Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!LMAO & ROFL!!!

Oh Miss S, THANK YOU for that, we really needed to lighten the mood around here...all this impending doom & gloom all day (justified, but still..)
I am literally LOL here and trying not to cuz all the household is asleep, you know how that is... Big Grin I don't know what I would do without my trusty kleenex, oh no, feel another spastic fit coming on Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

That's one of the best auctions I've ever seen..did ya see all the views it got? Whew...thanks again..I wonder if one of us should post a link? I think people would appreciate some humor right about now ??
Agreed Taz,
If I didn't have so much stuff to dump this summer I really doubt I would be selling anymore. Although I must admit I'm intensley curious to see what's gonna happen. I guess it will depend on that. If it goes badly, as I'm sure it will, I'm done after this year. What a waste...I think Bart Simpson is actually the one running things over there Frown
Miss M FeeBay has run amok! Time to slay the dragon! Can it be done? Will it be done? This time I think the dragon has pushed it's hand and I do believe that we David's can hurt it if not cripple it!
Tell me I cannot NEG a bad buyer? A bad buyer can Neg me!
SHAME ON YOU FEEBAY! ALMOST HATE TO SAYI IT! MEG COME BACK!
At least we knew what we were dealing with!
If Bart were running things Miss M it would be a lot better!
JeffS said something in another post about how people will put up with it anyway, and ebay won't change it back, etc. Normally I would wholeheartedly agree with him, but this time I'm not so sure. I honestly think sellers will leave, and not just the little guys either. The fees suck, that's a given, but I'm more concerned with the FB issue. There are already enough people that like to give negs for sport and it's only going to get much worse. I've already deleted all the items in my watch lists on all my ID's that I was going to buy for resale...Well I have more than enough stuff and after my summer listings I don't think I'm going to sell anymore. It's not FUN anymore, I'll have to see what happens. Frown

EDIT - Gotta add ~~ Bart Simpson for CEO Smile
Oh my, I laughed so hard, I had to change my pants, if you know what I mean. What a GREAT listing! Made my morning!
These final value fee increases will almost do me in. I am strictly an estate sale reseller and most of my items are from $10 to $50. By the time I pay listing fees, final value fees, PayPal fees and deduct my cost for the item, I will be left with very little profit. As a buyer, I buy a lot of $9.99 items. This new policy will push many sellers away and we won't be able to get, i.e, that little figurine we've been looking everywhere for and couldn't find. This new pricing policy just SUCKS! And the feedback policy is the ultimate turn-off. It pisses me off that we have no protection from surly buyers to ruin our feedback rating. I have a 100% feedback rating and am proud of it, and work hard to please my buyers from beginning to end, but there is that small percentage of folks who will give negative feedback in an instant if they know you can't give it back. Agggghhhhhhhhhh!
quote:
Originally posted by member_8880:
JeffS said something in another post about how people will put up with it anyway, and ebay won't change it back, etc. Normally I would wholeheartedly agree with him, but this time I'm not so sure. I honestly think sellers will leave, and not just the little guys either. The fees suck, that's a given, but I'm more concerned with the FB issue. There are already enough people that like to give negs for sport and it's only going to get much worse.

They won't change it back. Nothing will change, and things will continue on as normal. eBay will silently ride this through, like it does EVERY year, even with bad press. I will predict that YOU will continue to sell on eBay just as if this never happened. Same for TAZ. Oh sure, he's pissed. I'm pissed too. Who wants somebody else's hand in your pocket. But, you know what? It happens every year, and every year there is an outcry, and every year it's "eBay is mad", "eBay has run amock", "eBay sucks, that's it, I've had it, never again.". I say it all too. I also say "bullshit". You'll be selling here just like I will.

My main point of anger is my loss of profit margin to a greedy company that clearly does not need it but wants to impress Wall street by continuing to have "the best quarterly earnings ever" every quarter. One way to assure that is to collect more money. Here's a real world example. If you start an item at $9.99 with no gallery image and it sells for $25.00, you paid $1.71 in fees. Under the new fee schedule you will now pay $2.54, or 83 cents more, which is an increase of 49%. Hard to stomach, right? It is annoying. Sell ten items like this and your fees are $8.30 more per month. Yep, it's certainly enough to make you angry.

Now, about the feedback. You know, I'm not so pissed off about that. In fact, I can see the logic. I'm sure none of you will agree with me. First off, let me say I have 3000+ unique positive feedbacks (3600 something total), no negatives, no neutrals. I don't see that changing. I don't give anyone any reason to leave me a negative comment that I need to worry about it. Putting the buyers in the drivers seat with the negatives, and the stars is going to QUICKLY rid eBay of the trashy shit sellers who take weeks to ship an item, sell knock-offs that are crap, sell inferior products, charge you $8 for shipping only to have the item come in a padded envelope with 67 cents on the postage label, etc. You know who these sellers are. I'm not one of them. Are you? (not aimed at anyone in particular reading this). If you aren't, you really have nothing to worry about.

With the fear of a retaliatory negative removed, now, when I am a buyer (which is not often), I'm going to be more honest in the future. In the past I've let A LOT go by because I didn't want my 100% positive record to be tarnished by some asshole giving me an untrue retaliatory feedback. Not any more. if I buy something, and it's crap, I'm gonna let the seller know it's crap. Probably mostly in the form of neutrals. Why should I say "it's great" or "product OK" when it isn't?

Think about it.
Last edited by jeffs
quote:
I don't see that changing. I don't give anyone any reason to leave me a negative comment

Need a reason, come on JeffS surely you do not believe that, the only things a moronic and malicious minority need is a keyboard, idle fingers and a seller with 100% spanning 1,000's of listings and no possible retribution.

Similarly why does a vandal plaster his tag on a clean wall, answer, they are incapable of anything worthwhile so lets ruin someones elses hard work, har-har (in Simpsons bully voice) Frown
quote:
Originally posted by ChooChooGuy:
Need a reason, come on JeffS surely you do not believe that, the only things a moronic and malicious minority need is a keyboard, idle fingers and a seller with 100% spanning 1,000's of listings and no possible retribution.

Well [insert your name here] (I don't know your name, you know mine). I don't think it's going to be that big a problem. I just don't.

To me, the FEES are the problem. That is lost money from my pocket. I just listened to a podcast where the new CEO, very enthusiastically, was PROUD of his overall "less take" and how he told Wall Street eBay would be taking less fees "overall".

W T F are these guys on???? I've done the math up, down and every which way. I PAY MORE. 40% on average for what I sell and my volume. I'm quite angry about this, but I won't be leaving. I can't afford to leave. Out of my several hundred a month I may make, eBay will get $8-$20 more of it. Certainly not enough for me to cry "broke", but enough for me to scream "ROBBERS and THIEVES" at eBay.

As I've said before. I'm going to use this new feedback system the way they want it used. I'm an HONEST person, and I won't be extorting sellers, but if there ANYTHING wrong with the product, there will no longer be any "mercy" or "Ahh, just forget it" attitude in order to save my feedback from retaliation.

As a seller, you can look at a potential buyers "Feedback Left To Others" and screen them out by canceling their bids and blocking them before the sale is over. OK, it has a loophole, you can't catch the snipers in time. Well, OK.

I personally do not feel my feedback is going to suffer.

The biggest problem is there is so much NOISE about the feedback it is covering up the real problem: THE FEES. The FEES are not getting any press. The spin machine is going wild saying we will pay less. That's just BULLSHIT.
quote:
Originally posted by Pigeon Alley Books:
Oh my, it os first up on Google search under Seller Relief!!!!

OK, what don't I understand here? You're running a mock auction, people have bid it up to $1,025. You know you aren't going to be paid (assuming it even makes it to completion before being pulled. eBay doesn't like people making fun of it).

And if it does end, you'll be stuck with a sizable final value fee to pay.

Again, what don't I understand?

Item number: 170190133468

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.