Skip to main content

I've posted comments on other threads but perhaps this warrants a new entry.

Ever since the most recent Auctiva malware problems I have been noticing the site is extremely slow. I use cable internet, Windows XP Pro. I keep my cache cleaned out regularly, have all the updates to Windoes, spyware, etc, etc. and have tried using the latest versions of Opera, Internet Explorer and Firefox. So I thought maybe it was the amount of traffic on the site - but early a.m. - mid-day - late night - always the same slowness. So no matter what, I cannot get back to the lightening fast speed I enjoyed before the most recent site issues.

The fact that fact Auctiva is the only site that seems to run slow leads me to believe something is amiss....

Still...the price is right and I will continue to use Auctiva, primarily for the great photo support, but this slowdown is a pain especially since things were so fast just a few weeks ago.

Has anyone else noticed this slow down???

MEC
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Oh yeah, noticed it too. But at least we got something, unlike a few weeks ago. I am having trouble with spell check and getting errors sometimes with I do a listing and then hit save. And like you said the site is very slow also. I just put in a Help Request. Don't think it's going to actually go through though. I've been waiting about 5 minutes for it to submit. Others having these troubles?
Yeah, I need my spell check. I'm sure lot's of folks that are viewing my listings are saying the same thing. Confused
Yeah, things were better a few weeks ago, but they had that Malware problem, and that messed everything up. I know they worked around the clock trying to get that fixed. But they still have a few bugs to work out.
I'm looking forward to it all getting fixed too. Until then, I guess we are going to have to work around the bugs.
I've put in a request also for the spell check and got the following reply from Auctiva: " We don't offer it right now, so my suggestion is to use your dictionary! "
OMG, that would be a nightmare for me when listing as I'm not the greates speller and who owns a dictionary anymore? Think mine is buried somewhere in a drawer in my house. Looks as though I'll have to dig around and find it. LOL
Yeah, spell check has been around as long as I've been with Auctiva. It's in the Item Description. There is a litte icon that says "ABC" with a check underneath it. You click on it now, and you get "Page Cannot Be Found"
As for the slowness...It comes and goes. Sometimes it's fine and sometimes its not. Sometimes I'll hit save, and it gives me an error message.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.