Skip to main content

Perhaps you fellow users know of a way around this issue. Auctiva customer service has been so inept at addressing it and agents I chat with are not even aware of it. Ever since they implemented the UPC feature on Auctiva, it has been an utter nightmare when trying to relist. What happens is closed listings do not retain the checked UPC "Does Not Apply" feature and trying to bulk list like before will not work because of the errors. The only way to tackle it would be to check again the feature on every listing, which would beat the point of Auctiva. So for now, I've made the simple relists from eBay itself while awaiting a resolution from the technical team. A month ago, I had the same issue, emailed numerously back and forth to get the message across, and finally a rep suggested that I move the "closed listings" into "saved listings" by importing and the bulk relisting from there. Today I find out that this method did not solve anything. If you've had the same issue or have a solution, please share. If not, it looks like I'll be switching to other tool services. Thank you.

Naji
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello nkerio -

I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulty with relists.

We have done some testing and have not been able to reproduce an issue with UPC data dropping on a relist to eBay when the posting listing contained "Does Not Apply" initially, so it is unclear what may be occurring for you. We do have an issue at this point where the UPC value from a closed listing is not importing properly into Saved Listings when the Import tool is used, however the relists have been posting to eBay with the UPC data, including "Does Not Apply" correctly.

Please also keep in mind that previously eBay did not require this information, so if you are working with older saved listings in your account, there may be instances of older listings where, at the time of creation, the UPC data was not required, but if you were to post to the same category at this point in time, it would be required - so those saved listings would need to have the appropriate UPC information.

If you continue to experience difficulty with your relists, please feel free to file another case or continue with your existing support case letting us know the steps you are taking when relisting and the titles of a few items that have encountered the difficulty you have described so we can look into it further.

- Craig
Hi Craig,

"however the relists have been posting to eBay with the UPC data, including "Does Not Apply" correctly."

If by that you mean that I can relist from "closed listings" directly without experiencing this missed UPC feature issue, then you're wrong. I actually tried that in the first place last month and I had reverted this month to saving them first, according to a rep's suggestion. Both methods did not work, so I'm not sure what you are referring to.

That's not the case, the relists were attempted from listings already completed on that feature. What makes my experience with Auctiva especially frustrating is that you folks either cannot acknowledge or cannot detect the issue on your end. That would solidify the notion that you won't be working on a solution. I respect that fact that you replied, Craig, but I really cannot reconcile with your tests and conclusions. You previously replied to a post where you were wrong as well, so I really don't know what's going on. Those errors are being left unsolved and I'll have to look for another feasible solution.
Hello nkerio -

Unfortunately, as I have stated, we have not been able to reproduce an issue with Bulk Relisting from the Closed Listings page of accounts for items that have "Does Not Apply" selected for the UPC area where that information is not included in the relist. However, this is not refuting that you may have or may be experiencing this - which is why more information was requested.

In order for us to be able to look further into this issue, we would need more specific information - so I suggested a support case so we could discuss potentially account specific information with you. I can only suggest that you file a case that includes the steps you are taking up to the point where you encounter this and let us know a few instances where it has occurred so we can take a look into this. Please also include your browser and operating system information in the case which will assist us in testing the issue further.

- Craig
I post quite a few items sometimes daily and I have not had an issue with those details vanishing. However I don't work from the closed listing file and don't actually use the re-list feature. I just re-post my items from the saved listing files. If I'm eligible for any re-list fee credits from ebay I lose those but most of my inventory has been posted several times already.

I generally post for 30 day or GTC and keep track of whats active by using the last posted date.
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Craig:
Hello nkerio -

Unfortunately, as I have stated, we have not been able to reproduce an issue with Bulk Relisting from the Closed Listings page of accounts for items that have "Does Not Apply" selected for the UPC area where that information is not included in the relist. However, this is not refuting that you may have or may be experiencing this - which is why more information was requested.

In order for us to be able to look further into this issue, we would need more specific information - so I suggested a support case so we could discuss potentially account specific information with you. I can only suggest that you file a case that includes the steps you are taking up to the point where you encounter this and let us know a few instances where it has occurred so we can take a look into this. Please also include your browser and operating system information in the case which will assist us in testing the issue further.

- Craig

It was actually filed, and the issue escalated, on Wednesday if I remember correctly, and no one bothered to reply just yet. This was already addressed to customer service on Chat, and last month a ticket was opened for a similar issue (same problem except when bulk relisting straight from closed). I just added an inquiry here to see if users would perhaps have better insight. I might have to try a free trial with Inkfrog or others, and if they don't have those issues, then I'll have to switch. I appreciate your courtesy Craig, but until I get a fix for this problem I'm still a very unsatisfied customer.
quote:
Originally posted by Larry:
I post quite a few items sometimes daily and I have not had an issue with those details vanishing. However I don't work from the closed listing file and don't actually use the re-list feature. I just re-post my items from the saved listing files. If I'm eligible for any re-list fee credits from ebay I lose those but most of my inventory has been posted several times already.

I generally post for 30 day or GTC and keep track of whats active by using the last posted date.

I see. For me, working from "Closed Listings" is kind of a big deal.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.