Skip to main content

I promise everyone, Im getting the hang of this, but have another question.

In the listing page, it says
"PayPal notification will go to:"

In the flash tutorial, it shows the teacher entering a username that ISNT an email address. But when I log into Paypal, my user name is my email address. So when I create an auction, do I put my whole email address in this blank - or just the first part of it (minus the "@gmail.com")

thanks a million!!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi neciebez,

Thanks for contributing to our Community Forum. If eBay has rejected a listing you have tried to post due to API errors indicating that there is an email address in the listing, it is most likely that there is an email address in the description editor or the seller details profile selected for the listing.

You are still permitted to enter your Paypal email address in the "Paypal notification will go to" field because that determines where your payments will go, but eBay no longer allows sellers to include email addresses within the descriptions of listings.

If you are able to find an email address within the description or seller details profile associated with the listing, I believe you will be able to post the listing successfully once you have removed that email address.

I hope this helps. If you are unable to locate an email address either of these places that would explain the error, please feel free to contact our customer support team by mousing over the "Help" tab within your account and selecting the "File Support Case" option.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.