Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

TOTALLY DEAD here too!

Irritating part is you can't send support request to let someone know, just in case someone does not monitor this site. I would assume if they knew they would post here so we would all know???? Was able to get error sheet showing contact support.. however, it just circles around and around and does not go to support.

Also, NO phone numbers to report either. If someone has the Premium Plan please call that number and please leave a message, hopefully we will not be out rest of week-end. . arg!!

Thanks
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Really, Auctiva? Again? As much as we pay you, you would think that you would have at least one person monitering the site at all times. It is very frustrating to have listings for ebay ready to go, but they are all stuck in your site. A phone number would also be welcomed, then maybe we could get some answers. Grrrrrrrrrrr - so NOT happy!!!
The most irritating part to me is that we can't call OR send support requests. Seems support could have a back up that is like forums separate so outages could be reported. This is weekend and I would guess this does not help the process or recognizing issues.

ARGGGGGG Too Hot to go outside, trying to make myself list today.. Steaming!! (and not from the heat, from multiple auctiva issues lately).

Hopefully things will change.. . soon!
Hey, EbayLand - you called it right! I just checked Ebay - ALL of my Auctiva slide shows AND descriptions are GONE!

One has to wonder how much potential eBay business might be lost due to whatever is going on with Auctiva.

I use Safari - no major problems with Auctiva till today. It was down for awhile. Then up long enough for me to waste about 1/2 hour editing my Auctiva files - then as soon as I hit "save" - gone again.

I registered on this community site earlier today when I realized that it might be the only way to let Auctiva know that there's chaos in AuctivaLand ... then I noticed that the last time (that I found) that Auctiva posted here about the site going down was YEARS ago ....

And for Auctiva to go down one day before the end of the month - BAD TIMING! - means I won't get to use all my prepaid allotted Auctiva credits - why should any of us have to pay for that?

So what do we do? Contest our July Auctiva charges on our charge card bill?
My templates are on eBya but the post I was working on when everything glitched went straighht to "Scheduled" although I attempted to "Post" it. Two hours later and it hasn't appeared on eBay.

Some acknowledgement of this problem from Auctiva would be appreciated. Luckily I build some redundancy into my posts by loading the eBay gallery with photos. That doesn't help me recover the lost time and frustration trying to work around a problem I thought was only mine, nor the lost views of the ten items I had intended to post this afternoon.
quote:
Originally posted by pjmo:
This just came up when I Googled Auctiva phone number: Auctiva Corporation. 360 E. 6th St. Chico, CA 95928. USA. 530-894-7400

I wouldn't waste time contacting them. They know it's down, and just don't have the courtesy to announce it. A bunch of users contacting them might put pressure on them, but they can't correct whatever the issue is any faster than possible. A simple statement that they're working on it would suffice. And yes, I'd like my month's fees prorated to reflect this mess, even though it might only amount to 30 cents it's the principle.
Still down + listings still toast.

Here's an interesting comment from an Auctiva Customer Service email I got:

We take customer service very seriously and sincerely hope we've provided you with the help you needed in a timely manner. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to help you.

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support

I didn't see any activity on Auctiva's Twitter page.
Guess I'll give up tonight and try again tomorrow. Are we going to have to go through this every 5-6 months when Mozilla Firefox updates their site?

Maybe corporate should put a little less money in their pockets and hire more techs.

What a headache and waste of time. Maybe we should use some other third source for listing...

Why in the world would I want to develop an independent website using Auctiva? We're having problems just using it for ebay listings.

Numerous problems every 6 months are not conducive to increasing business.
I called # it says they do not take "support messages" I left one anyway saying WE would LOVE to contact support, but since you can't send thorough anything that is a problem.

Also asked they post on forums so there is some kind of acknowledgement that they are AWARE of the problem.

This is not just Mozilla, I have tried in chrome and internet explorer and can't get on any.

I too am worried about the Trojan, last time I got FRIED!!!

Commerce is down also from what I have been told!!

Wasted time and as we all know . . . TIME is MONEY!!!
This should never happen as there is way to much potential money lost by the sellers/users of auctiva.
I just noticed you can not enlarge the pictures by click on them either.

I guess someone is not taking the changes ebay has been making seriously. Ebays changes are slowly wiping out all the extra options that others are providing.
Its been along time since I listed directly through ebay but I think I will give it a try and see how it works now.
When I called I held on the phone after they said that & left a message.. now maybe they will or will not get.. but hopefully will crash the phones (not really, ok really)

Ebayland, I have done a couple of "mock or trial" listings through ebay lately to see if auctiva was updated or if ebay was behind. It is sooooooooo much easier to list there than it use to be. They have done a pretty darn good job of simplifying things. I have stayed with auctiva mainly because of the seasonal items I have that I can tuck away every year. . but am sure rethinking what I spend versus re-doing those or relisting them every 90 days to keep them at least on ebay radar.
Ebayland Whiz why does it not surprise me that you always have a backup plan. Big Grin

Wish I did, keep thinking about it. Confused
Need to quit thinking and start doing!!

Lately I have been ON the radar, as it seems I have had multiple issues with getting ebay fixes done without doing massive go arounds which I will then have to go back and re-go around at some point which seems crazy to me.

If you care to share. . your back up plan???? pretty please

http://stores.ebay.com/VICKIES-VARIETY

Thanks!
Last edited by lookandbuyme
Well I just did a test run on ebay since we obviously cant list through auctiva right now.
I dont want to get auctiva all worked up so Ill be gentle.
Lets just say this. The templates for me are the only difference between me being here or there.
Honest answer. On my computer(windows 7 bought in March 2011) ebay is much faster listing than here.
I mean I zipped right through everything even uploading pictures.
Ill leave it at that but it took me earlier around 45 minutes to 1 hour to do 5 listings.
they have to know that their entire system is hosed any responsible software vendor has automated alerts when a major outage like this happens. Unless the big earth quake hit and the building is gone

what would it have taken for them to post something here so all of us have a clue. the real issue for the eBay folks is that their listings on eBay will not have certain things loaded and possibly lost sales. I can only imagine what is happening to the Auctiva Stores as they are completely down..
I'm curious to know how a major e-commerce business - that boasts having 1.5 million clients - could reasonably allow their website to be vulnerable to ANYTHING - from acrimony to electrical outages to viruses - or ANYTHING that would cause their servers / website - and everything connected to it - to totally fail for over 4 hours on what could have been a very busy Saturday afternoon in the USA - which I believe is probably their #1 market.

<This post edited by Auctiva Moderator to remove link and comments in violation of forum policy>

Nah. The programmer doesn't necessarily run the servers.

Besides, after the movie "Office Space", I think that most "smart" high tech companies know how it goes with copycat crimes & put precautions in place against that sort sort of thing.

If not that, then what?...

Last year, Ali Baba, a Chinese company, bought Auctiva.
http://www.marketwatch.com/inv.../stock/albcf/profile

This year, Yahoo bought Ali Baba (see link above) but reports on that linked page indicate that's not a union made in heaven ...

... and while Yahoo - a U.S. company - may own Ali-Baba - the Chinese Company that owns Auctiva - the fact remains that China owns more of us than we do them - China is the largest foreign holder of US securities.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12605163

... NOT a good place to be right now ... considering the U.S. debt stalemate in Washington... as you probably already know

... and China has said stated their position on that ...
http://www.independent.co.uk/n...finance-2328692.html

you probably already know that, too

(OBVIOUSLY I'M FINDING OTHER WAYS TO OCCUPY MY MIND/ TIME SINCE I CAN'T ACCESS AUCTIVA ...)

SOOOOO ... How about this: ... maybe the Chinese Ali Baba pulled the plug on Auctiva ... just to show us that they can be "dangerously irresponsible" too..

OK - I'm kidding ... obviously, it would be more productive for me to quit typing & start drinking ... KIDDING! . I'm done. over & out.
Last edited by auctivatonym
Updated @ 8:43 PM

Auctiva users,

As you may have already noticed, Auctiva.com is currently unavailable.

We've had a hardware failure that we're working on resolving as soon as possible.

Unfortunately we do not yet have an estimate on when the site will come back online.

Check either Auctiva.com directly or this thread for updates.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. We have redundant systems and very extensive processes that aim to minimize the risk of outages like this one, but no system is bulletproof.

We're doing everything in our power to restore the site ASAP, and we won't stop until that's been done.

Rest assured that your data is safe and secure and will be available as soon as the site is back up. If you had listings scheduled to post to eBay during the outage, please verify they were posted once you're able to log back in.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies.

Robert Green
Communications Team
Fur us the most disappointing aspect is the complete lack of news; nothing here, nothing on twitter and most Auctiva facebook pages do not even have anything at all. Also, their backup, emergency site doesn't seem to exist to say "very sorry,but..." (they do have a backup site don't they?).

Jeff and Jenny
16 items ready to schedule within next 5 hours!
Well thank you Robert. We must have crossed in the mail.
Did you really mean to say "Check either Auctiva.com directly or this thread for updates." after telling us what we had already worked out "Auctiva.com is currently unavailable". I will keep Auctiva com open and keep refreshing for further news....now how can I open it when it is unavailable? Seriously though I will try every now and then to see when it comes back.

Jeff
quote:

More than likely if we are on forums we have NOTICED!! But. .

Here is link for those who may want to check it later on: (unless they play hide the link)

From Auctiva Communications for those who may be interested. Assume updates will be here also.

https://community.auctiva.com/e...1020411/m/8327096706

To me very pathetic HOURS and HOURS later and communication finally arrives on the scene!!! Where have they been for HOURS???? Do they not realize all of this trash would not be floating around as much if they had just written SOONER???? (I am not referring in particular to anyones trash as I have my own share).

When you do not keep people informed what do you expect auctiva?

Sure made me realize how much I have on here and that I should not depend on this service as much as I have as like a lot of us have been in mini-panic mode thinking they have flown the coup and sooo much of my info is here.
quote:
Originally posted by DLOHO:
Updated @ 8:43 PM

Auctiva users,

We've had a hardware failure that we're working on resolving as soon as possible.

Unfortunately we do not yet have an estimate on when the site will come back online.

Check either Auctiva.com directly or this thread for updates.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. We have redundant systems and very extensive processes that aim to minimize the risk of outages like this one, but no system is bulletproof.

We're doing everything in our power to restore the site ASAP, and we won't stop until that's been done.

Rest assured that your data is safe and secure and will be available as soon as the site is back up. If you had listings scheduled to post to eBay during the outage, please verify they were posted once you're able to log back in.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies.

Robert Green
Communications Team

Is it time for a progress report yet?

Thanks,
Jeff
The first report on this message board string about this current Auctiva website failure was posted at around 3p.m. PST on July 30.

... and now it's after 2:30 a.m.PST on July 31.

I'm documenting here that I just checked Auctiva.com & it's STILL down.

It's been down for almost 12 hours!

I just read Robert Green's statement (fully posted above).

JeffnJenny - yes, it IS time for Mr. Green to have updated us - but I checked the link that lookandbuyme posted & there are no further updates.

Meanwhile, the million + clients that Auctiva claims to "help" are in the same boat with shouldthisbeyours ... losing potential business, income, & credibility on eBay.

I cite this passage from Mr. Green's statement:
"We have redundant systems and very extensive processes that aim to minimize the risk of outages like this one, but no system is bulletproof.

We're doing everything in our power to restore the site ASAP, and we won't stop until that's been done."

So Auctiva has all those powerful systems & has been working to restore their website non-stop for almost 12 hours?

CLEARLY, the Auctiva website systems & processes are NOT bulletproof - I'm envisioning something more like a bullseye than something that was designed to be bulletproof.

And I'm envisioning Auctiva's management & tech teams as being more like Keystone Cops than professionals that we can count on to keep our data - or anything else - safe.

I'm wondering if Auctiva will offer its paying clients anything for the damages they are causing other than excuses & apologies & empty promises?

If anyone knows alternative websites to Auctiva that are easy to use, dependable & store data considerably longer than eBay does, PLEASE post the links here.

Thanks
So, does anyone know what the problem actually was? (Just curious.)

Missed all our Sunday night listings so will do them tomorrow for just 5 days (instead of seven) to keep something going this week. Might be some good buys as we have some nice things this week and two less days for bidders to find them. solution2852

Time zone here (Australian Eastern Standard Time) is 17 hours ahead of Auctive time zone which puts restore time about midnight Sunday for us.

Jeff

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.