Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:
Hi Community,

Thanks for posting to let us know many of you are still experiencing this problem. I have reported that this problem is still ongoing for many users to our technical team and I will post again to this thread as soon as I have additional information on this issue to share.

-Mike

Mike-
Thanks for taking the time to communicate with us. I, for one, appreciate it.

I've cleared my cookies & cache, but that only worked once. So whatever you and your team can come up with next would be most appreciated. I enjoy using your free service and would like to continue to.

Thank you,
~Kyle
quote:
Originally posted by SNL INDUSTRY:
What a mess! Who cares how the site looks. It doesn't work. I'm having multiple issues.
1. No saved descriptions showing.
2. Save, Post, Schedule tabs not working.
3. Changes in details profiles not being saved. This has been on goinfg on for weeks.
4. Combined and promotional shipping choices not being saved. This has been going on for over a month!
5. Live Chat unavailble for 2 weeks.

Bottom line is no listings today! And of course I blocked today specifically for listings.

Ever get the feeling that Ebay is making sure that Auctiva can't keep up with these changes so you are forced to use them for listings and pay the schedule and template fees. Greed-bay just will not quit! I am always being hounded by Ebay solicitors who are pushing Vendio, Channel Advisor, Kyozou etc as services. They never recommend Auctiva. Seems to me they are trying to eliminate them. I have stuck by Auctiva for over a year but the frequency of issus is becoming just that: frequent.
Extremely frustrated and losing money by the second...
SNL Industhttps://community.auctiva.com/groupee_common/platform_images/blank.gifry

SNL .. I was ABLE to LIST via saved page .. I clicked on POST or LIST (forgetSmile and said 'posting to eBay' after it asked 'is this right?' .. Then I went in via eBay to REVISE that way .. KNOW you can use the LARGE ? next to HTML (that does NOTHING for me) to see your text and change there . but cannot see any buttons .. just HUGE page with text .. IF you have listings ready . might try that . good Luck!... I was able to LIST the one I had ..

AND . this is weird .. why should ALL Look JUST fine with an old auction from MARCH? .. No problem seeing it as it used to be or adding photos? ..

Good luck ALL!
I thought it might be a Firefox-based situation (Auctiva won't respond to this inquiry), so I was happy to see your solution. Unfortunately, now I can't even TYPE anything because neither method of typing a description (HTML, or other) is working. Also I figured at least I could save the title, category, etc., but the SAVE button won't work.
Thanks everybody..
I have found a few work arounds to keep the day going.
1. use full size editor to get description - edit description
2. use "preview" to bring up the "save as" tab
3. hit "save as"
4. back out to "saved listings" and post or schedule from there. seems to be working.
Whew! Didn't think i was that Auctiva savvy!

so Auctiva.. give me a job!
I wanted to let everyone know I have discovered a simple workaround for the disappearing description frame when opening a saved listing in Firefox.

1.Open the listing and wait for the description section to disappear.
2. Right click between the gray and orange thin borders on the sides and select 'View Background Image'.
3. Click the back button.

You should now be able to edit the description.
I hope if not already done, these problems will be fixed soon. Things NOT working right that I have seen so far:
The description section in saved listings does not load - sometimes it will load if you refresh the page numerous times and wait a couple minutes..or if you exit the saved listing and go back into it again.
Changes made to pictures in a listing do not save right. If you edit your pictures in a listing and hit save to save the changes you just made, if you go back into the listing, the pictures are all messed up and include ones you deleted and deleted ones that you saved. This is very annoying.
Hi Community,

Update - It has also been brought to our attention that the issue described in this thread is also causing users to be unable to select images from the Auctiva images selector and the Post, Save, and Schedule buttons to be greyed out in certain cases. There behaviors all appear to be related to the same underlying problem, so they should all be resolved at the same time.

While our technical team is still working to get this issue resolved as soon as possible, we still haven't been able to come up with a workable solution to this problem, so there is a chance we may not be able to get this resolved today.

I will post further updates on this situation to this thread as additional information becomes available. If we will not be able to get a fix for this issue out today, I will let you all know before I leave for the day.

-Mike
Well....it seems to be something every single day and it is getting VERY, VERY old. A while ago when there were some problems...no images showing on eBay, I was on this chat, telling the angry people to be patient, Auctiva is great and they are diligent and will fix it asap. I am changing my mind. I can't take it anymore. Every day I am getting further and further behind with my listing.How long are we supposed to do this??? I know. Forever. It's free and Auctiva knows that they have us forever unless we want to pay eBay fees. I guess you get what you pay for, huh?
Barb
I too was told to use IE. I don't like IE at all, but I tried it and it still didn't work for me either.

The only way I can mine to work is to clear all private data, close Firefox, open Firefox back up, login to Auctiva....and then it will work. But that is too time consuming for me. I have a lot of items to list.

Hopefully tomorrow it will work.
Hi Community,

Update - We just pushed out a fix for the issue that has been causing some users to be unable to upload images and we have reason to believe that may fix the issue with the editor that has been discussed on this thread as well. You will need to clear your cache to make sure that your browser loads the new code on the lister page.

If you clear your cache and continue to experience the problem with the description editor, please let us know by replying to this thread. Thanks!

-Mike
Hi Community,

Update - We have heard back from a few users and unfortunately it appears that this problem is still occurring for some. Our technical team is going to continue working on a solution to this problem and we will have it resolved as soon as possible. I will post further updates on this issue to this thread as additional information becomes available.

At this point, it seems unlikely that we are going to be able to get something in place to resolve this issue tonight, so you may not hear from me until tomorrow. Thanks for understanding.

-Mike
Mike, THANK YOU, I appreciate you keeping us ALL INFORMED.. I used to be like everyone else here..
When the Site experiences problems we all go Bezerk!!
But, i have come to realize the site is FREE and im not PAYING for this WONDERFUL FREE LISTING SITE.. and that helps me realize things will work out.
The site has been running Great the last year and all.

But, im haveing the same issues that evertone else is too. I have cleared the cache and i am using FF 3.0 Will hopefully be able to go by Sunday ..
Cheers, CS
Hi Community,

Update - We just pushed out a fix for the issue that we hope will address the problem being discussed in this thread. You will need to clear your cache to make sure that your browser loads the new code on the lister page.

If you clear your cache and continue to experience the problem with the description editor, please let us know by replying to this thread. I'll check this thread again tomorrow morning and, if we find this fix didn't do the trick either, our technical team will resume working on a resolution for this issue.

Thanks again!

-Mike
Last edited by auctivamiked
Mike,

As of 5:30 EDT the same problem exists. I checked my scheduled listings and there was no description, but if I cleared the cache and cookies the description appeared. I can only hope it is really there when this kicks off Sunday night. For those listing, the work around is to clear the cache before EACH listing. Takes only a couple of seconds longer than usual, and this new online lister seems to be slower than it was before. Naturally it helps to keep a subscription to Mr Poster, as I do. It's insurance for times like this. Mr P is a great piece of software!
Already saved listings seem to be OK as long as you don't even touch them. However if you make any revisions of any kind, then the description is still disappearing.

Yesterday you could right click and do the show background image and then hit the back button. Today the "background image" selection is greyed out and cannot be selected.

And the pages also seem to be doing a lot of dancing and jumping around which makes you wonder if what you are seeing is really what would be posted to Ebay.
I agree with allabouthorses, I don't know what will be listed with ebay. I am sure that if things don't load properly, the Auctiva Community will be blasting Auctiva by Monday. What always troubles me on Auctiva changes is the way the changes were tested/not tested. I absolutely cannot believe that these problems would not show up in beta testing. Then again, the user community has no way of knowing IF the changes were tested before moving to production. I know we should not knock something that is free, but every listing that lists wrong costs a minimum of 40 cents on ebay. Multiply that out and this is no longer free.
10AM Eastern Time and still problems, report them to tech support and they refered me to this forum.
Already saved listings are ok as long as you don't have to make changes, if you do the description still dissapears AND the Post, Schedule and other buttons are not working.
You can not update any scheduled listing at this point
Even when you try to do a new listing you can not do any of this.
Please advise when fixed. This is causing hours of extra work.
Hi; I cleared my cache and cookies. my description page is working now. However the Post, Schedule, and Save tabs are still greyed out, therefore I cannot list. I have found a way to get around this but it is time consuming.
Click on an item in saved listings
click on the save as new for that item
return to the saved listings tab and click ok in the pop up box
click on the new saved listing you can edit and and add new photos
save as new again
go back to the saved listing tab and click ok in the pop up box
click the schedule box and schedule your listing
I hope this helps others
I also hope this is fixed soon as I have been very successful here. thank you support team
Still issues, but my already scheduled items are working fine. I decided rather than waste any more time I am just going to list straight through ebay and pay the extra $$ (mine is about 1.40 per) - time is money (as they say) and instead of waiting I am just moving on.

I know they will get it fixed sooner or later, probably by Monday.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.