Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by JeffS:
First off, how does a "group" or an "individual" get your eBay password?

You take two steps: 1) change your password, 2) turn them in.

There are no other choices.

I already did step one. Actually, within an hour or so of their 'crime'.

There are a few ways. One way, send a spoof email that looks like an 'Ask Seller A Question'.

So, that's one vote for turning them in.

Thank you for your input.
Hi, This too happen to one of my friends who sells on ebay..they listed a motorcycle,when all she was selling was polo shirts!! All crime should be reported, if not, the criminals win, and if they get away with it..there will just be more crime and worst crime. Believe me those who did this to you are VERY JEALOUS of you! You have what they don't! I found this out..when at 25yrs old, I brought a brand new Camaro, I had it only 3 months when someone took a key and keyed the entire car! I was so upset (no x-boyfriends,etc) I could not understand why some stranger would do such a thing. My mother said "sweetie, they are just jealous, they want, what they can't have" Mom was so right, so as I age I have always remembered this, and really feel so sorry for those souls, I have found this to be very true indeed. You know when you sleep at night you can wake up and look yourself in the mirror,because you are honest, and that in itself is the best feeling of all!! Sorry so long, but it really eats at me when others are victims, because it could have been any of us! Lets us know how things turn out! Oh and a friend/coworker of mine was murder about 2 years ago, her boyfriend was jealous and killed her with his bare hands. I am one of the key witnesses to their relationship, and will be going to court to testify very soon on her behalf, she was 26yrs old. Frown
I'm sorry this happened to you.

Keep us apprised of the situation.

My thoughts?

Nail their arses to the wall!
No if, ands or buts bout it.

Also, don't stop at your local authority level and FBI, be sure to also file with the FTC.

This type of invasion comes under many and varied categories..one of them being identity theft.

IP numbers and more detailed information is available from eBay...however before you can receive this info...file! And Fast!

As you've ascertained, EBAY will require a report to be filed with the local police department and/or FBI before giving these numbers out.

Good Luck,
Donna
I'd be SURE it was who I thought it was before reporting that a certain person(s) did this. Is it possible some random scammers got your info, and not the usual gang of suspects? I know you've had disagreements with people, but setting up a fake site to get your login info is pretty extreme. And honestly, depending on who exactly you think it is, do they even have that know-how?
quote:
Originally posted by starrynight:
I'd be SURE it was who I thought it was before reporting that a certain person(s) did this. Is it possible some random scammers got your info, and not the usual gang of suspects? I know you've had disagreements with people, but setting up a fake site to get your login info is pretty extreme. And honestly, depending on who exactly you think it is, do they even have that know-how?

I haven't said who I 'think' it is or isn't. I have all the information needed (they didn't cover their tracks and now, it's too late). I'll let the information and those who will deal with said info determine who it is, and what to do with them. Once a report is submitted, it's beyond my control what's done. It becomes eBay's baby then. Like I said, although they broke into my eBay account, they broke into eBay's website, not mine. eBay only needs me to file with the appropriate authorities (IC3), per their direction. Whoever it is, is about to learn for every action, there's a reaction.

I hope they find their 'crime' was worth it.
quote:
Originally posted by cakethings:
So, I'm just curious...

It seems to me that the real purpose of this thread is to let the people know that you have reported them. So they are here on Auctiva?

Or is my imagination just running away?

Yes, your imagination is running away with you. I won't say 'where' they are. Actually, I haven't reported anyone. I am wrestling with what to do. As I mentioned earlier, I cannot withdraw my complaint once it's filed. In no way do I approve of or like what was done to me whatsoever. However, I understand for every action there's a reaction. A ripple 'effect' as it were. Otherwise known as 'karma'. So, I'm attempting to gather feedback and make the right choice. Thus far, the feedback is report them, they deserve it and it might prevent them from doing the same thing to someone else. I have yet to hear a reason 'not' to report them. I have no intention of posting whether I report them or not, here or anywhere. I'm taking a poll for feedback and that's it.

Don't read too much into it.
Didn't mean to make you upset. If you go back and read your previous post, it sounds as if you have already reported them:

"now it's too late"

"I'll let ... those who deal with said info ... determine ... what to do with them."

"It's beyond my control"

"Whoever it is, is about to learn..."

"I hope they find their crime was worth it."

So reading that, it just appeared to me as if you had already reported them. Then I wondered why you were asking for input if you had already made your decision. Simple as that.
quote:
Originally posted by cakethings:
Didn't mean to make you upset. If you go back and read your previous post, it sounds as if you have already reported them:

"now it's too late"

"I'll let ... those who deal with said info ... determine ... what to do with them."

"It's beyond my control"

"Whoever it is, is about to learn..."

"I hope they find their crime was worth it."

So reading that, it just appeared to me as if you had already reported them. Then I wondered why you were asking for input if you had already made your decision. Simple as that.

You didn't upset me. It is too late to take back what they've done and most likely, I will let those who deal with such things deal with it. Is there anything else on your mind? If not, I'll wish you a good day and move on.
The choice has been made. The criminals decided to continue with their fun & games. Perhaps, they feel 'above' the law. Or maybe, they feel like eBay and the FBI won't be bothered with the likes of them. Hey, maybe they won't and then again, maybe the will. It's a roll of the dice these criminals were willing to take. Their 'fun & games' as it were are considered felonies. So be it. They made the choice for me. Give eBay what they asked for and have them prosecuted to them fullest extent of the law.

You reap what you sow. Enjoy your harvest, TBB.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.