Skip to main content

Eek Confused Mad I can no longer get into Auctiva now. No matter what I do. I get the following You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.auctiva.com home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer
Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /listings/listerdone.aspx

I have cleared Temp files, cookies and history. Only place I can reach is the board, and then only thru my EMail. Is this the same problem, or is something new happening to me. I really want this to work for me. Please Auctiva, HELP ME!!!!
Darlene, The Fairy Odd Mother @ Once Upon A Find
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That is one wierd error message.

In your web browser type in by hand www.auctiva.com

Don't use a bookmark or anything else. You shouldn't be getting that error message. Strange.

In all honesty I'd be like 99.99% sure something is wrong with your computer on that one. I just have never seen an error like that and can't even imagine how that kind of thing would happen. Of course 99.99% leaves a 1 in 1000 chance of it being something here, but very unlikely.
With your wonderful and very gracious help. I now have the problem fixed. Still have not heard from them if they fixed anything on their end, but I shut down my firewall and everything else I could think of and I got in. Not only that, but got three saved listings posted. Wow, hope it all goes well today. Had to practically pry information out of them. I do sincerely thank you so much for your assistance. What a Prince you are.
Big Grin DEar Jeff, Good news this morning. With help from support, I shut down all of the things I could think of that might be causing the error on my end. And Bingo, I think it was my firewall. I now can get in, see pictures, and even post. I am one happy FairyOddMother this morning. I do thank you for your help. For your info, you have a great group of users. I never would have gotten thru with out them. My special thanks to simco (Paul) in UK. He has stuck with me thru the whole thing. Wish me luck.Plan on doing alot of listing today.
Very good news. I do want you turing your firewall back on though! It's not safe on the internet without a firewall.

If that causes you not to get back to our site again then there are fixes for that and you can turn it off temporarily again to work with our support to figure those settings out so that you can leave it on and still use our site with it on.
I wanted to let you know that I'd noted from several other message boards I read..

Some of the popular package internet suites with virus/firewall etc just had an upgrade of sorts which is keeping folks from getting into quite a few sites online.

You might have to check and see what the latest updates are and if those updates are the ones that did away with your previous preferences to allow entering the Auctiva site.

My Best,
Donna

(Do as Jeff says, NEVER surf the internet on cable modem without a firewall..it's dangerous for your computer)

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.