Skip to main content

I've been getting notes from Auctiva telling me that my listings will be rejected in future if I don't declare my returns policy. Can anyone tell me where I can set this on Auctiva?

Thanx

michael ...
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have a returns policy and have changed it to allow for purchases to be cancelled within 14 days of receipt, as required by eBay.

So I now have 14 days in the Checkout options on the listings page

But I am still getting the warning notes and don't know what Auctiva/eBay want me to do. What boxes should I fill in and where?
Hi, got a reply back.

Sorry to hear that you are encountering this issue with the checkout profile. We are aware of this issue and our engineers are investigating this issue. I believe that you can however go into the saved listing for the item and switch the return policy to 14 and it will save with that. You just can't get the profiles to. I will let you know what they find out.

However, I've now come to realise that it only does this in Firefox browser which I use for for Auctiva as it seems less clunky. In IE6 the setting to 14 days remains stable in both the Checkout Profile and in the saved listing. I haven't as yet upoaded a listing with IE6 to check the returns policy shows ok in a listing. So possibly a browser issue?

Is anyone else affected using Firefox?
i have been watching this post with intrest as i have had the same problem, i use IE6 and have 2 ebay accounts one I have no problems with the other one every listing has the return policy error. so that wipes out the firefox issue, i have also contacted Auctiva and got this reply on 26th Oct.

Thanks for contacting us regarding this matter. Our technical team is aware of the issue that is causing these warnings to be generated and we are working on preventing them from showing up in user’s accounts. The warning just describes a new method to submit return policy information to eBay through the API and we’ll have a solution in place by the time that change is implemented.

In the interim, please feel free to ignore these API warnings. Your listings will still post successfully with your return policy intact even if that warning is returned with respect to them.

Still waiting for the fix!!!
Thanks for your work on this, Dave. And Suzie for adding to the information. I use Firefox, mainly because IE6 is like most things Microsoft construct ... a matchstick and an elastic band to create a wind turbine. While Firefox works as a browser should. The fact that the world and her husband is geared to microcough is, IMO, regrettable. I guess it's a matter of waiting, suffering the droves of API messages, and hoping Auctiva can find a solution.

Best to you

michael ...
Hi, just noticed something. The Returns Policy does not show in my listings but today i went to revise a couple of listings to add International Visibilty. guess what, my returns Policy is showing during the revising process. After fully revising the listing the Returns Policy is now showing on the Ebay listing.

Only my written words, nothing there about number of days and also number of days wasn't an option in the revise listing process.

So the policy is being uploaded to Ebay with the listing but for some reason it is there but not showing until one does an unrelated revision to the listing.
what a pain i have just listed new items and am still getting the error for returns i would have thought it would have been sorted by now, i just wonder what is going to happen in the new year when ebay enforce the returns policy, even though i like autiva i might have to give turbo lister another go, (the problems i have had with turbo lister is enless)
never mind i think i will email the support team later and try to find out whats happening.
I too, am thinking of going back to listing through Ebay. Things move very slowly at Auctiva, and continual little gliches make it frustrating. The kind of software they offer 'free' is 'freely' available on the internet to anyone who cares to look. Just takes a bit of work in the beginning.

Get it together, Auctiva. With Ebay in the throws of change and, I'd argue, an impending drop in their turnover and stranglehold on the internet auction business, now is the time you guys should be forging your own path. Customer service and usabilty is the key.

michael ...
At least the support team are on the ball got a return mesage:

Thanks for contacting us regarding this matter. Our technical team is aware of the issue that is causing these warnings to be generated and we are working on preventing them from showing up in user’s accounts. The warning just describes a new method to submit return policy information to eBay through the API and we’ll have a solution in place by the time that change is implemented.

In the interim, please feel free to ignore these API warnings. Your listings will still post successfully with your return policy intact even if that warning is returned with respect to them.

still does'nt help the with the annoying warnings that keep coming and i wonder if it will be sorted in time!!!!!
Michael, It's a "standard reply" just like you said--I'm sure there's hundreds of users who get the same one when they file a support request about the error messages, so I doubt if Suzie copy and pasted it just to prove a point. Wink

I don't know why everyone just doesn't ignore the warnings anyway--they already explained why they are coming up and that they are working to remove them.

Here's the funny thing--if Auctiva didn't warn users about the return policy that eBay will soon be enforcing (which was supposed to be enforced beginning in October, so Auctiva WAS giving users the heads-up with the warnings), people would get on these boards saying "why didn't Auctiva WARN US about this return policy rule?!?"

I doubt that they can just flip a switch and turn off the warnings--they have to rewrite code and update the entire site just to do that one little thing.
Reba

I wasn't suggesting Suzie copied and pasted it. I was suggesting AUCTIVA copied and pasted it when they replied to her.

I agree it's positive Auctiva prepared warnings in advance. That's all part of their raison detre. If they weren't doinf that, they wouldn't be fulfilling the minimum requirements of an Ebay development organisation.

If they have to update the entire site simply to correct a small error then I'd say they have a problem. Rewriting a little code in the listing area ... sure!

The interface with Ebay generally runs pretty smoothly. But when an organisation talks about 'stand alone' integrated user websites (meaning outside Ebay), it has plans for the future that include diversification. If that's the case then small glitches like this shouldn't be a 2 week job.

I'm here because I see in Auctiva a potential vehicle in which to expand beyond Ebay while that organisation alienates a good percentage of its sellers through its moves toward Amazonisation of its business. What I'm not yet seeing here is the kind of spark required for them to take that journey successfully.

Best wishes

michael ...
Thanks for the clarification Michael.

I believe that Auctiva already has their hands full with trying to keep up with all of eBay's changes (maxium shipping charges, paperless payments, feature fees, 30-day fixed format, etc....) Keeping the site fuctional amidst all the changes is probably more of a priority than removing an annoying error message.

BTW, Have you signed up for the Beta test of their e-commerce site yet?
Cocolapew

Ebay will require everyone to specifically state their returns policy from (early?) in the new year.

Reba

I think we've done on this subject. Let's call it a difference of opinion regarding priorities and resources. No, I haven't signed up for beta commerce. I've found from past experience it can be a bit like playing lab rat to someone's new drug. The side affects can be debilitating. Better to let the enthusiasts do these things. They tend to complain less Wink .

BTW ... are you part of the Auctiva team or simply very enthusiastic about this piece of cyber real estate?

michael ...

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.