Skip to main content

This DOWN time is in the middle of most seller's work day.

Why can't Auctiva do maintenance in the middle of the night in the off hours? Such as after 1:00AM PDT during a low traffic time?

I know you are giving us Notice but why bring the site down in the middle of our work day?

Nothing NEW gets done in my Ebay store when Auctiva closes down... just wondering WHY Auctiva picks the middle of the day for maintenance issues?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi tiger2u,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We understand this will not be convenient for many of our users and have tried to give everyone as much time as possible to prepare and make arrangements as needed. If it were feasible to conduct this downtime outside of business hours, we would gladly do so.

However, as a global business, it is difficult for us to perform maintenance on the site without having some group of clients that are inconvenienced. Additionally, because of the type of maintenance required, we must coordinate the downtime with some of our IT vendors who dictate when some actions can be taken.

With all our technical staff available during the day we hope to minimize downtime and get the site back up as soon as possible. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us and we hope this helps you understand our timing a bit better.

-Mike
C'mon! We know that most of your customer base is in the U.S. So why not schedule maintenance 2 am - 5 am (PST) which would be Midnight - 3 am (CST) which would be 11 pm to 2 am (EST). Auctiva did not tell us that the descriptions would not be available on our ebay listings!! It's bad enough that we couldn't list. My full time job that pays the bills is in IT and we definitely have to come in at odd times for our upgrades...so as to not inconvenience our user base. This just seemed like the programmers wanted to make it convenient for themselves. Peggy
Hi Peggys_Antiques,

We did not do any work during our maintenance period today that would cause your descriptions not to show up in your eBay listings so I am uncertain why you may have seen that behavior. In fact, the description text in your active listings in hosted by eBay's system so a technical issue on our side could not prevent that contact from being displayed.

The only content in active listings that we host on behalf of our customers are the templates and the images within them and that content remained available during our maintenance period.

If you are still unable to see the item descriptions in your eBay listings, I recommend contacting eBay's customer support team to see if they explain why you are unable to see them. I just reviewed a few of your active listings and had no trouble seeing your descriptions.

Of course, if you are encountering any difficulties with our software, you are always welcome to contact us by mousing over the “Help” tab and selecting the “File Support Case” option and we will do our best to assist you.

-Mike
Thanks Auctiva for a smooth outage. I know how wrong they can go so I appreciate how smooth it went.

Also your Helpdesk folks were right on top of things when I asked about a thumbnail that was missing (I had had 2 the day before the outage). It was a Senior moment as I should have waited until tomorrow to see if any more thumbnails were missing. As the support person mentioned (in less than 10 minutes) some of that is to be expected with the outage. Things had been so smooth I forgot all about the outage

Thank you, no matter what may come up, it was a professional operation from start (as in days before when you let everyone know) to finish (with the email saying it was done).

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.