Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I see that other members were having the same problem that I was having yesterday. But is anybody having the same problem today? I keep getting a server problem error. What makes me mad is that I listed the and sent/posted the auction to eBay and it said that it was listed successfully, but still no auction over at eBay. I guess it is just floating out there in cyber-space somewhere Eek. I hope eBay doesn't charge me for it and then it never goes on. Anybody else having same problem today?
I think Auctiva had the potential to be a fantastic alternative to listing directly with EBay. The ability to host and post additional pics without paying the additional per/pic charge was and is very attractive. However, the bugs within Auctiva makes it unreliable and extremely frustrating to use for creating and posting my listings. I still use Auctiva for image hosting and I like the templates but I use Turbo Lister 2 to create and post listings. I upload my images to Auctiva and simply cut and paste the image url into Turbo Lister.
It's not the best of all worlds by any stretch as Turbo Lister is not without it's faults. It will crash occasionally as well, but not nearly as often as Auctiva and with Turbo Lister being a stand-alone software that actually resides on your computer, you don't run into the timing out issue that Auctiva seems to be famous for.
I've looked at a couple of other options, one of which was kAuctions. But the software crashed the second time I used it. Initially the designer was helpful, but when the software crashed, I emailed him TWICE and still have not received a reply.
There are many out there, but I've not had the time nor the patience to deal with them. If you do a search on EBay for auction software you'll see there are quite a few.
If anyone else has used other software and found it to be the answer to the novice user, I'd appreciate the direction.
Thanks,
Lillian
I Keep Having the Same Problems as Well.
Its becoming a real drag, typing my descriptions, up loading pics that may or may not upload due to "error problems"
We all invest alot of Time listing our auctions. Auctiva is a big Money Saver for us but..I would like to see this site do a better job getting rid of the bugs.
December was a nightmare for me listing on Auctiva.
2-3 weeks with "error problems"
Hi silverstar,

Assuming you are using Internet Explorer 7.0, please make the following adjustments within your browser settings:

1) Clear your cache: Select "Internet Options" from the "Tools" menu, followed by the "Delete" button under "Browisng History". Then, on the ensuing page, click the "Delete Files" and "Delete Cookies" buttons. Please ensure that only one browser window is open when you are doing this or your cache may not empty properly.

2) Restore your Advanced Settings: Select "Internet Options" from the "Tools" menu and click the "Advanced" tab. Then, click the "Restore Advanced Settings" button, followed by "Apply" then "OK"

Once you have completed these tasks, close your Internet Explorer 7.0 browser and re-oen it. The setting adjustments will then hav taken effect.

If you would like to receive instructions for a different web browser, please file a support request using the appropriate link on our help page:

http://www.auctiva.com/free_auction_software_help/help.aspx

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.