Skip to main content

anyone think its odd for a professed unbiased service to analyze the auction sistuation... they have paid ads from auction sites and mods even promote certain sites.... like at the very top has bid banner streaming online auctions co.... stores for 8 dolars a month... then when one checks the auctions counts ... to see the rank of auction sites with auction listings.. it has this same com second to ebay doubling the third ranked auction listing site...

to me an auction service forum that is there to help people with auction services... just never take money from auction services..!!!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

donna.. you are the best i've seen in being unbiased.... your strong efforts and being unbiased is very very valuable i'm just now noticing alot of uglyness and trickery and deceit all over .....i've seen donna go and switch from one to another when the info she gets warrants that.. which means unbiased and not locked in to an agenda... all sellers who truly want to make the best we can need someone like donna running around and looking and then bringing back unbiased the info she found and when she then analyzes it... that also is unbiased..

yep powersellersunite professes to be unbiased.. but their number one advertizer seems to be online auctions co...and then when one checks the auction counts they are listed just under ebay at 2 and half million.... this would be helping people looking for an alternative to ebay seeing they are 2nd to go there....donna do you think if they get money from that company that is wrong??
oh.. i mean that powersellersunite has under their own auction count lisings.. this advertizer of theirs as 2nd 2 and half million listings... this definitely would encourage people to go there... but in other listings i had seen that bidville was 2nd with nearly 1 million listings and i've seen this in several... this is the only site where i see this company with being 2nd and way above bidville in listings
Thanks for the compliments Patrick.

I have a question for YOU!
I have sent you two emails with the link to rejoin at the new digs for ASM/Auction Sellers Motivators..have you gotten them? If not, they might have gone to your spam.

Puzzling to me. If you need me to send again, let me know.

Once again, thanks for the compliments. I try to always be honest and if there is something that I do that works, I try to pass it along. Or if I find something that doesn't work, I pass that along.

Unbiased...I try to be..for myself and for others that listen to my suggestions or advice on their problems and more. I feel that I've been online selling long enough and have my ear to the ground enough to help..but who knows?

Let me know about the invites, ok?

Peace Dude!
Donna
Suthrnjewl at Suthrnjewl dot com
I never thought powersellersunite as being bias. Who cares if they have paid ads form auction sites. They offer free services and they need to pay the bills. Auction sites see it as an opportunity to reach sellers and buyers. Seems like both sides win.

I have not seen powersellersunite treat sites differently wheather they advertise or not.

Onlineauction isn't the only site in the auction site count with a banner. They might have the top spot but it doesn't mean that they are the biggest advertiser. Both Lowbid and mightybids have two banners. Mightybids is on the auction site count and so is bidville who is now owned by ubid which also has an add on powersellersunite.

The mods are volunteers and they need to make money too so I think its fine for them to promote where they are selling.

It makes business sense for an auction service forum to help people with auction services to take money from auction services otherwise that auction service forum wont' be around for long. Just as long as they don't favor sites and remind unbias whihc I think powersellersunite does rather well.
If someone really wants to understand this, just go to the psu site and read the thread about bashing OLA.. about the third page and read what stockmizer says.. then everyone will know what all this is about.. but its so surprising how nearly all posters there overlooked this uglyness of the site that was glaring right in front of their faces.. but with someone using LEGAL type of arguments like stockmizer was this then got psu to correct the chart immediately which proves he could have corrected it anytime. why correct it now? the only difference is this guy gave out some possible legal problems for the psu site for the misleading chart. and like the sd mentality the family there overlooked.
If you read psunite's responds to stockmizer which he pointed out how silly the LEGAL types of arguements where you will know that wasn't the reason PSU correct the auction count. When you read further the real reason the count was correct was because PSU found out that OLA was using the auction site count as a promotional tool. psunite said that the auction site count was for buyers and sellers not auction site owners.
I think this as the reason he gives to make the correction pretty much proves it is NOT the real reason... why?? cause every single auction site is using the chart at times to show a positive side like when a site builds and shows momentem .. saying that i'll take it down now cause a site is using the info is ridiculous... all sites use this info if it looks good!! nothing wrong in sellers .. buyers or site owners letting people know what the chart shows... the problem is the misleading info for psu's advertizer...it was not taken down UNTIL stockmizer showed psu how this false info could damage other auction sites and cause a lawsuit. psu knew all along that it was not correct but would not take it down until stockmizer laid it out strongly what could happen. and then psu saying its not intended for site owners to use and that may be the reason he brings it down is ridiculous.. again WHY?? cause all the charts are used by all the site owners when it shows good... the chart in itself is a promotional tool if a site is gaining listings... SO if he is going with what he says then he would remove all sites with real gains... cause that WILL WORK as a promotional tool... just outrageous how people will overlook the ovious!!!
oh and another proof of how this was doublespeak is this site who uses the chart as a promotional tool is guess what?? they are still on there 11th i think... so that detroys his reason completely..yep some people will overlook anything and sell their souls to the devil just to be part of a club... so he is NOT taking down this because a site uses the chart as a promotional tool... THE misleading part was taken down after stockmizer explained the potential liability of psu with this misleading part of the chart especially since it was with a big advertizer of theirs and also where psu has a banner ad on their site. which means if the auction site builds then that will help psu with more going with their banner on the auction site. having misleading info on a professed unbiased chart and the msleading info from psu's advertizer and cross linker.. anyone should know this is a BIG NO NO!!! its just outrageous how people intentionally overlook this glaring uglyness right in front of their faces..... shocking..
quote:
oh and another proof of how this was doublespeak is this site who uses the chart as a promotional tool is guess what?? they are still on there 11th i think... so that detroys his reason completely

How is that proof? OLA's biggest promotion tool was telling everyone that they where number #2 on the auction count. Peopler are going to be coming in expecting them to be #2 instead they are #11 so this actually hurts them. Who really wants to show off that they are #11?

Also the whole thing about advertisers is nonsense. Mightybids and bidville are advertisers on the site and on the auction site count and I have not seen any bias treatment towards them. You also said that the chart itself is a promotional tool. There are other advertisers on powersellersunite that aren't even on the auction count.

Sorry for everyone on this board that has to listen to the dirty laundery. I apologize This topic is about powersellersunite and it makes sense for someone to respond that actually reads the forums over there and knows whats going on.

For some reason weirdpatrick has a vendetta for powersellersunite as much as he loves wagglepop
https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1071064901/m/6661010371

weirdpatrick aka Brian1212 on the powersellersunite board has has unloaded more wagglepop propaganda there in two days then he has here in a month, talk about unbiased.
Last edited by killbill
all sellers HERE at this site NEED a real competitor to ebay to emerge as fast as possible......and all we NEED is ONE.. with two competitors the fees at both places will be as low as they could be .. even with 3 or for 4 REAL compeitors... SO we NEED just ONE.....

when us sellers look for this NEED we ALL have .. one thing we look at is the number of listings cause a real competitor will have to have a high number of listings.... so when there is a professed unbiased auction chart showing these listings... then all sellers even from here should look and compare and analyze who has the BEST chance to become this one real competitor and then when we see the one with the BEST chance we then should go there and help build it even further.... this misleading false placement of counting items when the chart clearly says LISTINGS has been going on for 6 months or so .. this auction site has the correct count that fits psu's auction chart clearly on their site along with this incorrect count of total items.. Psu picked the incorrect info and stayed with that for 6 months even after alot of heated discussions about how it how it was totally misleading.... this hurts sellers HERE cause of not knowing who has the best chance for real competition to ebay... dirty laundry here??? this guy stockmizer helped all sellers here.. not until he use real legalese arguments did psu take this harm to ALL sellers down... someone says he changed it cause of the site was using it as a promotional tool.. if one checks the thread its easy to see the moment he changed.. it was from the following post .. from a hero to all us sellers who had the wisdom and guts to go against the grain and now this misleading harmful thing to all sellers is down. donna you may want to get your lasso out.. and lasso this wise brave hero and bring him OVER!!! someone that wise and brave would help us all .. so donna go lasso him if you can...

if you read the OLA bashing thread one can see clearly when someone mentioned that auction site was using this as a advertizing tool.. when psu responded to this post he didn't respond like it was any problem didn't even mention it.... but the change in psu came directly after this stockmizer post...

and again the reason for the change is not that it was used as an advertizing tool but because it was incorrect!!! and this understanding of being incorrect has been there for 6 months.. the big difference is how stockmizers post made him see danger..

and another way to understand that.. that as the reason does not hold water....is that psu lets this site and others PROMOTE their sites thru psu...this incorrect chart count is with the biggest banner advertizer on psu's site AND in addition they both have big banner ads in a recipical manner to benefit both sites.... psu's big banner on this auction site would benefit psu itself for this online auction site to INCREASE.. more there then would see psu's banner there and this misleading count does indeed help both that site AND psu... thats why its appalling this was left up for 6 months... and bidville was indeed hurt in a misleading way.. they were 2nd in listings without this false placement ... people who go looking for the 2nd place to go went to this false site instead of the truth site listings bidville....

but here is the post that made psu change this... all sellers here should congradulate this wise and brave guy..tis has HELPED us ALL!! dirty laundry... no bringing what helped us sellers is important to all us sellers..

The problem is that you are displaying what looks like an objective ranking table based on actual statical data. Instead you have a set of numbers that are logically incomparable.

People are fairly simple when it comes to stats - you say company X is #1, company Y is #2, etc....most people think that it means that company X is "#1" based on the statistics you are using, as compared to company Y, who is #2 based on the SAME statistics. This is not only common sense, but intuitively correct.

If, however, you create a set of statistics and create a ranking based on incomparable data sets, your table is inaccurate and deceptive. Instead of providing useful information, the table misrepresents reality. It doesn't matter that "fine print" or disclaimers are used.

Legally speaking, when we analyze concepts of fraud, deception, and misrepresentation, disclaimers have very little, if any, impact. In fact, the disclaimers are often used against the offender because they clearly demonstrate that the deception was both deliberate and known to the offender.

In your case we have a ranked table being displayed publicly that admittedly misrepresents it's rankings. Further, the site that is being "beneficially misrepresented" is a client of PSU, so a direct financial relationship exists. Your only excuses for the misrepresentation are that (1) you put a lot of work into collecting the data and you'd hate to waste the effort, (2) you are not representing the chart for any particular purpose, and (3) you have a disclaimer.

Let's assume for a moment that Bidville decides to sue you for deliberately misrepresenting their rank, what could they argue? For one, they would argue that these misrepresented statistics have been used by OLA in press releases and "other advertisements" to further OLA's interests directly resulting in financial losses to Bidville. Second, they would argue that PSU conspired with their client OLA to create these misrepresentations to the financial detriment of Bidville.

Third, OLA could even be sued for Libel by stating that Bidville is #3 instead of #2 - libel law allows suit merely based on "implication". Clearly, PSU knows the ranking is a misrepresentation and PSU could financially benefit from the misrepresentation. Look up Libel and you'll see that none of your excuses would be a defense, and your disclaimer would be used against you.

If Bidville wanted to get really tough, they might also bring in the FTC to investigate PSU and OLA for deceptive advertising practices. PSU is acting as a publisher, and OLA is an advertising client. The FTC defines deceptive advertising as "a representation, omission, act or practice that is likely to mislead consumers acting reasonably under the circumstances." The PSU "chart" would be similar to a Car Magazine publishing a vehicle safety chart that ranked the magazine's biggest advertiser as having a safer car by knowingly comparing completely different data sets.

Even if the magazine had not actually directly colluded with the advertiser, if the end result misleads consumers, and the magazine directly or indirectly benefits from the deception, the magazine is exposed to liability.

IMHO...

Legally speaking, you are quite foolish to leave OLA ranked as #2. It is not "#2" in any way shape or form.

Ethically speaking, the ranking chart does deceive people - regardless of whether you think it "should" or not.

Business-wise, it makes OLA and PSU look untrustworthy. Imagine for a moment that Bidville decided to write a press release tomorrow that mentions this in some of the details I've already spelled out. How would that help PSU or OLA?

and by the way.. i see no problem with the OLA cheerleaders or anyone who is happy about their site and brags....some people can't stand people being happy and find ways to disrupt just let em all blow it out thier ears.. let em enjoy their cheerleading for their site they choose.... its just that this chart was really causing harm to all sellers..and it was so glaringly right infront of all the psu posters that it was shocking the overlooking the big fire in the house..
and leahy yeah hopefully you have reminded people who has the cards to bring em on in so we can play poker... man i can't wait to play that special kind of poker if wham sits close by... man o man my beady eyes would get a dad gum workout!!!.. but i'm not used to playing poker with RED cards??? maybe red means hot and my beady eyes will get a mother of all workouts!!!! oooh la la...!!!
Is it me or does weirdpatrick aka Brian1212 on powersellersunite sound like broken record with a record contract with wagglepop? I dont' think people really care what you have to say about the powersellersunite auction count anymore. There is no use arguing with you on this thread. Its like arguing about scientology with Tom Crusie. You ignore all my points.
You state that
quote:
this incorrect chart count is with the biggest banner advertizer on psu's site
How do you know who pays the most for advertising? Have you seen who else has the big banner on the auction site page? Mightybids do you see powersellersunite favoring them they have two banners on the site?

Face it the auction site count doesn't show onlineauction as number #2 anymore. Its a dead issue goto the next track of your broken record.
by the size and placement of online auctions banner.. compared with the other banners.... one that can be viewed the most and most easily seen is always charged the most because its seen the most....why is no one understanding this .. it is right there big at the top... side by side with the PSU name...no question the best placement for an advertizer on the site...congradulating stockmizer?? he got something taken down that was harming all YOU sellers.... DOES NO ONE UNDERSTAND THAT??? wow !!! and this guy came here and went straight to this thread and issue .. its all fine but this is not dirty laundry stuff that i'm doing... i'm showing real harm to sellers from a misleading auction chart and showing how a brave and wise guy went in and replied in the forum to JUST this... why did he reply to just this?? cause it was the important thing harming sellers at psu....if you people can't see what that stockmizer has DONE or won't see.. then that in itself speaks volumns.... but hey its up to everyone to do and think as they please....BUT it is UGLY!!! and people who has a group and trying to build the group with the wise and honest and brave if they DON"T try to bring that stockmizer into the group.. then don't just don't understand what is good and bad.. true and false and the group will not do as well as it could have...

these pressures ARE TESTS... tests of who people ARE !!! the responses will show people who people are... and some people will indeed overlook harm and truth just to belong to a forum family and then this ROBS their REAL family and community... this stockmizer went in psu and posted twice.... NOT wasting his real life families time trying to be part of a family.. he saw the most important issue and placed 2 correct and true and thorough posts ..

again with the big banner placed at the top with psu it would be illogical to think the others placed lower and harder to see and smaller would be the biggest advertizer... AND we also know that psu has a big banner on online auctions site not seen one on mighty bids or lowbid... so cleary by ANY type of logic one would conclude their main advertizer is indeed online auctions the one they had the misleading chart on... and psu's banner on JUST their site would beneifit from the increase that this misleading chart DOES GIVE....yes there is alot of uglyness when people deals with internet forums... SD was very similar to psu .. the people look the other way the same way cause of a family...

sellers... do ya'll want to know who helps you??? i have just told you... stockmizer has helped YOU.... if people or sellers start looking the other way cause it may be against a family feeling then this help from these may stop coming and what then??? people need to take a course in internet forums 101 and see how many normal people become dumb cause they feel a family feeling and do not want to look at ANYTHING that may be negative on the family... but when one does this their life just keeps getting worse cause ignoring harm brings more harm...

all these are pressure tests and only thru pressure tests can one know people REALLY... these tests show pretty much everything.... one day there will be a service that brings out a giant family type forum in order to FISH out who people really are in the fastest time!!! and many colleges will use these forums to teach psychology courses.... these forums WILL jump start progress in learning and knowing human behavior..

many of the best con artists they know how to bring people into THEIR con by first showing truth and help... maybe in 9 things they will do absolutely correct and then people will tend to overlook the 10th thing they do wrong...... politics does this well also....

it will be a big loss for you sellers if you don't congradulate that stockmizer and if you have a group bring him in....

now back to playing poker with i guess those red cards... and wham sitting and playing too.... man o man after looking at wham on her site full moon intimates.... i went crazy!!! i changed into a dad gum were wolf....

leahy are you brining in the poker red cards for us to play in the lounge here?? and i want to eat some more chow time hamburgers on hwy 41..

and stockmizer whoever you are or where ever you are.. i for one have saluted you for your valuable and brave help!!! and no he is not connected to me in any way... i do not know him except from those 2 posts.... but that spoke volumns if one knows what clues MEAN!!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.