Skip to main content

Looks like Auctiva just rolled out a new editor for all item descriptions.

I am just started to work with it and it is already giving me a major headache. As opposed to the way it worked until now, every text I copy from another source including even from notepad is defaulted to black only in the smallest font possible, even when I am replacing a different font or color.

Anybody having issues? any way to opt out of this "improvement"?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have been on Auctiva for over 10 years - and on these forums under a different name. This is not the first time that they have fooled with the editor. The last time they did this they literally wiped out every saved of mine by ignoring my html and changing everything within my description to be white text in a white box. Useless. I had to redo every single listing. They do not test against what people have saved in their listings. They did (and may still) contract out part of their programming. The last time they did major changes, the editor had been coded by some third party developer
Hello All -

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been experiencing with the newer version of the description editor. Please be aware that this change was introduced for a few reasons - primarily because the older version of the editor had become a security risk and it was also failing to operate entirely on some contemporary browser and operating system configurations.

Please be aware that the Red Line you have encountered is a formatting tool inherent in the editor that makes it easier to place cursor and add content near some problematic document elements like, for example, images, tables or <div> elements that start or end a document, lists, or even adjacent horizontal lines. It may not show on some listings you work on depending on the formatting of the specific listing and the corresponding HTML for it.

If you have experienced any difficulty with your prior saved listings formatting being different when brought up in the new editor, we would need to look into that on a case by case basis as this would not be a typical experience as a result of this change. In that case, I encourage you to file a support case from under the Help tab of the site letting us know exactly what you have encountered and provide us with the titles of a few listings where you have not yet made adjustments to correct such issues so we can look into it for you.

- Craig
quote:
Originally posted by bluebirds15:
As opposed to the way it worked until now, every text I copy from another source including even from notepad is defaulted to black only in the smallest font possible, even when I am replacing a different font or color.

Auctiva Craig, how do we address this default setting that makes copied text small font? Is that something that only can be changed at Auctiva's end or can users change it? It's an unwelcome annoyance that slows down the listing process.
We are having the same problem, we have hundreds of artists' biographies on auctiva, which we copy and paste onto new listings and just vary the first paragraph. We used to use the 'Select All' tool to change the colour of the entire new listing to whichever colour best suits the painting. There is no such tool on the new lister, as far as we can tell and no way to change the colour of the pasted text.

If anyone can assist we would be most grateful.
quote:
Originally posted by ed neff:
instead of copy and paste why not click "Create Similar" - the folder icon with the green plus sign on it. its in the group of 4 icons on the afr right of each listing in the Svaed Listing

At least in my case, it's a copy & paste of the title line into the item description itself. I'm using a profile or template and the result is the small font size instead of what used to be same font size as where it was being pasted into the item description. I create 100-200 listings a week. A few seconds saved or added on to my listing process adds up fast.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.