Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Discovered a way to by pass the new Auctiva image loader b/c it isn't working! You need to upload your images first prior to writing and pricing your item. Go to the Images tab at top of the Auctiva home page, then click on Upload Images, then click Basic HTML Uploader, and voila, it brings back the original one. Upload pics first, then start your listing and when you click Select an Image your pics will be available in reverse order.
Also discovered that if you entitle your image with a number first, for example #1 blue vase, the image loader will not accept the photo for whatever reason. You have to rename the photo Blue Vase #1 for it to upload it!
Hope this info helps one or two of you!
quote:
Discovered a way to by pass the new Auctiva image loader b/c it isn't working! You need to upload your images first prior to writing and pricing your item. Go to the Images tab at top of the Auctiva home page, then click on Upload Images, then click Basic HTML Uploader, and voila, it brings back the original one. Upload pics first, then start your listing and when you click Select an Image your pics will be available in reverse order.

Thank you. this is the answere for now. You should work for auctiva. Could have prevented 12 hours of misery yesterday. The guy before says his is working, not me. I click that Java thing and still get the red X Thanks again. Hooray for you helping us arounf this problem
The answer I received from support, after everything was already working good....FWIW:

I just uploaded your image to your Auctiva account from my end. We just integrated the Auctiva Uploader into the listing creation page instead of the HTML Uploader that was there before, so I suspect that change is the reason you are having trouble uploading your images.

When you click one of the "Select an Image" buttons within your account and then click the blue "Upload" button, you should see the Auctiva Uploader interface with the folders on your computer displayed in a column on the right-hand side of the page. When you choose the folder your images are located in on that list, they should show in the area to the right.

If you drag the images you'd like to upload into the field below that or add then using the "Add" or "Add All" buttons and then click the "Upload" button on the bottom of the page, the images should be uploaded and you should be able to use them for your listings.

If you do not see the Auctiva Uploader interface when you click the "Upload" button, it is most likely that your browser is blocking the installation of the required Active X component, which should be installed automatically.

If this is indeed being blocked by Internet Explorer, you should see an information bar along the top of your browser saying that it is being blocked and you should be able to right-click that bar to agree to the installation. The following page of the Microsoft website shows what this will look like: [url] http://www.microsoft.com/protect/yourself/downloads/activex.mspx[/url]

We have received some reports that the Active X component is not installing automatically as it should when the uploader is accessed from the listing creation page. If it is not working for you, please try clicking the “Upload Images” link under the “Images” tab within your account and then click the “Auctiva Uploader” link. If the Active X component properly installs from there, it should then work when you access it from the listing creation page.

If you have any additional questions or concerns pertaining to your Auctiva account, please feel free to let me know, and I’ll be happy to continue assisting you.

Sincerely,

Auctiva Support
bwdyk, thanks yea I saw the active x wanting to install and I let it install. After the first time that the uploader ran after the active x installed was when I had a problem with clicking on the add photo button and the photo selector opening and automatically closing. I restarted IE 8 and went back into the same saved listing and I was able to select the images that I had uploaded. If it works on several more listings then I will post back that IE may need to be restarted.

------AND BTW TO TECHNICAL SUPPORT------

NO YOUR BROWSER SHOULD NOT HAVE THE SECURITY SET SO LOW THAT ACTIVE X COMPONENTS INSTALL AUTOMATICALLY WITH OUT YOUR ACCEPTING THE INSTALLATION! DAH
Hi Ray,

Even though the HTML Uploader is no longer integrated into the listing creation page, you should still be able to upload your images from the lister page while you are creating each individual listing using the new uploader. If you are having trouble using the new uploader, I recommend contacting our customer support team for further assistance.

The HTML Uploader is far more resource intensive than the new uploader that has been integrated into the listing creation page and, given that most users do their uploading from the listing creation page, swapping out the HTML uploader for the new, more efficient uploader was a necessary step toward maintaining an image uploading service that is as reliable as possible.

You can reach our customer support team by completing the web form on the following page of our site: http://www.auctiva.com/help/requesthelp.aspx

-Mike
You can always use the basic uploader before you start your listing so that you won't have to use the fancy new one while you are making your ad. I personally LOVE the new uploader--the basic one always seemed to freeze up and you could only load small images. But with the new uploader, I haven't had a problem--no failures due to the image being too large.

I have actually saved a lot of time using the new uploader--I drag entire folders to the bottom and hit upload. That's a big time saver! I don't recall the basic uploader being able to add images that quickly. It drove me nuts--You had to hit "browse" and click on each image you wanted, one at a time, and then hope that they aren't too large when you hit upload.

I will never ever want to use the basic uploader again.
Size of images was never a problem, all mine are taken at 640 x 480 Then cropped.
The thing is on the listing where it says select an image, I would click on the first one, it would bring me to the upload page, I would click on each image I wanted, hit up load, then after I uploaded them, the screen would disappear, and the pics would be on the listing IN order.
Now I have to drag all the images, hit upload, once they are uploaded, you have to wait until they show up on the upload images page,( the page you come to when you first hit select an image)They show up immediately in the Manage images web page, but you have to wait for them on the upload page.
Then you have to click each image again. then go back to the listing page.
Seems like more steps to me.........
Am I missing something here?
Hi Th1ngz4u,

Thanks for the clarification. The behavior you have described is actually not consistent with how the new uploader is supposed to work (or how it works for me).

I attempted to replicate this behavior, however, when I dragged the images I wanted to upload into the uploading queue and clicked "Upload", the uploader pop-up window closed automatically after the upload was complete and the images were placed in the "Select an Image" boxes in the order they were placed in the uploading queue.

I'm not quite sure why your experience would differ but, if you continue to encounter the problem you have described, I recommend contacting our customer support team for further assistance.

-Mike
Hi. Yesterday I finally managed to upload the new uploader. Then I couldn't use my dell editor anymore. First I couldn't file any edited pictures. Then I couldn't even edit. This was all right after I uploaded the thing.
I tried to uninstall the program and it said my computer couldn't uninstall it. Then I did a system restore and the new uploader is gone, and dell editor works good again.
I haven't listed in two days.
Now I actually tried to upload the darn thing again to see if it could work better today, and I can't get it to upload for the life of me.
Well, I usually don't have any problems with any of Auctiva's updates but this new image loader is a big problem. Generally I upload all of my pictures before I start listing and don't have any problems, but I sometimes take pictures at the last minute or want to use pictures I have stored on a flash drive. This new uploader from within the listing form takes forever. Forever to start up........(the Java square just sits there and sits there).The images themselves upload quickly but then after that's done it just takes forever to finish up. It just took a little over 11 minutes to upload 3 pictures. Not good. The old uploader popped them in right way and I kept on typing. Any suggestions?
quote:
Originally posted by queenofcollectibles:
Well, I usually don't have any problems with any of Auctiva's updates but this new image loader is a big problem. Generally I upload all of my pictures before I start listing and don't have any problems, but I sometimes take pictures at the last minute or want to use pictures I have stored on a flash drive. This new uploader from within the listing form takes forever. Forever to start up........(the Java square just sits there and sits there).The images themselves upload quickly but then after that's done it just takes forever to finish up. It just took a little over 11 minutes to upload 3 pictures. Not good. The old uploader popped them in right way and I kept on typing. Any suggestions?

I forgot to mention that I was using Firefox. I switched and used Internet Explorer and thing ran more quickly.
I contacted help yesterday.

Here's their suggestion:

In addition, try using an alternate web browser.

1) I recommend using Internet Explorer 7.0. You may also try the upgrade the version of Firefox. A free download of latest Mozilla FireFox is available at:-
http://www.mozilla.com

2) Uninstall your browser plugins, internet security products, and popup blockers.

3) Disable your firewall.

4) Run some spyware removal software: Here is a link to a free version of AdAware:
http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Personal-Edition/30...602.html?tag=lst-0-1

Back to Turbo Lister for the time being for me.
Its worse than useless if you are a power seller with a large store of images on your hard drive. It just plain takes forever to get anything done. This graphics interface may be fine if you are running a dual-core processor Vista box with 8 gigs of ram, but for anyone it just doesn't work effectively.

I can't get a thing done in any decent time frame anymore but IU doubt that anyone at Auctiva cares.
i haven't been able to upload images to the listing since 23 dec... i have contacted support twice, and done everything they suggested... i still can't get it to work... i can get images to upload to the folder, go back to my listing, but then the new uploader comes in and offers to bring them from the folder, but then it won't!!!
i don't have the option of using IE because i have a linux OS, which doesn't support IE...

this is really hurting my business possibilities Roll Eyes
and
. I DON"T SEE WHY IT HAD TO BE DONE RIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!!
This uploader is glitchy when it works, which isn't very often. I cannot make it work with firefox: crashes the browser and doesn't upload. Won't work with safari at all. IE sometimes, but I now have to wait for ALL my photos to upload to icons and then try and find the ones I want. They are in random order, not alphabetical order. In SHORT: THIS UPLOADER IS A DISASTER! PLEASE FIX IT. Or give me a way to opt out of it. I tried to select the old uploader but when I clik on upload I get the piece of junk new one again and again. Frustrating to say the least.
More problems with the Auctiva Uploader. I upload and add my photos as I am creating a listing. If I upload them to Auctiva first, I still have to upload them again from my computer when I go to add them to the listing. In other words, this Uploader does not work.

Also, I cannot just view my photos by the name, I HAVE to wait until hundreds of photos appear as thumbnails! Then I have to search through them to find the photos that I have edited and I want to add to my listing. They are in random order along with the other Hundreds of photos! PLEASE HELP.
My biggest quarrel with the new uploader is that it doesn't give you the option to put the uploaded images into a folder when you upload them. This adds another chore to my housekeeping.

My second biggest quarrel is the thumbnails show up in the window in these weird pink and green colors. They display normally in the listing, but they're hard to see and pick out when uploading.
quote:
My biggest quarrel with the new uploader is that it doesn't give you the option to put the uploaded images into a folder when you upload them. This adds another chore to my housekeeping.

That's got me stumped. Both the ActiveX and Java Auctiva Uploaders in my (ten minutes ago) checks have a Folder selection at the bottom of the page for upload????? I've been running tests on and off for weeks uploading to specific folders????? I also cross-checked the upload in the one-page, and the folder selection is there too????

Again, I'm using the Auctiva supported IE7 and Firefox 3 browsers for all tests.

Danno
Well said, Danno...I haven't had any problems uploading images into folders or had any weird color changes...it's been awesome for me and saves a lot of time.

I've tried it out on both IE and FF, on my home and work computers, and they work fine--the only issue I had at first was that my home computer didn't have the ActiveX enabled. Once I got it all configured correctly, it's been a breeze.

I wish I knew why others are having so much trouble getting it work on their computers so that they can use it.

Stumped
Confused
Well, the issue and solution seems to be that you now have to place your photos into a small folder before uploading. It is an extra step. Also, Auctiva did not offer this solution to its users. Who do they think they are, Microsoft? LOL!

Personally this new uploader, is not an improvement. I wish I knew why some of you are so happy with it???
pirate, You don't have to upload to folders at all--it's nice to have the option though when you are uploading.

I am very happy with it and it has saved me tons of time--I was using it while it was still just a Beta version because the HTML loader was a pain for me. It's fast and it lets me upload pretty large images--that's enough for me!

I don't understand why everyone is making such a fuss about it--if the new uploader isn't working for you, and you've gone through all the trouble-shooting that you can (like making sure you have the latest version of Java/allow ActiveX/have latest version of IE or FF/etc) by all means, use the old Basic uploader--it's still available Wink
quote:
I don't understand why everyone is making such a fuss about it--if the new uploader isn't working for you, and you've gone through all the trouble-shooting that you can (like making sure you have the latest version of Java/allow ActiveX/have latest version of IE or FF/etc) by all means, use the old Basic uploader--it's still available Wink

well i can tell you why i'm making a fuss!!! i cannot get it to load pictures so i can sell things!

please tell me what i'm missing here:
> i click "select pictures" in listing frame
>the new frame comes up, with no information in it. it is completely blank, except for two little places that say "upload", and one that says "upload from folder"
> that one gives me the option to upload from a folder which i had already created. when i click on that nothing happens...

> then i go back to my listing page, and click at the top for "images"
> i click on "upload images" and it gives me the two choices...
> i click on the NEW one and it does the same as it does if i click "select pictures" on the listing page...
> i click on the "HTML" one, and the familiar old one comes up, i browse and upload my pictures... but to where?
> at that point i try to go back to my listing page, only to find that i have completely EXITED my listing page :~(

please someone help me with this, support apparently has nothing more to say on the matter!!!
quote:
pirate, You don't have to upload to folders at all--it's nice to have the option though when you are uploading.

I am very happy with it and it has saved me tons of time--I was using it while it was still just a Beta version because the HTML loader was a pain for me. It's fast and it lets me upload pretty large images--that's enough for me!

I don't understand why everyone is making such a fuss about it--if the new uploader isn't working for you, and you've gone through all the trouble-shooting that you can (like making sure you have the latest version of Java/allow ActiveX/have latest version of IE or FF/etc) by all means, use the old Basic uploader--it's still available

First I am not talking about uploading TO a folder. Second, if you can get the basic uploader to work please post instructions on how you managed it.

I can get the new Auctiva Uploader to work with ff but it takes 4-5 minuted to upload ONE photo that has already been edited, sized and is under 100 kb. If you have large photos forget it.

What I WAS talking about is to have your photo in a seperate folder BEFORE you upload them to your listing with the Auctiva Uploader. Try putting only the few photos that you are using for that listing. Use IE browser and empty the cache and the history and dump the cookies first.
pirate_aye,

According to Aurigma, the product should work with the Linux desktop as well as PC and Mac, i.e. it shows a window/interface that conforms to that OS desktop methodology. This product runs far better than what was used prior to the change last summer (that was definitely a major BROKEN and needed fixing badly for those with the "if it ain't broke thoughts"). It immediately got praise from members for speed and stability.

Here's the product page with that suggestion and the combinations supported.

http://www.aurigma.com/Products/ImageUploader/Comparison.aspx

It's one of the reasons I tested Safari on PC and surprised to find it worked.

I would hope that Mozilla-Firefox with Java would work for everyone with the latest release of Java and Firefox browsers. Since it mimics the desktop for OS, I'm not exactly sure how Folders would work with Linux. I am seeing some tips that older versions of Java are buggy and retaining (not disabling or uninstalling) older versions could be a problem too.

I have seen suggestions and checked a possible problem with a SECURITY FIX Microsoft rolled around December 18th to all platforms and versions of IE, that might have some problems, and might explain why there were problems with some Auctiva pages starting after that date. I've noted that some fixed their problems with update to XP Service Pack 3, which does suggest a buggy release to SP2 for that fix.

Danno
Last edited by danno

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.