grin No Susanne, I don't lurk, Shirley's right, when you are all posting here, I'm usually tucked up in bed Wink

OK, many thanks again for asking after my family - update is Stevie's temperature is almost back to normal (but he has a lousy cough), and Sally is running about 100F at the moment, so she is tucked up in bed.

Turkey was great, though I say it myself - she was a big bird, but I stuffed her OK Big Grin

On the age front, I see Susanne likes the shotgun approach! Closest so far is Steve (very close actually).

As for the jabs, well, many years ago when I was in the Army we used to be like pin cushions, they'd be sticking all sorts of vaccinations in us for this and that, so I guess it doesn't mean much now. I had to have the 'flu jab 'cos I am diabetic, it's important for me not to get nasty infections apparently Frown It also means I can't partake of as much food and drink as I used to at Christmas Roll Eyes Oh well, probably a good thing in a way.

Hope none of you have bad hangovers when you wake up, and look forward to chatting to you all later. Smile
G'morning everyone,

Hope you're all doing well today.

Pete, I told ya, I can take some of that turkey off your hands Smile
I think the army is always that way isn't it? No matter where you're from? My dad was always telling stories about all the needles & shots, my friends that went to Vietnam & Iraq too.....No thanks Eek

Ninth, what does GAR mean?? (You know I'm computer challenged)
Hi all just catching up a bit.
Pete sorry to hear wife is still sick. Glad your son is feeling better. So I was very close with the age guess. Without going back through posts I believe I guessed 53 and you said
quote:
Closest so far is Steve (very close actually).
So I must be within 1 year either way. I will leave it up to the rest of the troops to figure that one out.
I know what you are going through with the diabetes, it runs in moms side of the family and she has it pretty bad. Have you tried Byetta? She started using it and it dropped her blood sugars down probably 25%. She runs some crazy numbers at times still though(Up in the 400's a couple of weeks ago Frown )But she also cheats a lot.

Susanne
quote:
I know GAR ... it just sorta slammed into my head Ouch
Are you sure that was not the door to the room that slammed into your head?

Sid glad you had a good Christmas with your daughter.
HMM Is that what you call it?

BTW Ninth I was reviewing the posts under suggestions and the one about "What color is Auctiva' has been pulled with all posts pertaining to it gone!
That was about the stupidest post I have ever seen and from an Auctiva employee to boot!
On a serious note!

I was real depressed last night so I called The Suicide Prevention Hotline.

My call was routed to a call center in Pakistan.

I told them I was suicidal.

They got all excited and asked me if I could drive a truck full of fertilizer?
I guess they pulled it because it was so stupid that they were a little embarrassed by it. I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when the lecture came down. Just realized, I AM a fly on the wall, right Shirl?

quote:
Originally posted by TazFromPA:
They got all excited and asked me if I could drive a truck full of fertilizer?

What did you say to that? 'No, but a leather babe with beautiful eyes might cheer me up.'

Edit- I know Sexy Pete, the leather thing is yours, but you can't have it all to yourself. All us guys like sweeties in leather. Cool
Last edited by ninthwave
Hey, don't be too good, Taz was just rambling about staying out of trouble, he didn't really mean it. (remember he has a broken heart and is not quite right in the head yet) (actually he is quite right, madly flirting with two gorgeous ladies in the space of one page, how much more right can you get?) and I really don't care who gets confused as long as you don't (I'll keep you clear. Wink)
Long as you know, that's great with me. Yeh, I laugh to think of what goes through the lurkers' minds. Big Grin (that didn't sound like I meant without the smiley)

Why be different? That's a rhetorical question, yes? lol I think a spider and a fly, not just ANY spider and fly, mind you, IS different. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin I like the idea of keepin' them dazed and Confused though you're probably right about not needing our help.

I'm still saving my bucks... For those beers. Wink Can't think of anything I'd rather spend it on. Smile
Last edited by shadeaux
At over 4000 views, there do seem to be quite a few 'interested' lurkers out there. Not sure I want to know everything they're thinking though.

By 'why be different', I meant 'why start making sense now' when half the posts haven't made sense up to now anyway. Of course I didn't mean OUR posts, which always make perfect sense, at least to us. Wink (In spite of the fact that we have walked such a thin line of self-imposed restraint) Hey 'innuendo r us', right Miss S? Oh those beers are yelling our names!
Happy Boxing Day to you too, now that I know what it is (after having to look it up). Wonder how Sexy Pete celebrates that day since it is a UK day? Maybe he can enlighten us when he is able to grace us with his presence. How come I never heard of Boxing Day? I feel so stupid! Frown (accompanied by a slap to the side of the head[not too hard though]) Thank you Miss S for furthering my education.
quote:
(remember he has a broken heart and is not quite right in the head yet) (actually he is quite right, madly flirting with two gorgeous ladies in the space of one page, how much more right can you get?)
OMG is that why they wanted to know if I could drive that fertilizer truck? And I thought it was just because they are an impoverished country and wanted to make me feel useful! HELP I need the Hotline for Suicide Prevention I am going to jump into a huge Spider Web and end all my suffering! Edit:: " Hidden Secret Squirrel POST" No-one read but Miss S!
You will catch me right?
NOW BACK TO YOUR REGULAR PROGRAM scheduled for THIS time frame!
Last edited by tazfrompa
Hi y'all Smile Stevie still improving, Sally not too good (was in tears this morning Frown ), and I am feeling lousy too (not sure if the jab has protected me or not, or if maybe I am getting something else Frown )

Anyway, Taz, no I haven't tried Byetta, that doesn't seem to be available on prescription over here I don't think. Those BG levels do sound scary! Eek And by the way, stop flirting with Susanne, I'm after her, you have a couple of 20 year old little sweeties to chase don't you? Wink

Susanne, those are YOUR eyes, aren't they?

OK, back off to do me nursing stuff again (just give me a big frock and a lamp, and call me Florence!)
Ok you asked for it.....
Hi Florence (see what you started now) Wink
I don't think those flu shots actually work. Well, they work but they just GIVE you the flu Big Grin You couldn't PAY me to get one, nuh-uh!

Sorry to hear everyone is still sick but there's alot of flu going around here too. Knock on wood (or Pete's head will do) I usually manage to avoid it...HATE getting sick.

Pete, those DO look very close to my own eyes, whick is why I like this avatar so much. Wish the rest of my face looked that good Big Grin

So Pete is after me????? Uh-oh, maybe Taz was right about 'group rates for GAR' GEEZ still laughing at that one!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Oh no ya don't...I'm not coming over there to take care of you Big Grin Big Grin
Not a nurse but a lab tech, in other words a vampire. Ask Shirley, she knows I'm a sadist Big Grin
I love to stick people with needles..and to get paid for doing it is just gravy Big Grin

Wow I sound really nasty don't I?? Didn't mean it to sound that way lol.

C'mere Pete...I'LL give you a shot.. Big Grin...you'll never have the flu again..
Hi Choo...good to see you!
Yeah we've been having a blast..(Shirley YOU are too funny)
C'mon & join in. Didja hear that ninth??
He voted female (at least he didn't vote 'God only knows) Big Grin

I'm just checkin in from work..hope to see you all later (you folks don't seem to be stayin up as late as you used to ) When I come home I'm all by myself *sniff sniff*

TTYL~~~~~
Hello all. Pete sorry I missed you but it appears you fared well without me.
Had a rather busy day today. Went out with my daughter and her friend to do some shopping and grab a bit to eat.
quote:
you have a couple of 20 year old little sweeties to chase don't you?
Pete I am not chasing after a couple of 20 year old sweeties, they are BOTH 23. Geez I feel bad enough as is going out with one of my daughters friends!

But if ChiTown was closer and Miss M had her leathers on I just may be inclined to chase after her or at least take her to Magoo's to shoot some pool. And what are you doing for New Years Miss M? Prolly happily married anyways!
BTW Miss M I believe I mentioned your eyes quite some time ago when you changed avatars to the Godzilla eye! Eek So glad you went back to these ones
Y'all if this thread gets much steamier we may have to get convention rate discounts instead of GAR.
Coming soon the Auctiva Asylum Lunatics convention be sure to sign up early and sign up often for best rates.
Stay tuned to this rambling post of utter nonsense to become an honorary member of the Asylum and receive an invitation to the convention when and if it ever happens. Membership is limited to the first 10 people or maybe 100 or 1,000. Will have to ask the otherfounding members.
Last edited by tazfrompa
Hi 8880, been kinda busy, this Christmassy thing disrupts my sales and means I have to attempt to be sociable face to face Eek

I don't know what time the others go to bed but here in the UK it is already 23:15 GMT and my keyboard approaches my nose at increasing rate and frquency as time goes by, or is it me falling asleep zzzzzzzzzzz

whoops there I go again. Roll Eyes
Translated that a few times here in this post but here goes again.
"One day we shall rule the world, but for today this forum will do" If you plug it into a Latin translator you will get this "One day we will rule the world , nothwithstanding for today this market place will to work"
Edit: Nothing bad we were just wondering where you were. I believe your last posts were on the 18th?
EDIT EDIT: How could you miss reading a few posts?
It isn' like there are a lot of posts on this thread yet? 556 and 4635 hits!
Hi Choo. Glad to see you here!

You too, Miss M and Taz. MM, I know it's briefly right now. I'll try to be here tonite. Smile

How's your day, Taz?

Where are you pretty, pretty fly? I've a special dinner all prepared... waiting for you to buzz on by. Wink

Edit - 4635 hits... that'll be 5000 'fore ya know it. Been meaning to ask how do you tell how many posts there are? All I see is we're on page 28. Confused
Hi Steve, I have been watching this post virtually since it started and received no mails about updates to this thread from about the 20 something until this evening despite being online for mail almost every day at some time. Frown

The eighteenth was when I voted Big Grin

Thanks for the translation, but not sure I understand the English version either Confused

How would I sign, perhaps, "Born to be dim and getting better ?"
Howdy folks - hey Choo good to see you fella, we all missed your cheery online presence. I seriously can't believe you thought I was one of the girls though, you of all people! What a blow to my fragile ego!

I just popped in to say hi, and now have to leave to take my daughter to her high priced math tutor. (God, kids are expensive!) Sorry I couldn't stay to add to the witticisms but maybe later.
I just like to bring Madness to the sea of Sanity that surrounds me! Usually it is the opposite way but I have never been a conformist!
Heck in grade school they thought I was a bit special if you catch my drift but then they tested me and found out I was bored out of my skull in the juvenile classes they had me in and placed me in Advanced Classes. From Dee Da Dee to Einstein in one easy sitting.
(Please do not think I am being insensitive to people with special needs, I have done volunteer work before in casual settings)
Just really amazes me that in the Dark Ages of the 60's they could have thought I was a special needs child and could not diagnose Attention Deficit Disorder!
ADD I think I must have that, or isn't it AADD for us ole fogeys? lol Not calling you an ole fogey... or me either. I like how it sounds. Big Grin I guess I was lucky in my schools until high school. I never had any biology or a second language either. Yet they had me in shorthand and wouldn't let me change to any type of different class. I hated it, and then turned out to be her best student. Go figure. lol Lotta good it does me now... long since outdated. Noone can read my notes, unless I want it readable. O'course, I've forgotten most of it and it all looks like scribbles anyway.

Dark Ages of the 60's... that's funny, yet so true nowadays! Big Grin

Just looked outside. It's been real foggy and brrrrr freezin' all day. There be's snow! Woohoo! Smile
Last edited by shadeaux
I really am not sure what they call it for us MATURE people. HA HA
I carried a pretty full load through Junior High up until HIGH school when I turned 16. Crazy Math courses a couple of years of French and Spanish and a year of German and Latin thrown in the mix.
I have forgotten all of the German and much of the French and Spanish but I am fascinated with Latin and while I am far from well versed in it I do remember a bit.
I was in a bad car wreck my junior year when I was 16 and my school work fell behind the Party Work and lets just say I spent some time in the party zone after that until an awakening in 2000 when I dumped my bike in Daytona the first day of Bike Week and spent all of Bike Week with no Scooter and road rash due to my stupidity.
Shortly after that is when I got diagnosed with Adult ADD and I found out my partying all those years was PARTIALLY tie into self medicating the ADD! Not going to blame it all on that because i must admit I had a lot of fun!
EDIT : Yeah I guess AADD is the term! DOH!
I really loved school until high school. Then only parts of it, band especially. I'd somehow gotten through all the required credits fast (not knowing about biology and another language till years later. lol) and I just wanted to be done.
It would be quite helpful to know some Spanish now. I'm an total doofus when it comes to other languages. No matter how much I hear others speaking Spanish, I just don't seem to pick it up. Heck, I should speak it fluently if I did. lol
I had a motorcycle when I was a kid - couldn't wait to get my license! Smile The only wrecks on it were thankfully minor. My Daddy fell over at a stop sign... he was so embarrassed and sad that he dented my gas tank. And he made me let my cousins "play" with it. They popped wheelies, each in turn, and brought it back with the rear all scratched and torn up. I was so mad!
Self medicating, I've never been diagnosed with anything like that but can't say I didn't try a bit of self-medication anyway. Mine was pretty limited compared to most I knew. No, it was very limited. lol I was one o' those 'square' people. Never was one to follow the crowd and had plenty of fun. Still do. Smile
Hi hi hi hi hi!!!

Boy, gone for 10 hrs and look at all I missed...Glad to see you Choo. We were trying to keep this post alive til New Years (at least) seems it won't be a problem now Smile

I miss all the good stuff when I'm at work! Taz, I would LOVE to see Mcgoos (sp?)looks like my kind of place but you guys know what I'm doing NY eve & NY day??? working Frown But for double time & a half I guess I can put up with it Wink

Miss S & I are trying to come up with another kind of game...oh, I don't know, maybe we can try to guess Choo's name now? (It probably starts with an S) Big Grin Big Grin

Any ideas??
Anybody here tonite or am I by myself again Frown

EDIt--edit
" " Coming soon the Auctiva Asylum Lunatics convention be sure to sign up early and sign up often for best rates.
Stay tuned to this rambling post of utter nonsense to become an honorary member of the Asylum and receive an invitation to the convention when and if it ever happens. Membership is limited to the first 10 people or maybe 100 or 1,000. Will have to ask the otherfounding members" "

TAZ STOP IT my ribs are already sore and I'm sick to death of crying Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Whew, I REALLY need to get a grip but it's not as easy as it sounds Smile
Last edited by member8880
Hi Ms Shirley...Sorry, I got caught up in shopping thru BigCrumbs...you're probably gone now & so is everyone else...but still..shopping?? good for you and me, lol! I don't think any of my referrals have shopped yet, at least it doesn't look that way *sigh* Oh well, still making a little money Smile (for both of us)

Yeah, where's ninth when I need him to whack me in the head for not signing up sooner..grrr
(LOVE that whackin thread!!) Big Grin

My guess for Choo is NO idea Smile Hope he gives us a hint Wink
Am still here. Smile
I haven't even thought of shopping since eBay's so hard to get into for me. It's better as long as I don't close it. Takes forever to start a new day.
Getting there through BC isn't a happening thing right now. Oh well, need to save the $$$ for those beers anyway. Big Grin

edit: I've no idea for Choo either. That was just a shot in the dark and it starts with an S. lol
God, what a PITA that must be. I get mad when it takes 5 seconds to load with all the new junk they added (plus advertising, did you see that carp yet?)
Go and whack 'em when you go back to live helpless...you're paying your fees like everyone else Mad

PS--Latin is like MATH to me--my brain seems to shut down, doesn't want to deal with it Smile
Wonder what a phsycologist would say about that Big Grin Big Grin
Oh no, Taz. For me probably. lol Yeh, should've been all caps. I'm just bein' bad. Too Much Information. Got on a ramble there. Big Grin

edit- should've been all caps... too much playin' on My Space with my oldest daughter. lol
Math I can do. lol I know about the fees. They should be giving me some sort of discount but I won't hold my breath. I try to ignore the advertising... all the flashy things drive me bonkers.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.