Skip to main content

Hi

I am new to Auctiva and have a few questions.

1) I am an eBay business seller, therefore my insertion fees should be 10p (UK) however, when I have set up a new listing in Auctiva and calculated eBay fees, I am being charged 40p which is the standard insertion fee for a personal seller.

2) Can I add a template to my imported listings or do I need to ened the item and set up as new. If the latter what is the best way of doing this for minimum listing downtime?

3) Can I change the products on the item scroller? at the moment the only items showing are the ones that I am not wanting to promote as much as others.

4) Finally When I click on an item in the Auctiva scroller it takes me to the Auctiva Emporium that I have as part of the trial. I would like it to take customers to my eBay store page. How do I do this?

Many thanks for your time and help.

Simon
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Simon,

Thanks for giving Auctiva a try!

1)The “Estimate eBay Fees” tool on our site is designed to take into account the insertion fee discounts made available to eBay store subscribers, but it looks like it is not currently able to factor in the additional discounts that are given to Business Sellers such as yourself.

I updated your eBay store status in our system to see if that would resolve the problem and this tool is now estimating the eBay fees for regular fixed price listings as £0.20 as if you were a Basic Store subscriber, but I'll have to bring this up with our development team to see about adjusting this tool to handle Business Seller discounts appropriately.

Regardless of this particular issue with the "Estimate eBay Fees" tool on our site, you can still go ahead and post listings to eBay through Auctiva and you will be charged the correct amount by eBay based on your seller status. While this tool is intended to help estimate what your eBay fees will be, it does not actually impact how much eBay will charge you.

2) It is certainly possible to revise your existing eBay listings to include Auctiva templates and other design features without ending them, but doing so does effectively require recreating each listing from scratch using the Auctiva design tools and then applying those designs to the active listings using eBay's Revise your Item form, so it may not be as quick and easy as you may have hoped.

If you decide to review your existing active eBay listings in this manner, you should be able to do so via the following step by step process:

a) Recreate the listing in Auctiva and click "Save". Since you will only be revising the item description, it is only necessary to fill out the “Item Details” section of the lister page.
b) Once you have finished, click the "Save" button.
c) Return to your Saved Listings page and click the <HTML> icon next to the listing.
d) Highlight and copy the HTML that appears in the pop-up window.
e) Visit the item on eBay and click the “Revise your item” link.
f) Scroll down about 1/3 the page to the “Description” section and click the "HTML" tab on the editor.
g) Delete the HTML that is already there, paste the copied HTML in its place, and save your changes.

3) Yes, if you would like to promote certain items in your scrolling gallery, you can do so my mousing over the “Stores” tab, selecting the “Manage Items” option, and then marking those items as “Featured” on that page. As long as you do not have more than 16 items marked as “Featured” at any given time, all your featured items should show in the scrolling gallery.

Similarly, if there are items that you do not want to show up within your scrolling gallery for some reason, you can make that happen by marking those items as “Hidden” on your Manage Items page.

If you mark items as either “Featured” or “Hidden” in this section of your account, you should see the results in your scrolling gallery the next time that is refreshes, which it does automatically about every 2 to 4 hours.

4) It is not currently possible to make the “Click here to browse all our eBay items!” link in your scrolling gallery point to your eBay store page but, if you would prefer not to send users to your Auctiva Emporium, you could potentially remove that link from your scrolling gallery entirely.

If you would like to remove that link from your scrolling gallery, you will first want to mouse over the “Stores” tab within your account and select the “Customize” option under “Scrolling Gallery”. Then from the ensuing page, just click the “Text & Placement” tab, delete the content of the “Bottom Text” field and save your changes.

I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance with your account, please feel free to contact our customer support team by mousing over the “Help” tab within your account and selecting the “File Support Case” option.

-Mike
I am a UK business seller with eBay. In the insertion fees section on eBay for business sellers it says that Auction to 99p is 10p, and all BIN listings cost 40p. But, personal aution sellers pay 0p, I thought.
Can you clarify how you get your fees as a seller to be what you have stated?
I have newly returned to eBay selling after a couple of years and have been quite confused by changes that have taken place in those youears.
Thanks,
Izzy
Hi Izzy,

Thanks for following up with us about this. The "Estimate eBay Fees" tool on our website is not currently equipped to estimate the fees that are available specifically to Business Sellers, but we hope to be able to update that tool to correctly estimate Business Seller fees with a future update of our site.

Even though this tool on our site is unable to recognize that you are eligible for the special Business Seller rates, you can still proceed to post your items to eBay through Auctiva and you will be charged correctly by eBay based on your account status.

I apologize for any confusion this may have caused, but I hope this information allows you to move forward. If you need any further assistance with your account, please feel free to contact our customer support team by mousing over the "Help" tab and selecting the "File Support Case" option.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.