Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Community,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are encountering. A technical issue did arise yesterday which is causing the images chosen in the Auctiva Image Selection section not to show up within the template previews that are generated from within the "Select Template" interface not to show up and we hope to have that issue resolved soon.

We have found that these images will show up if you toggle between some of the options in the “Grouping” and “Alignment” drop down menus on the Template Layout page though, so you may want to give that a try in the mean time.

Even though your images may not show up in the template previews that show up within the “Select Template” interface, you should still be able to see how your images will appear within the templates you have selected by viewing the full previews of your listings by clicking the blue “Preview” button at the bottom of the lister page or the similar button on your Saved Listings page.

If you are still unable to see your images when you click the blue “Preview” button at the bottom of the lister page, please file a support case from under the “Help” tab within your account and we will look into that further for you.

-Mike
We really need this issue fixed. We do not need another work around that puts this on us to deal with.
We need to be able to see our pictures in the templates to be able to decide if that is the template we want to use.

We should not have to go all the way down to preview, look at it in another window, close that window go back to the select a template and choose another layout or template.....as a resolution to this issue.
This was not an issue before the update...so the issue is within the update and that is where it needs to be addressed and fixed.

Updates should be tested prior to implementing them. Then if there is a problem we are not working around it and it is fixed before before it is an issue for everyone else.
Hi Marlene,

Yes, we are currently working to resolve this issue. As I mentioned in my previous response, we hope to have the issue resolved soon, but I am not quite sure whether we will be able to address the issue prior to the upcoming weekend at this point.

I will be happy to let you (and any others who may be watching this thread) know when the issue has been addressed or any other important information becomes available though. We apologize for any inconveniences this issue is causing.

-Mike
You are not sure whether you will be able to address this issue prior to the weekend?? (Your words.)
So then you have NOT really begun working on or fixing this issue??

You just basically contradicted yourself.

Is this issue being addressed NOW or not?? You just said it was NOT and you didn't know if it would be addressed prior to the weekend??

Why is this being put off??

Is this an issue with a 3rd party app that "your" techs don't have the ability to fix??

Can we please please please get an ACTUAL answer that doesn't involve double talk and that includes an ACTUAL time frame when this will be fixed???
Last edited by trinkets
Mike...this is absurd....as I have previously mentioned, time is MONEY!!! As sellers we simply can not afford MORE and MORE go arounds.

At this point even with my lists of which browsers to use for what and other go arounds, I can't even keep up with this list.

This is craziness that we have to do yet another go around through a weekend.

Auctiva staff goes away for a nice, fun weekend while we suffer through YOUR glitches on another UPDATE or NEW items you introduced. NONE of the items on the list are relevant to general listing which applies to ALL of your customers not just a select few.

Please, please, please...we have asked many times for things to be FIXED, NOT new introductions of things that are rolled out without thorough checking. We are not your test market for items. New items should be checked BEFORE they are taken live. As in the past this has been a problem and caused quite the riot on forums. (but again, we continue to ask for go arounds to be FIXED not added to?)

It does appear that double talk is going on here....

Do you know what issue even is? Is is being worked on RIGHT NOW at present??? IF NOT WHY NOT? IF so, why do we need to suffer thorough weekend with another issue.

Also, please address the MANY, other issues we have asked for updates on recently. If you need a list I will be happy to coordinate one.

Thanks for a prompt response, so we can plan our lives! As when you are a seller listing is your life.
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Hi Community,

We have just released an update to our site intended to resolve this issue, so you should now be able to see any images you have selected for your listings within the previews which are available during the template selection process.

If you notice any remaining issues of this nature, please don't hesitate to let us know by filing a support case from under the “Help” tab within your account. Thanks again for helping to bring this issue to our attention.

-Mike
Hi trinkets,

I'm sorry to hear you encountered this error when attempting to select a template. Can you please try clearing your browser cache, restarting your browser and then attempting to select a template for this listing once more?

I suspect this error may be due to a conflict between the new code that was introduced and something that had been cached by your browser, but I cannot be completely certain based on the error code.

-Mike
A scripted response based on something you "suspect" ????

Well you suspect wrong. This is not a cookies or cache issue and as I have stated countless times I don't post issues that are resolved by clearing cookies or caches.

Seems this issue is also effecting many others and it is NOT a cookies or cache issue with them either.

So this update has now made things worse....and is again costing me time and money. It is also messing up other parts of the listings. Can't list anything like this.

Why wasn't this update tested prior to it's release?????

Once again you cannot make updates without fixing the original problems first or you just create more problems....just like has happened here once again.
Last edited by trinkets
Hi trinkets,

Thanks for letting us know that you continued to receive the same error messages after clearing your cache. We have since located and resolved an issue which we believe was causing those errors so I expect that you will be able to select templates successfully once again at this time.

Any further developments with respect to this issue will be posted on the following thread in the Templates and Custom Templates section of our forum: https://community.auctiva.com/e...687075136#9687075136

We apologize for any inconveniences this issue may have caused.

-Mike
Mike my cache was cleared PRIOR/BEFORE to even posting originally. The second post I had to make explain that once again was nothing but a waste of more time.

And if you located and resolved the issue "now" then you are also then very much aware it was NOT a cookies or cache issue to begin with...it is also not fixed.

That is why guessing and giving scripted responses doesn't work.

UGH !!!!!!
This is a HUGE reason people get so angry.
Last edited by trinkets

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.