Skip to main content

Hi,
Wanted to check to see if anyone else is having problems. First time I have had any issue with uploading files no matter the size.
My smaller files upload with out issue. But the larger ones I keep getting failed.
I even tried changing the image to smaller jpg, still doesn't help.
I had no problem with same files prior to today, did something change?

Amy
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I am using Picasa2 for my editing of all my photos BEFORE uploading them to Auctiva. It is some extra steps, but I enjoy more quality in the way of photographs. I also have to 'export' the photos to a different file within auctiva so that they are modified to just FLY up to auctiva. I use to be only able to upload small batches, now because the sizes have been significantly reduced, I can UPLOAD 40 or more pictures at one time.

My waiting time is then for Auctiva to respond. That can take minutes but not nearly as long as it would have taken.

I use Windows 2000, Firefox, and Picasa2 (available as a FREE download) with Auctiva.

I am not having problems at this time with uploading images Big Grin

It seems between updating Windows, Firefox, Auctiva and Java, there are bound to be conflicts... Currently my applications are all playing well together...
We are having alot of problems today and we thought it was due to us having dial up so guess its not fixed as of yet???

It is so bad; we are just going to hassle with downloading from ebay direct except we need to add some multiple pictures.

Are they as bad as paypal and ebay on the time it takes to fix things??? We are new here.

Thanks,
HI JM FAY with using dial up it will take longer to upload images. Make sure your images are under 1024 resolution or it takes a lot longer too load as Auctiva downsizes them and then loads them.Auctiva is much better than eBay or PayPal with getting things fixed.I am having no problem uploading pictures. If you are using AOL it will give you fits! If so open Internet explorer and upload from there and you should see a bit better results.
Steve
HI Steve:

Not using AOL. The pictures are under 1024; we think anywho. They are the usual size in my pictures on our pc.

The first one loaded slow but the last ones we cant even load. Not sure if we should go to the library and take a CD with our photos on them with us and use thier high speed or what.

We also thought of not loading the pictures and just doing it from ebay but that defeats the ability to load up extra photos. We are pretty fed up with the wait to load one photo with Auctiva though but then we think of all the problems with have with loading one photo with ebay and its like 6 of one; 6 of another and you want to scream!!!

JM
We have Totalspeed and its 8.95 for dial up and if we went to DSL; we would still stay with them since they have been good to us over the years. They are also local and if there are problems we can call them up and if we have to take our computer over to them. Cant beat that and this is Metro Denver by the way. no contracts either!!!

Do we have the ability to switch auctiva photos after we have posted the listing? We didnt get clear photos and we are wondering how we can fix that.
2 ways you can do this either add more photos or replace them I am posting the info here from the help page.
quote:

▼How do I add images to an active listing?

1. Log into your Auctiva account
2. Click on the "Listings" tab
3. Click on the "Active Listings" link
4. Check the box next to the listing you would like to add images to
5. Click the blue "Add Images" button

▼How do I replace an image in an active listing?

1. Locate the listing in your Saved Listings folder and click on its title to open it in the one-page lister.
2. Scroll to the Image section.
3. If you would like to take a few pictures out, click the Remove link under each picture you would like to remove from the listing.
4. If you would like to replace all the pictures or add pictures to the listing, click on any image to bring up the image selector pop-up window. To replace all the pictures, click the blue Reset button at the top of the pop-up. Then, click on the pictures you would like to appear in the listing. You should see numbers appear on each picture to tell you the order in which the pictures will appear on your listing. To add additional pictures to the listing, simply click on them. You should see numbers appear on each new picture indicating they are being added to the images that are already there.
5. When your image changes are complete, scroll to the bottom and click the Save button.
6. Return to the Saved Listings page and check the box next to your updated listing.
7. Click the HTML link on the right and copy the HTML in the popup box.
8. Locate the item on eBay and click the "Revise Item" button.
9. Click "Edit Description" then click the "Enter your own HTML" tab.
10. Paste the copied HTML in place of what's there and save your changes.

With the second way be sure to eliminate all the previous HTML before pasting the new or you will end up with the same information appearing twice in your description.
Steve

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.