Skip to main content

Please post comments and questions about the shipping insurance changes made in our site update made this morning 9/9/09 to this thread. We will be posting here, and will be monitoring and will respond to questions we see you post.
Auctiva Tony M. Sr. Product Manager, Auctiva.com
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm very confused by all these insurance changes and again ebay is stiffing the seller. But putting that aside, I have questions about Auctiva insurance. I had turned off Auctiva checkout to save money if I enable Auctiva checkout again what is that cost. If I check enable Auctiva shipping, am I billed when I list the item or when the item sells.

Thanks Erna
quote:
Originally posted by ecmallory:
I'm very confused by all these insurance changes and again ebay is stiffing the seller. But putting that aside, I have questions about Auctiva insurance. I had turned off Auctiva checkout to save money if I enable Auctiva checkout again what is that cost. If I check enable Auctiva shipping, am I billed when I list the item or when the item sells.

Thanks Erna
You can find the rates for Auctiva insurance here:

http://www.auctiva.com/help/pa...ettings/Overview.htm

Between now and September 22, you can still offer insurance to your buyers through Auctiva Checkout (you also can offer it thru eBay Checkout too.) There is no cost over and above your monthly $2.95 or $9.95 subscription fee for using Auctiva Checkout. Insurance purchase occurs when the item is sold not listed.

After September 22, checkout won't make any difference for insurance...you won't be able to offer it to buyers through either Auctiva or eBay's checkout. You can insure your items yourself. If you set our Auto Purchase Rules, the system will buy the insurance for you when the item sells in accordance with the rule you enter.
quote:
Originally posted by fastpitchdad1972:
If you mention shipping insurance in your listing will ebay kick your listing off ebay??
Here is a link to their site with lots of information

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/Jul.../faq/index.html#1-10

I think the following quote from the link above more or less answers your question:

"Q: Do I have to update my listings?
A: No, you do not have to update your existing listings. However, you will no longer have the ability to include shipping insurance in new, revised or renewed listings. You may want to update your item or shipping and handling charges to include the cost of insurance.

Q: Will my listings be blocked in Relist, Sell Similar or Sell One Like This flows if they include shipping insurance?
A: No, eBay will not block these listings, but we will automatically remove the insurance option from the listing when a seller uses Relist, Sell Similar, or Sell one Like This. You'll see a message that eBay has removed these options from your listing."
I didn't notice this issue until today since the field "included with shipping" was removed.

I utilize other means for insurance (not Auctiva) and updated all my active listings to reflect insurance is "included with shipping and handling" to comply with ebay.

Due to the changes, my listings are no longer reflecting this once they post to ebay. I have tried several ways to maintain this but whenever the listing transfers to ebay, the listings show "not offered" for insurance instead of "included with shipping and handling". (I have previewed the listing in Auctiva and it shows the correct information, but when I view it in ebay it reverts to the "not offered".)

How do I get this corrected for future listings? I do not have the time to revise every listing in ebay after I list it with Auctiva.
Hi!
With the new eBay release today, all insurance options (even if it's "included in S&H")are being automatically dropped from new listings by eBay. You can state in the item description that the item will be insured when shipped, but that's about it.

Keep in mind that this new policy makes sellers responsible for their items until they are in their customers' hands. Whether or not the sellers chooses to insure their packages is entirely up to them. Thus, there is no need to mention insurance to the buyers.
OK. I've been trying and re-trying and re-trying to do a listing and I keep getting this error message when I go to post:

eBay listing failed to post for the following reason:

* A valid insurance option must be selected when a shipping insurance fee is specified.

I see nowhere where there is a shipping insurance fee specified in the template. I don't want Auctiva Shipping Insurance and have that whole thing disabled and it's showing as disabled in the template. Then there are three boxes to check. I have chosen the last one, I don't want to purchase insurance for this listing. Then I go to post and I get this error message. Please help! Thanks!
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Rebecca:
Hi!
With the new eBay release today, all insurance options (even if it's "included in S&H")are being automatically dropped from new listings by eBay. You can state in the item description that the item will be insured when shipped, but that's about it.

Keep in mind that this new policy makes sellers responsible for their items until they are in their customers' hands. Whether or not the sellers chooses to insure their packages is entirely up to them. Thus, there is no need to mention insurance to the buyers.

As a buyer I liked to know my item was insured if valuable, as most buyers don't know that sellers have always been responsible for safe delivery; selling the customer insurance was always gravy, because we had to get it to them safely, insure it or eat a loss.
So SELLING, I now include only in the description that Insurance is included in shipping, since we can't offer it separately. I think it reassures buyers that we are caring for their item very well; and I buy it and have auctiva notify them for items i cant afford to eat.
and btw, many sellers have long published disclaimers that they aren't responsible once they mail an item, which has never been true; we have always been responsible. Some would claim a buyer had to buy insurance to cover any postal loss; also untrue. Ebay always required SELLERS to get the item to the buyer's door; we could ask them to buy insurance but we still had to deliver even if they didnt. So I always bought insurance myself for items I couldn't afford to lose if the buyer didn't buy insurance.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.