Skip to main content

I got a weird email in my spam folder, it says it is from ebay keywords, only thing is I haven't signed up for keywords. I'm not sure if it is real spam, since gmail does a good job of telling the difference, but I'm a bit miffed. If it is ebay, it upsets me that if I go visit a page on their site they are watching and sending me unsolicted email? Although I don't remember visting the keyword page, at all.

quote:
Thank you for visiting eBay Keywords!

We would love to help make eBay Keywords a successful part of your eBay game plan. You can join thousands of other eBay sellers in using eBay Keywords to send buyers to your Stores and listings - and increase sales as a result! It will be our pleasure to help you every step of the way. If you need assistance in setting up your first eBay Keywords campaign, please feel free to contact us via eBay Keywords Customer Support.

Through eBay Keywords, eBay Sellers can place advertisements for their eBay Store or product above the usual eBay listings in the form of a text box or banner ad. The auction-based, pay-per-click system enables eBay Sellers to decide how much they are willing to pay-per-click per keyword, and allows eBay Sellers to see what other eBay Sellers are currently bidding on the same keywords. Additionally, eBay Keywords offers experienced service and account support for any questions or concerns that may arise.

Some of the highlights of the eBay Keywords program are:
1. Drive qualified buyers to your listings or eBay Store
2. Pay as little as $.10 when a buyer clicks on your ad. If there are no clicks, your ad is free!
3. Rise above all the other sellers on the same page.

To get started, please click the button below.

We look forward to providing you with the most effective advertising available on eBay!

Sincerely,
eBay Keywords Team
© Copyright 2003 adMarketplace. All rights reserved.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

if it's not spam, then it's a spoof and the "click here" takes you to a fake ebay site.

forward it to spoof@ebay Wink

it wouldnt surprise me one bit if ebay does send spam based upon parts of site you visit. theyve got their site so loaded down with tracking stuff... Theyre tracking every click that each of us does (which is a bit unnerving and annoying to think that theyre spying like that) I can understand paying attention to customer behavior to improve the site, but to do it to send spam based on what you clicked is annoying, at the least. Kinda like if you walked into a Wal-mart, went to the housewares section and looked at a crockpot and the next day found flyers in your mailbox from wal-mart's housewares department.
Lisa...
You don't have the eBay "foolbar" do you?

I think you know that's nothing but spyware...tracking your moves, too.

Steve, you're right there's so much tracking info just on the site itself.

Remember this link? It shows all the scripts and such that eBay is using that slows your computer down.

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=rockboss2000

Hope this helps somebody.

Lisa..also you can look at the headers and know where it came from. If ever in question, email to spoof/spam and get an answer back from them. Hover the mouse or right click copy shortcut and paste it into another window. That should tell you the whereabouts of the origin of the email.

Take care, Donna

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.