Skip to main content

I know that Auctiva going down is an inconvience to us all, however, how about some Positve Support from "We The Users Of This 'FREE' Listing Website". I also relize that I am New to this Community and I am also aware of some of the problems that Auctiva has been having, and remember we all have our bumps in the road now and then ..... This is the message I sent to the Auctiva Team this morning ----- "I have been reading the "Bad Vibes" on your downtime in the forum. Well here's some "GOOD VIBE" -- I expect you are doing your best to resolve the problem and I appreciate it. It's not like most of us have not had our vehicles to break down on us at the most in opportune times; even NEW FORDS AND CHEVYS AND AN OCCASSIONAL CADILLAC. So Step Back.. Get A Cup Of Coffee.. Take A Breather.. Think About Something Pleasurable.. Then You Can Do Your Best.. I Have Faith In The Auctiva Team.. Thank You For A Good Listing Website. Ed "PROFFESSOR" Hays" Any One CARE To Join The POSITIVE SIDE ?!!?
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Dear Wise Proffessor, Auctiva did list on the board under News thread that they would be down and apologized for the inconvenience. Alway right to give the benefit of the doubt before blasting. I think Auctiva is doing a great jog. I have been involved in developing software and believe me "It ain't as easy as it looks." Patience everyone and have a good morning. Looks like I chose a good morning to spend a little more time in Dreamland. Blessings. Smile
Just because it is FREE does not grant license to be crappy. Look, I've said it before on these forms that I would pay Auctiva to use it, and I even think it is a bad decision to keep it free. No good company ever misses an opportunity to utilize their profit centers. They could charge $5.00 a month and rake it in, as well as remaining the lowest cost tool available. But the fact that it is still free seems to me proof that not even the guys running Auctiva have enough faith in it to start charging. Yah, I still use it. I like some of the new features and I see an attempt to improve the product. But in general all the bells and whistles mean very little when the down-time and missed postings have cost me about as much as the FREE service has saved. I don't feel bad for complaining because FREE does not equal a good excuse. If Auctiva wants to improve their bottom line by one day converting the user base into a profit center, or even just expanding their current shipping insurance model with more customers, the "what do you expect for free" attitude needs to go. I don't know if that is the attitude at Auctiva, but a post such as this one is not really helping to fix the core problems with the service.
Look, I have lost some money from Auctiva problems myself, have even posted the details so people can be aware of it, but for informational reasons. ANYway, here goes my devil's advocate rant:

Proffesor - Thanks for the thoughts

redatl21 - I got that...

Fairy Odd Mother - Absolutely right, Auctiva, like all other third parties have to make their software work with eBay. EBAY for crying out loud! That's almost as bad as having an account issue with Paypal.....

Wimom - Let it go....

Robusto's - I agree, free shouldn't mean crappy, but I have never read anything from Auctiva staff displaying that attitude. I also don't think Auctiva is crappy. I also agree on the pay scheme, clearly they are building a business model on capital turns designed to capture market share, but once growth slows down they will have to increase their revenue streams just like anyone else, so enjoy it for now. I'm with you on the "I would pay for more" thing as well, maybe a shareware kind of structure, free for basic functionality, etc. Lastly, nasty posts won't help fix problems faster either.

Rick - Thanks for the thoughts

And.......I'm one post closer to Whiz. Gee...
UGH - The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price. Not worth my effort right now. I just started using this website this week. Every day there are issues. The money I have lost I would gladly pay in fees. If anyone from this company cares email me when you change for the better! I know there will be fees down the road just like Auction Watch / Vendio. I was with them in the beginning. I never experienced so much down time!!!
Just my 2 cents worth. I know that it can be aggravating when the site is down and you're trying to get some work done and can't, but I feel that Auctiva is offering a great service for FREE! If I were paying for this service and it was down, now that would be a different story. I'm not saying that you get what you pay for, but it doesn't matter where you go or what you do, there is always going to be problems. Heck, half the time I go to McDonald's they can't even get my order right and I still have to pay for it. It would be nice if once in awhile they would say, "Well, we've screwed up your order AGAIN, from now on your food is free." I wouldn't have any reason to complain about it if it was free. I would be happy just to get something.
I think Auctiva is great. Maybe it's not the best for everybody, but I am satisfied and am very glad I found it.
WinkHate to sound like a Fairy Odd Motherbut don't forget that the more you rant the worse you feel. Give it a break. This is only money and time. I just spent 4 hrs in the ER with my son with Downs Syndrome. He is ageing quickly now at 51. I lost money then too, but ask me if I care about it. Auctiva is working hard and I have not had one time when they did not respond to me quickly and helpfully, but then, I am also polite to them.mmmm, wonder if it makes a difference. Everyone sleep, well. Tomorrow is another day. Likely to be a better one, I hope. PS :Prince Rick, you made me LOL after a very tiring day. Blessings
You all are right, this is a free site, and when it is working it is great. I have been using Auctiva for over a year now and am switching to a new service for a low monthly fee. For the past two months I have been unable to work almost every day. At some point in time, each day I get on the site, it is not working or is painfully slow. Auctiva's support promises that it will be fixed, however it never gets fixed. I hope they end up working out their issues for those of you who have the patience to stay on.
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.