Skip to main content

I AM NEW - in free trial period. I quickly figured out how to create NEW Listing. Have spent 7 hours trying to figure out how to take the EBay listings imported to Auctiva Active listings, revise them using Auctive templates, etc. and then submit revised listing back to EBay. Have tried all the listing tutorials - can't seem to find the one that does the job.
Do I have to get a TOKEN each time I want to revise a listing and submit to EBay.
AM VERY FRUSTRATED AT THIS POINT -CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH A SIMPLE STEP OF "TO DO'S" TO ACCOMPLISH THIS. Thank you
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Carolskloset,

While it is possible to revise your existing active listings that were posted directly through eBay to use Auctiva's image hosting and other design features, the process you would need to go through essentially requires redesigning each listing using Auctiva's design tools so it may be a fairly large task if you are dealing with a large volume of listings.

In order to accomplish this, you would basically need to redesign each listing through Auctiva, generate the HTML code for the description design, and then add that HTML code to the existing eBay listings using eBay's "Revise your Item" form. The following step by step instructions should help guide you through this process:

1) Recreate the listing in Auctiva and click "Save". Since you will only be revising the item description, it is only necessary to fill out the “Item Details” section of the lister page.
2) Once you have finished, click the "Save" button.
3) Return to your Saved Listings page and click the <HTML> icon next to the listing.
4) Highlight and copy the HTML that appears in the pop-up window.
5) Visit the item on eBay and click the “Revise your item” link.
6) Scroll down about 1/3 the page to the “Description” section and click the "HTML" tab on the editor.
7 Delete the html that is already there, paste the copied html in its place, and save your changes.

...and Knotacellar,

I'm not entirely sure that I understand your questions, but you do have a few different options when working with items that are listed on your Auctiva Closed Listings page.

If you would simply like to relist items that are on that page, you can do so in bulk by checking the boxes next to the desired items and clicking the "Bulk Relist" button, but the revisions you can make during the Bulk Relist process are fairly limiited.

If you would like to make revisions during the relisting process that are not available when using the Bulk Relist tool, then I recommend relisting your items individually using the "Edit and Relist" option next to the items you would like to relist in that manner. You can edit just about anything using the Edit and Relist process.

The data that comes up when you click the "Edit and Relist" link next to an item is pulled from the saved listing within Auctiva from which the item was originally posted so, if you had made changes to that saved listing since posting the item, you may see details there that no longer match the closed listing.

Finally, if you would like to create saved listings from items on your Closed Listings page, you can accomplish that by checking the boxes next to the desired items and clicking the "Import Listings" button along the top of the page.

I hope this helps. If either of you need any further assistance with your account, please feel free to contact our customer support team by mousing over the "Help" tab within your account and selecting the "File Support Case" option.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.