Skip to main content

I've got 3 listings that I can't get to post. (And this is not the "API error").

When I try to post them now, it says they are scheduled to post immediately. Then after a few hours, they cancel because it took too long. This happened all yesterday. This morning, I tried again and it looks like the same thing is going to happen.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

It seems to be selective because I posted a few other listings yesterday and they went up just fine.

Thanks, Roxi
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well, I've figured out my "problem"...

If my listing has a particular picture in it, the listing will not post. If I remove that picture, the listing posts fine. The picture is my company logo. I have it in many listings already posted, and I haven't changed it for months and months, so I don't know why this is happening.

Auctiva is great, but I wish that someone would contact me to let me know why this is happening. Even a simple "we don't know how to fix it, but we recognize you are having a problem" would be great. Just something to let me know that you have acknowledged my problem.
i am not 'from Auctiva' but i'm pretty sure that this error is related to the problem that E-BAY has been having that they have yet to fix (and aren't sure when it will be fixed)

from what i understand it has nothing to do with Auctiva. it is happening with all third party launching services.

i had one listing with this error yesterday and i checked E-BAY and the listing had actually posted so i would be careful and check on E-BAY before rescheduling or relaunching.
Thanks for your suggestion, but let me clarify that this is NOT the API thing. My listings are not posting at all, and I am NOT getting the API error. When I remove one particular picture from my listings, they post fine.

So it seems to have something to do with the picture. However, I have many aucions running which have this particular picture, and they are running fine and the picture is showing fine. So I'm at a loss.
Hi cakethings,

Were you receiving the message to the effect of "There is an image in your description tha tis located on your computer...."?

If so, then your company logo is located on your computer and has not been uploade into Auctiva. The reason for the error message is because, since the image is on your computer, you'd be able to see it when it's posted, but nobody else would.

To remedy this situation, just add your company logo using the Freetiva image button on the design editor(it has a yellow icon with a mountain on it) and it should post successfully.

If this is not the situation you're experiencing, I apologize.

-Mike
quote:
for your suggestion, but let me clarify that this is NOT the API thing. My listings are not posting at all, and I am NOT getting the API error. When I remove one particular picture from my listings, they post fine.

No, the image is already uploaded here and I've been using it in my auctions for months.

When I try to post, it schedules the listing to post immediately. Then after about 2 hours, it cancels the posting, with a message that it "took too long" or something to that extent.

Very confusing. All the rest of my pictures appear to be fine.
Hi Jeanie,

I checked your account and notice you have had 2 listings that have failed to post and the folllowing error message was returned: "Not Posted in Time".

This is a non-specific error message generated in response to a communication error between Auctiva and eBay.

You should be able to post these listings successfully without making any changes.

-Mike
I tried create from similar, same problem. I then when directly to Ebay to list it by cutting and pasting the info and the first time I got a weird message from Ebay about a problem with an Add On program and it closed down my Ebay. I tried it again and got them both listed on Ebay. All my other auctions seem to be uploading okay, Maybe there was just some kind of problem with the picture or code in the listing. Thanks for your help.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.