Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by wahm922:
You do all know you are not really talking to BF. He already said it wasn't him over here Wink

Whether it's biggredd or a BF wannabe I have no desire to speak with either one. Hopefully, BF will stay with his beloved, SpareDollar. Hope springs eternal. Besides, we have customer support here and don't need his special brand of 'help'.
quote:
Originally posted by Magie Noire:
quote:
Originally posted by wahm922:
You do all know you are not really talking to BF. He already said it wasn't him over here Wink

Whether it's biggredd or a BF wannabe I have no desire to speak with either one. Hopefully, BF will stay with his beloved, SpareDollar. Hope springs eternal. Besides, we have customer support here and don't need his special brand of 'help'.

Well said and I agree with you
The Front is Here and temps are dropping little by little every time I walk outside.

I left to take Hannah to school with the same temperature we've been having...

By the time I got home..less than eight minutes..the temp had dropped.

I just went out to water my plants/shrubs and the temps have dropped again.

Stupid Floridians! <smile> We get excited over temps predicted to be in the 50s.

Have a fun day with the babies Danielle.
Donna
It's not a contest..which is what I've been saying all along.

If person's would just use business sense to find what works for them and move along instead of only viewing it as a chatting forum..then that would be different.

Just because "they" can't let it be..doesn't mean I can't.

I haven't even worded my review of Sparedollar after two years of service. And probably won't until the dust clears.

With the numbers SD has lost..and the way the reviews are pulling up on the internet, it's a matter of time. If it works for those that stayed..I'm fine with it. <shrug> Each to his own, just respect my choice is all I've ever wanted.

As others discuss and widely....The fact that Tomas is "scared" to put his service back on the forum with eBay for auction development review as it used to be states alot.

I knew the reviews for SD were coming from them..they are over here reading the boards. Or other message boards I belong to..<shrug>

Take care, Donna
Like I really care anyway. I'm so done with that place. I wasn't a frequent boardie over there. I lurked more than I posted, but had my run ins with BF the few times that I did. I think he's Thomas's alter ego.

I'll tell ya'll, I didn't have a problem with the price hike, except that after it was announced the service went to heck, and then they had the nerve to actually go through with the price increase anyway. The decent thing would have been to credit members a month or just postpone the fee increase until all the site issues were resolved. Shame on them, I guess. Frown
Hi Gang!
I just wandered over here today. Was googling and somehow ended up here and recognixed a lot of people Smile
I've been playing with the site for a few hours and I really am liking what I see. Even made a custom template and have copied my pics over to here.
After all the expenses of our cross country move and having taken time off ebay for the move and getting settled in again here, I need to cut my costs.
It's MUCH better than I expected. Hey! Why didn't you guys tell me about this place? Razz Wink
Glad to have found this place and all you missing people Big Grin
I love how we can use different colors to organize our image folders!
Oh my Goodness! Look who found us!

Goodie!

I named the thread this way in hopes that a Google search would bring stray ones in.

Glad to see you join us...we're doing just fine over here and getting along real well.

You'll LOVE customer service here! The guys are great (no offense if you've hired women, ok?).

I've been here for quite some time as have others. I'd have been gone from SD at the end of August had it not been for malicious bidders and I was busy dealing with them.

We couldn't tell many where we were going as the threads would get zapped. Especially after the morning when we woke up and SD was gone...literally <poof> gone. A bill had not been paid and everyone's SD images and more were gone. That finalized the decision for alot to come over here or other venues. Once Sd was back up and running it was discussed how another service had great customer service and actually answered questions and emails. You didn't have to get your answers from members. It just isn't this service either..it's amazing to me that all of we who have looked elsewhere and found other services..found great service at all of them. Anyway...Those threads would get zapped.

It was a harsh month..finger pointing, accusations about how we had no business sense, and persons were made fun of and stated that if we couldn't afford the four dollar increase we shouldn't be selling. <shrug> I made my decision late last spring to leave SD during the late summer months.

It was never a matter of money with we who came here and other places...we wanted customer service and a service that worked. I bear no one ill and have high hopes and wishes for their selling success...I just wish they could have wished the same my way..... <shrug>

Well, it's time I got started on making my holiday pies and casseroles..

Good to see you!

If you need help...the guys are great here.
Honest!

Take care, Donna
Suthrnjewl<----------clueless on HTML

CB (Captain Binghamton) is pretty good at HTML and Danielle (wahm/ecloset) is good, also. It appears carolelliott is good, too. We have some really good minds here Zia...someone will be along soon.

KWK has signed up here also...I'm with her on an auction motivators message board and I can link you if you want. It's where quite a few of we who left SD have gone.

Lemme know!
Donna
Suthrnjewl@Suthrnjewl.com
quote:
Originally posted by tkuhn7:
Greetings!
I never posted much on the boards at SD during the 2+ years I was there. I listed from here for the first time on October 18 (which is probably a common date or time frame). So it has taken me a little over two months to check in.

Have been pleased with service so far.

Best regards,
Tom

Hey Tom!

Good morning!
I remember your posts.

Welcome and nice to see you. Glad to see you're pleased.

If there's anything I can do, or any of us, don't forget to ask.

Happy New Year!
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by dmhcollectibles:
Anyone know how things are going over on SD lately? Any improvements or upgrades? (or support?)

This is heresay..I don't know personally. I don't keep up, there's no need to.

Basically this is what my emails tell me from person's that are still over there and using the beta until the holidays are over or their pre-paid subscriptions are up before making the move.

The beta that was released to everyone was the same beta that others were testing in the spring of 2005. Not many changes to it, I'm told..but I don't know. As I said it's heresay so don't go by me.

Tomas implemented a ticket for help. It's just like the way we have had here all along. I've been told that Merry and others are still answering questions on the boards.

I was told there is no phone number still in which to call for help and that members had to call rackspace recently to get some help. Tomas has made appearances on the board alot more than he used to. I was told that Bill is on hand for writing code..I don't know...as I said this is all heresay.

That's bout all I know. Sorry it's not more info for you.

The emails are mostly family info, checking in and such, very rarely discussed is Sparedollar or Auctiva or any other service. The emails are of a more personal level with news of their family and such.

How'd your Florida Christmas go?
I loved the weather in the 30s on Wednesday...wasn't that great?

Happy New Year,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by swampcrone:
Hi hi- yet another SD person who has decided to break rank- I realized it was time to move on when I found myself using Turbo Lister more then the SD service for listings...

Welcome!
Welcome!
Welcome!

Glad to see you've found you're way over here. If there's anything that you find you need, the customer service is great, just fill out a help ticket and you'll get an answer.

I'm checking out your site right now!

Happy New Year,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
quote:
Anyone know how things are going over on SD lately? Any improvements or upgrades? (or support?)

Basically this is what my emails tell me from person's that are still over there and using the beta until the holidays are over or their pre-paid subscriptions are up before making the move.

The beta that was released to everyone was the same beta that others were testing in the spring of 2005. Not many changes to it, I'm told..but I don't know. As I said it's heresay so don't go by me.

Tomas implemented a ticket for help. It's just like the way we have had here all along. I've been told that Merry and others are still answering questions on the boards.

I was told there is no phone number still in which to call for help and that members had to call rackspace recently to get some help. Tomas has made appearances on the board alot more than he used to. I was told that Bill is on hand for writing code..I don't know...as I said this is all heresay.

The emails are mostly family info, checking in and such, very rarely discussed is Sparedollar or Auctiva or any other service. The emails are of a more personal level with news of their family and such.

Happy New Year,
Donna

Heya Suthern (Donna) - thanks for all the info. I was just curious how things were going over there, is all. I'm a bit surprised to hear that Bill might be back (I thought they had a big falling out long ago), but I *guess* that's good news. I can't believe his customers had to call Rackspace directly, but I heard that elsewhere too so maybe it's true. How sad. Pathetic really. And if the beta is essentially the same as it was a year ago, that's pathetic too. I know from reading the boards over there (when I still could) that many of the beta testers thought it was a piece of cra*. (feel free to supply your own "p" there).

Weather here for Christmas was glorious - high 60s. I don't miss snow, ice, freezing cold even one little bit! Big Grin
There is a story behind this bigfred guy. I just don't know what it is. He is making less and les sense everyday with his biased opinions. I think it's backfiring on him or maybe even SD if they hired him.

For the new comers. I have been using Auctiva for a lot of listings already. There are some issues, but overall, pretty happy with the free service. I can even use Ebay-motor here, which is not an option with SD. Templates are way better here. I don't how long Auctiva has been doing this, but I am sure glad SD did this 85% price increase thing. It did drive me to look around.
quote:
Originally posted by corey321:
Another one working on moving over here. Over at SD there we some discussions about Auctiva but they just disappeared. They were there for at least a day so some people might have found out about this place. Bigfred keeps saying Auctiva has been around 2 years longer but has less listings, don't know why that matters?

Don't try to use logic when reading biggfredd's posts. It's a fruitless venture into a Mr. Know-It-All dimension of ego based rantings. I mean, it's all Microsoft's fault! Everything is Microsoft's fault -- Muwahahahaha! Let biggfredd stay there defending SpareDollar until the end of time.

Frog
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
quote:
Bigfred keeps saying Auctiva has been around 2 years longer but has less listings, don't know why that matters?
I first released Auctiva Poster in early August 1998. That would make us 3 years 2 months older. Why either that or a listing count matters I'm not sure.

Well Jeff, you're right of course, it shouldn't matter one way or another. But what BiggFredd is trying to say in his very inartful and biased way is that since Auctiva is free (I don't think it always has been, has it?), and it's been around longer than SpareDollar (not sure that's true for the free part of Auctiva) then if Auctiva is better than SpareDollar, Auctiva should have more people using it and more listings on eBay.

Err I hope that made sense, it wasn't a very good sentence. Boiled down, if Auctiva's free and better than SD, and been around longer too, then BF thinks there should be a ton more listings on eBay that use Auctiva than the number that use SpareDollar. What he's leaving out is that Auctiva hasn't been free for longer than SD has been around. He often omits important parts in order to make his "point", which is often inaccurate because he leaves so much pertinent information out of his analysis.
quote:
quote:
Bigfred keeps saying Auctiva has been around 2 years longer but has less listings, don't know why that matters?
I first released Auctiva Poster in early August 1998. That would make us 3 years 2 months older. Why either that or a listing count matters I'm not sure.

Ya better watch out there Jeff. Biggfredd might wanna compare your lister to his.
Kinda like a "my lister is bigger than your lister". Eek

Besides, comparing apples to oranges is fruitless. SpareDollar lost my respect both as a 'paying' customer and as a human being a long time ago. SpareDollar could be free, work without a hitch and I still wouldn't use it.

There's something to be said for professionalism and loyalty both of which SpareDollar is lacking.

Enough said.
quote:
quote:
quote:

Happy New Year,
Donna

Heya Suthern (Donna) - thanks for all the info. I was just curious how things were going over there, is all. I'm a bit surprised to hear that Bill might be back (I thought they had a big falling out long ago), but I *guess* that's good news. I can't believe his customers had to call Rackspace directly, but I heard that elsewhere too so maybe it's true. How sad. Pathetic really. And if the beta is essentially the same as it was a year ago, that's pathetic too. I know from reading the boards over there (when I still could) that many of the beta testers thought it was a piece of cra*. (feel free to supply your own "p" there).

Weather here for Christmas was glorious - high 60s. I don't miss snow, ice, freezing cold even one little bit! Big Grin

Hey there!

Glad to see you enjoyed your Florida Christmas. There's another cold front coming in this evening..supposed to be in the 30s. BRRRRRRRR!

On the Bill "thang," it's all heresay. I can't say it's the truth or not as I haven't seen the copy and paste. I'm sure if I asked, I could see it but <shrug> well, the shrug says it all.

The rackspace phone call was verified by a few and was mentioned on a message board elsewhere I belong to with much huffing and puffing from SD members. I don't join in...<shrug> no sense in dwelling on what didn't happen to me.

The way I look at it is this..we have a phone number, it's listed right on this site plus the offer of more phone numbers has been given. There are other persons that belong to different auction management sites (not SD) that have easy access to their management when problems arise..That in and of itself speaks volumes.

Yep, the beta testers have verified the same thing you spoke of..that it's basically the same uploader as last spring. <shrug>

Each to their own is all I've gotta say. Just respect my choice as I respect their choice. (and stop dissing me to boot)

Glad to see you're living warm in FL!
<smile>
Happy New Year!
Donna
quote:
quote:

Jeff!

You passed that 50th posting...I promised you a big pretty smile and here ya go!
<big goofy grin>

Happy New Year with Many Wishes for Continued Success!
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by corey321:
Another one working on moving over here. Over at SD there we some discussions about Auctiva but they just disappeared. They were there for at least a day so some people might have found out about this place. Bigfred keeps saying Auctiva has been around 2 years longer but has less listings, don't know why that matters?

Welcome! Welcome!
If there's anything I or any of the other members can do...don't hesitate to ask.

Plus, as long as I've been here we've had the customer ticket for help and it's worked very smooth.

Enjoy!
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by debkwek:
I have finally moved all my stuff to here Big Grin

Now I am done with sparedollar Big Grin

I went in to post in sparedollar to say goodbuy on to bigger a better place.

I will not miss being there at all!!!!

Welcome, Welcome!
C'mon in!

Glad to see another face from SD migrate over.

If you need any help...drop me a line.

I did note there were alot of exclamation points on your last sentence. <smile>

Happy New Year,
Donna
I just moved over here a bit before Xmas. A gal from Overstock told me about Auctiva, Sade. I love it here, and am glad I found you guys. I have been at SD for 2 years, almost since the beginning. I posted on the boards for a long time, but not much in the last year. Been to busy selling on more then one venue. I already like it much better here at Auctiva. Easy to learn, and nice features. I haven't run into any problems yet? You all sound like a nice group of folks. Smile
Hey you two!

C'mon in...if you need any help, don't fail to ask.

Customer service is great, I've been here since middle summer and others have migrated here during the last few months. If you need help there's always been the ability to fill out a customer help ticket.

There are quite a few of we migrators here..we're busy getting up auctions and having a life! <wink>

Drama? SD boards? Nahhhhhhhhhh...hard to believe! We don't have drama. Plain & Simple, no drama..we're too busy life and trying to sell to make mooooooolah! <smile>

Good Luck & Best Wishes for Green,
Donna
Thanks for the warm welcome donna. I was brighteyes on SD. You might remember me. I used to post alot when I was new over at SD, and kept it up for a long time all through out the upgrades that lasted like forever LOL! Remember how awful that was?? It started in October, and was horrid for several months. Yeah, I had my times with BF, but I just kind of steered clear of him, and once he accepted me, he left me alone, but he loves to pick on newbies. He can be nice, but his EGO gets in his way. Tomas lets him have free reign. When I 1st joined, Tomas posted quite a bit, and you could email him and get an answer, but from what I am hearing, he is hardly available anymore. Customer service is very important. Seems like help is readily available here. Thanks again for the Welcome! Cool
My 2nd ID is set to expire at the end of this month, so I checked into SD to remove my photos, etc. Just on a lark, I went into the forums. Lo and behold, it's worse than ever.

One thing that's great here at Auctiva (among other things)......the nastiness and ego feeding would be stopped right from the start, so I guess we'll never see the egomaniacs at this site when SD folds. Perhaps that's why one person in particular on SD puts this site down.

Tomas is a sweeheart -- but I'll never understand why he allows the egomaniacs to continue their nonsense on SD. It's truly sad.
quote:
Morning!

You'll have till the eve of the 14th to keep visiting the boards. (if that's your choice)

Never know...you might receive free bonus time offer from Tomas. Even though I think if it's a free bonus time offer, somebody oughta drop an email to the "winner" of this bonus time and let them know.

I was the "lucky" recipient of ALOT longer free time than anybody knew (I have no idea why either, didn't ask 4 it, didn't want it, had everything cleared out & could definitely afford to pay for SD if it had been my choice)

Why Tomas' choice was to offer me free time when there were those who LOVE, LIVE and BREATH SD and to them it was a hardship to come up with nine bucks a month and yet..he gave me free bonus time? It's still puzzling. (I never missed a payment to SD for over 2 years)

Over the years, I'd offered to pay for members who would post on the boards they couldn't pay for their SD subscriptions..he could've/should've give them what I didn't want. I never received answers to my request to pay for fellow members over the years. It just doesn't make sense..I receive free bonus time? When there are others that are needy out there? Doesn't make sense, does it?

Heck, all accusations about returning members using new IDs is silly. Just fodder for fighting or the current "choice" of whose the target. Those discussions could easily be stopped/locked. I know the majority of those slinging around accusations know about IP numbers. Geesh! If it mattered the owner would nip all of those that have IP numbers he doesn't want posting on the board banned.

It's silly and can be nipped in the bud unless stirring of the pot is what is wanted to keep members interested in coming back to view the car wreck postings in a thread.

My choice is to be where the postings are positive in regards to life, my online business and selling. I'm not just talking about this board but other online seller boards I belong to also, OTWA, TULIP Tools, PowerSellersUnite, etc. etc. and of course, Auction Sellers Motivators!!!!

Just my thoughts, it's better to go forth and be around those with a positive outlook than negative.

Now everyone, Get out there and make Moolah.

Best of luck for the New Year and many, many eBay sales!

My wish is that everyone have much green to count.

Peace,
Donna
Last edited by suthrnjewl
Donna. You are so right about having and keeping a positive attitude as much as possible. It does work, and makes one a much happier person to be around,. i used to be such a rebel, but I found out it did me more harm then good. I try to see the good in all things now, and if something doesn't work for me any longer, I just quietly go away, AND I DON'T PUT DOWN WHAT OTHERS CHOOSE TO DO OR NOT DO. I will never understand blind loyalty to any site or auction. It is crazy. This is business to me, and I do what will make the most $$ for me, and try to help out others if I can. Other then that, I try to keep quiet.

Peace!!! Smile
Hi All SD's

I got taken down by Hurricane Rita but plan on starting the New Year here. If I can only slow down long enough to learn this new Site. I am HTML challenged so it is difficult getting all the photo links changed around ... Danielle has been a absolute doll... Thanks!! She converted my SD templates. Big Grin Now I just have to figure out the image url links and I am outta there! Happy to see so many familar people here! Wink

Creole Trader
Jewel - I use to send in extra SD payments and include a note saying who I wanted the money to go to but never received a reply. Bascially, you didn't get any free time per se because you paid for it. None of the subscription gifts I gave were ever received by the people they were intended for, instead they were credited to my account.

As far as the energy at SD/AHL I still feel it's toxic. Even some of the people there that were suppose to be sooooo sweet, weren't really that sweet. It sure pulled me down. Until I was in the slime with some of the best of the worst.

No thanks. That's not who I want to be or the type of people I want in my online life.

A lesson learned.
quote:
Originally posted by brightgems:
Donna. You are so right about having and keeping a positive attitude as much as possible. It does work, and makes one a much happier person to be aroundI just quietly go away, AND I DON'T PUT DOWN WHAT OTHERS CHOOSE TO DO OR NOT DO. I will never understand blind loyalty to any site or auction. It is crazy. This is business to me, and I do what will make the most $$ for me, and try to help out others if I can. Other then that, I try to keep quiet.

Peace!!! Smile

This was a purely business based decision to me. I wanted a site that could implement the changes eBay threw in such as eBay motors, categories, and more.

I wanted upgrades to a service more than once every 2 years and not empty promises.

I wanted a customer service that answered questions. I didn't want them to be my buddie or my pal...I wanted the service addressing my problems.

I took the affiliate links outta my emails and ME page last spring because I was tired of explaining why the site didn't work. How embarrassing it was to send them to the boards for answers. They would look for customer service and then only find members. That didn't speak well.

I wanted a service that members didn't have to call rackspace to get answers about problems.

When and if this site doesn't suit my needs, I'll find another and if it has a fee, so be it. It was NEVER about the money!

As long as this service keeps up with what my needs are as a consumer, that is the bottom line. It has nothing to do with money...oh no it doesn't. I also don't think they understand how this site works either..and won't take the time to investigate either.

But to stay with a service that isn't up to date or can't handle the curves eBay throws doesn't show good business sense it just shows loyalty to a buddy or pal.

I guess that explains my "free bonus" extra time with SD. There were months I would send in extra with a note to donate this much overage to cover so and so's payment. <shrug> It's no big deal.

I never begrudged a single person about their choice to stay with the service, yet, when I stated I was outta there..suddenly this woman who used to be considered pretty knowledgable by those on the help boards, became viewed as a dunce. (even though I have background in accounting and business managment) <shrug>

And yet, they still sling barbs at those that have not only come here but other services that suit their needs. Why? What possible reason are they so obsessed with what our business choices are?

I wish nothing but good health, much joy and and even more green to everyone!

A positive outlook is wished to all!

WELCOME CREOLE! WELCOME BRIGHTGEMS! (yes I do remember you)

Enjoy life!

Peace out,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Creole:
Hi All SD's

I got taken down by Hurricane Rita but plan on starting the New Year here. If I can only slow down long enough to learn this new Site. I am HTML challenged so it is difficult getting all the photo links changed around ... Danielle has been a absolute doll... Thanks!! She converted my SD templates. Big Grin Now I just have to figure out the image url links and I am outta there! Happy to see so many familar people here! Wink

Creole Trader

Thanks for joining my Yahoo 360..any other takers? You're all welcome to join..it's for cross-selling/advertising online sellers.

Where are you located now? Did you go back? And you're well? Loved ones well?

Blessings, Donna
Hi Donna,

I am still on Indian Bay in Lake Charles. I am well and thankfully have a FEMA Blue Roof over my head. As I type this I am just now getting the yard in "better" order. My father is 85 and I have been trying to take care of him, his property and a neighbor who is 95 that we have thankfully just got into a FEMA Trailer across the street. Every day is an adventure and you don't know what the priority will be or how long it will take to solve the priority of the moment.

All my family and loved ones including the Geese and Ducks made it thru the hurricane. Check my blog for a spectacular sunset the other day. Things are slowly getting better. I will be adding other photos as time progresses.

For "Sad" Hurricane photos of the area... you can check out the following link.

Hurricane Photos

I would be happy for anyone interested to link to my 360. I think it is a great marketing and advertising tool. Currently I am selling items in my Store but, hopefully Monday or Tuesday I can settle down and learn how to list with Auctiva. Thanks for you concern an Interest.
quote:
Suthrnjewl I have just opened my Yahoo 360. how do I get included in yours:

http://360.yahoo.com/debkwek

Hey Deb,

I thought you were already on there..hmmmmm.
Isn't it Debsherenow? Nope..I see it's the debkwek.

I just sent you an invite.

When viewing my 360 you can issue an invite also.

So glad to have you ask me to join yours.
This is turning into a nice cross-selling tool.

Peace, Donna
quote:
Hey Donna or anyone else Wink

I don't mean to sound stupid but I guess if the shoe fits ....

what is a Yahoo 360???

I'm all for cross-selling tools and other marketing outlets!!

Click the link in my sig...the one that states Yahoo 360.

If you've heard of Myspace.com this is similar but via Yahoo. I had a space with Myspace set up for cross-selling..but <rolling eyes> with the exception of five kids that are friends of my children, the only other persons that wanted to add me as a contact were males looking for "other" interests besides online selling. (if you catch my drift)

Click my link and you'll see what my site looks like and all the others that have been invited or ask me to invite them and view theirs..it is an ever bigger circle that will continue to grow.

Beautiful FL day, right?
Happy Golfing!
Donna
quote:
Thanks suthrnjewel can you tell me how I can put my own banner in I have tryed but I have a (gif)image a they don't accept that how do I change my image to what they accept.

Have you tried Irfanview? It's a freebie photo manipulation software tool. Google Irfanview and you'll find it.

Or you can email me the logo and I'll see if I can get it switched over..ok?

Peace, Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Binghamton:
quote:
the only other persons that wanted to add me as a contact were males looking for "other" interests besides online selling. (if you catch my drift)
Well, if they saw the same photos that I did when I clicked on your link, I can see where they probably thought they'd come to the right place. Wink

CB
"Make war, then love."

<smile>
You mean these pictures you silly man!

First My Full Body Shot
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/0/6/4/6/6/webimg/4415920_o.jpg

Then my face and hair pic:
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/0/6/4/6/6/webimg/4415922_o.jpg

Then a close up so they could see the color of my eyes:
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/0/6/4/6/6/webimg/4415923_o.jpg

And of course, I don't know what I was thinking uploading a pic of me from the back:
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/0/6/4/6/6/webimg/4415921_o.jpg

Such a hussie..with those inviting pics of myself! <smile>

Tee Hee,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by jivemofo:
EX-sparedollar member here. I just joined Auctiva in the last few days and cannot be believe how great it is!! It seems that this place has all the service and professionalism we were crying out for over at SD!!

I only wish it'd found out about it before Paying SD for 6 months in advance Frown

Hey There!

Oh no! Not six months in advance!

Welcome!

I'm glad you found us.

Auctiva keeps up with the curves that eBay changes to their site that we were told wasn't able to be done.

Customer Service here is great. Service tickets are answered promptly. Answers aren't dependent upon customers of the service..but by their many technicians. I know they've added so very many servers that it's speedy.

Suggestions are acknowledged respectfully and if it's doable then they will work it into the system. If it's not, Auctiva will tell you the why's it can't be implemented. There's a new version coming out this spring, when they say a new version is coming...it will be delivered.

They know how to write code here and that makes me secure that they can keep up with eBay's changes..daily.

There's a phone number listed to call the service, not rackspace..but the service. There are techs hanging around most of the time, in case a ticket is filled out and needs to be answered. (which is my preferred means of getting an answer)

There's more I could say..but I'll let you figure it out on your own.

I tried to tell others (and others tried to make mention also) that a smart business move is to be where a service works for you, not the other way around, but my threads got pulled.

I named this thread the way it's named in the hopes that a Google search would bring in stragglers.

Good Luck!
Much Moolah is wished your way!
Happy Green New Year!
I'm now a Rookie rather than a Newbie! woohoo!! Frog

I was looking a the templates tonight and getting headaches. The auctions I imported pulled in my current template, which I can keep using, cuz it's mine and not property of a listing service, but I've been thinking about changing it. I kinda like how it is set up elsewhere that I can change the template and it's instantly changed in everything from them on. I'm sure I can do that here, just have to figure it out...

There are some very pretty templates to choose from. But so many of my favorites have just one big box, rather than the description and shipping/payment zones I have grown fond of.

I will fiddle more another day. At least I don't have a ticking clock to figure out if this will work for me, like a free trial of an expensive service that I'd better use and like by day 14 Red Face

Awww, no devil smiley. I'll miss that one here.
quote:
Originally posted by starrynight:
I'm now a Rookie rather than a Newbie! woohoo!! Frog
I kinda like how it is set up elsewhere that I can change the template and it's instantly changed in everything from them on. I'm sure I can do that here, just have to figure it out...

There are some very pretty templates to choose from. But so many of my favorites have just one big box, rather than the description and shipping/payment zones I have grown fond of.

I will fiddle more another day. At least I don't have a ticking clock to figure out if this will work for me, like a free trial of an expensive service that I'd better use and like by day 14 Red Face

Awww, no devil smiley. I'll miss that one here.

Hey There!

As far as YOUR personal template you'd like to convert...here's the stickie

https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6881044121/m/1251067521

I know Danielle/WAHM, Carolelliott, CaptainBinghamton and so many more are good at doing what you need as far as using the tags needed.

Here's the link to the Templates Forum
https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/6881044121

Note that they have contests here where there's money involved for desiging templates. Pretty Kewl, huh? Not only does this service acknowledge those who make templates but they also want them to be acknowledged via $$$$.

Also the customer service/tech is on the ball. If you drop them a customer help ticket it will get acknowledged and/or there's a phone number to call.

Take your time, look around and enjoy the service, you're on no time schedule.

Peace, Donna
I don't get this having to move season. You don't need to move. Just finish what ever you've got there and at the same time do your new listings and photos on Auctiva. Hey, it does not cost a thing to start working on Auctiva. When you are done with old photos and listing on SD, then you shut it down. So I don't think moving is an issue, because no moving is needed. I do think people having become comfortable with something and don't want to go through the trouble to learn a new thing is. In another word - lazy. Or they just LOVE SD to give it $9.00 a month for whatever reason.
quote:
You do have to MOVE when you list the same ads over and over. If I sold different items every time, then, yeah, moving would be super-easy!

Alright, I'm one of those that list the same ads over and over on this ID.

I had 800+ ads saved at the "other selling venue."

When Auctiva imported 400+ auctions that were running on eBay that solved the majority of my work.

But with 400+ auctions still to be moved... plain ole hard work, perseverance and diligence got the rest of my ads over here.

Sure it's hard work. But dilly-dallying isn't going to get everything gone if that's what a person truly wants to do.

I'm not begrudging anyone of their choice, I just don't happen to follow the reasoning.

I can speak from experience..
I did it with ALOT of auctions.

My motivation?

As if getting away from a service that couldn't keep up with updates to eBay's system wasn't enough? There are many more reasons.

For all the griping that was ever done bout it from others..that's eBay's perogative..to make changes to their site. It's the auction management site to keep up with eBay. Not vice versa.

I also knew before I left that the API for Sparedollar isn't updated for the upcoming months with eBay. Not good. Just do a search and find that any service that doesn't have the correct API updated, is going to be dead in the water. And Sparedollar isn't known for keeping up to date...you have to agree with that statement. Heck, it's members are still calling Rackspace to get the service to work some mornings.

The beta is still the same beta that came out last spring to beta testers and issued for use to all in the late fall of this year. Those same testers say almost nine months later that it's still the same beta they were testing last year with the same burps. Uh...yeah...and this is supposed to be a good sign that the increase in the monthly charge that was issued is actually going for the upgrades?

I had planned on leaving long before the announcement to raise prices came...I was 3/4 of the way done. It was just the inaneness of those spouting that we didn't have good business sense leaving Sparedollar.

There's plenty more..but no need in beating a dead horse.

Just let me assure you..the moving can be done, cuz I did it and it wasn't just 10 or 50 auctions but hundreds.

Peace,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by dwangel:
In another word - lazy. Or they just LOVE SD to give it $9.00 a month for whatever reason.

ALOT will pay nine dollars a month to chat on the toxic message boards, it's not the laziness factor in their case, it's an addiction to whatever the heck drama someone is having or causing.

When goodness gracious, if someone were smart they'd open a free message board..it's not that hard. Send everyone an invite and be done with paying the nine dollars a month.

Tomas is smart not to delete alot of those posts as it's like a car wreck and others will break neck to spend time watching the finger pointing and just general embarrassment that the AHL drops to at times.

I ascertained long ago that there were those addicted to the boards and no matter whether Tomas updated his software or not or kept raising prices they would gladly pay to just to be able to visit the soap opera so-called The AHL.

<shrug>
For me?
I don't have IM'ers and belong to very few message boards...such for two reasons. One is those that need to get me a message can email me or phone me. The other? IM'ers, Message Boards and such are a drag on my business time on the computer when I could be making moolah, that's just the way I am. I only visit message boards which have to do with my online business AND motivational to me or for health reasons besides that. This box called a monitor in front of me is for making money.

Plus, there are members with Sparedollar like Bobby1313131313131313 who has enough monthly referrals that he could probably hang out for months with SD and Bobby? He's works hard at his online business and he takes great care with his business and every aspect of it. I on the other hand stopped with the referral links for free months in spring of last year and took any and all links off my ME page at the same time, too.

Just my two cents,
Donna
Good points, Donna.

I guess I should just admit that I'm lazy Eek

And that was a big part of it. That and I was cramming ebay in along with working 6 days a week elsewhere, and I just didn't have the time/motivation to change things. Now I am doing the exploration of other options that I had intended to do long ago. Some of the ones that had looked good initially didn't seem like they were that much better to justify the additional price.

I'm loving the way auctiva handled some new auctions I created Smile

I was scared of this site because of a bad experience with it years ago. It seems to be a whole new site. I am still fearful that it will start costing money after I've got all my stuff here... (Any official comments anywhere on whether it will always be free, or what?)
quote:
Good points, Donna.

I guess I should just admit that I'm lazy Eek

And that was a big part of it. That and I was cramming ebay in along with working 6 days a week elsewhere, and I just didn't have the time/motivation to change things. Now I am doing the exploration of other options that I had intended to do long ago. Some of the ones that had looked good initially didn't seem like they were that much better to justify the additional price.

I'm loving the way auctiva handled some new auctions I created Smile

I was scared of this site because of a bad experience with it years ago. It seems to be a whole new site. I am still fearful that it will start costing money after I've got all my stuff here... (Any official comments anywhere on whether it will always be free, or what?)

Here's an official comment from Jeff (the CEO) on this thread.

https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/107...921069441#4921069441

There's also a quasi-explanation why this site is free and where the revenues come from. Which alot don't know, they just assume that it's free but they have revenues.

There are also other auction management services that are great...we have an open discussion about them with Auction Sellers Motivators message board if you wanna join us..just let me know and I'll link you to the site. VERY motivational..not chatty, catty or any meanness..just plain ole get up off'n your butt and sell, sell, sell mind-set.

Hope this helps!
I'm an email away if you need me..
Donna

quote:
always be free
I want to be clear that I've never said always, forever, or any other word that means endlessly free. It's a business and so I would like to make a profit eventually. Right now it's not doing as well as it could because everyone turns off checkout because eBays API doesnt support the same features as they do on their site for checkout, primarily combined invoices. This crippled version of checkout they provide for API users is probably worse than not even using it at all. I'm certain we'll have greater success after we release our new features that include our own checkout and combined shipping. I completely understand people turing off our checkout at this point and would probably do the same myself if I made my living selling on eBay. I can't expect anyone to use our insurance and checkout in its current state but I am hoping people will use it and the insurance once we offer combined shipping.

eBay is considering going back on it's word again concerning another feature which we'd planned on releasing shortly that would have offered us a great revenue stream. We're still waiting on their final decision on that as they bicker internally over it. And of course we still plan on rolling out product warranty in supported categories in the future. Most likely that will happen when we release our combined shipping version of checkout.

I believe I can make a profit and still offer the product for free, but that remains to be seen as there are still many things left to be done. My degree was in Computer Science, not busienss. Smile eBays wrenchs are slightly messing up our plans because they cant make up their minds about a product which I've spent a considerable amount of money and time to build, which they said was ok to build, and now which they are reconsidering is ok or not. I should have known better because when they are planning to screw you they wont ever put it in writing, lol.

Enjoy the freeness, there are no plans to change that right now. I've given away Mr. Poster our bulk listing desktop software for free for almost 3 years, and our Showcase gallery feature has been free since we invented and launched that feature in September 2000. So over 5 years now. At this point I'm focused on our phase 2 release, and adding more revenue streams. That's probably a good year worth of work right now.
quote:
quote:
always be free
I want to be clear that I've never said always, forever, or any other word that means endlessly free. It's a business and so I would like to make a profit eventually.

And I still stand by what I said months ago Jeff..I'd pay for the service. The service has gone just that smooth for me. Even if it's for the pizza and beer slush fund. <smile>
quote:

Right now it's not doing as well as it could because everyone turns off checkout because eBays API doesnt support the same features as they do on their site for checkout, primarily combined invoices. This crippled version of checkout they provide for API users is probably worse than not even using it at all. I'm certain we'll have greater success after we release our new features that include our own checkout and combined shipping. I completely understand people turning off our checkout at this point and would probably do the same myself if I made my living selling on eBay. I can't expect anyone to use our insurance and checkout in its current state but I am hoping people will use it and the insurance once we offer combined shipping.

Thanks for the clarification on the reasoning on the current state of check out and the other updates that you're working on. What gives me confidence as a previous SD member is that you do make statements to your users as to where Auctiva stands and the decisions that you must make in order for the service to work smooth for we the consumers.
quote:

eBay is considering going back on it's word again concerning another feature which we'd planned on releasing shortly that would have offered us a great revenue stream.I should have known better because when they are planning to screw you they wont ever put it in writing, lol.

DUH! <smile>
quote:

At this point I'm focused on our phase 2 release, and adding more revenue streams. That's probably a good year worth of work right now.

I've got several that are waiting in the wings to see the workings of Phase II and then will make their final decision to move everything out and away from their current auction management service. (not all inclusive to SD but several others)

Is it possible to have a thread with some of the implemented updates that Auctiva Phase II will have? That might help others to decide whether to hang on or might make the deciding factor easier to leave another service completely once it's rolled out.

Thanks for the heads up Jeff!
Donna
Thanks for the clarification!

I personally don't expect it to always be free...but I hope any fees charged will be reasonable ones.

I am still working my way around the site, seeing what all is on here. I am not seeing anything on an image storage limit, which surprised me. I don't think it would be out of line at some point to charge a small fee for image storage over a certain amount, auction launches over a certain amount, etc.

I've always said I'd rather pay a little more for something that works better and saves me time. But if I can get something that works great for free, I'm sure not complaining! Wink
quote:
Question: How do I make a link or image/link in my signature? Did I goof up on my code, does the forum use different code, or am I just too new to be allowed?

I'm not sure how to do the image/link...but then again..I'm not "all that savvy" when it comes to HTML. <smile>

For using template help, KWK is here, Carolelliott, WAHM92 and CaptainBinghamton and others can help with the tags. Or Magie Noire placed a working guide in the Templates Thread. (it's greek to me <smile>Wink

Good luck,
Donna

http://stores.ebay.com/Starry-Night-Designs?refid=store
Jeff,

I just want to let you know that I am currently sending invoices via Ebay after auction is closed. The reason I use ebay invoicing is that it is flexible. For example, I can change the shipping amount and insurance amount when I send invoice via ebay. This flexibility issue is important because when I do listing, Auctiva automatically forces me to enter an insurance amount purely based on the estimated closing price. Sometimes insurance amount I put in were too low and some times were too high. But Auctiva sends out an invoice right away after auction closes. One time it charged insurance amount to my account with shipping included in the total without even waiting for the customers to pay.

What I do now is that I would put in an estimated insurance amount when I list the item as the lister requires. After auction closes, I send out a correct invoice based on the finally auction price. After the customer pays, I go to Autiva Sales Transation page to purchase insurance, like the one I did today. Some times even this method won't be able for me to purchase insurance through Auctiva. For example, one auction closed at $51.00 and my customer only wanted to purchase a $50 insurance as you can understand why. Because it would cost him another $1.00 just to purchase an extra $1.00 of insurance coverage. Auctiva would only allow me to purchase an insurance coverage from $51 - $100. So I had to buy it from the post office.

Jeff, I am not complaining. I am not that type. I did not even bother to file for a service claim that time even though Auctiva billed me an insurance fee with shipping total included. I just want to let you know that flexibility is a key when you look to fix the check out / insurance purchase process. Hopefully you can continue to make Auctiva go the way you wanted it to go.

Best regards,
quote:
Question: How do I make a link or image/link in my signature? Did I goof up on my code, does the forum use different code, or am I just too new to be allowed?

Hey StarryNight,

When you reply to a thread or start a new one, the text editor that appears has a "url" button at the top. This is what you use when you want to put a link into your comment.
quote:
Originally posted by AngelLisa:
Lmao ... Amen to that, I cant access the boards over there if I wanted too. Eek I got into trouble Frog I promise to behave here though.

Was it the Angel Or the Lisa that gave it away. Razz

I don't know what happened and don't care to know what happpened and please don't leave any intimations of what happened here.

Let's keep any and all negativity away from these boards.

Not that I need to mention this. Auctiva puts up with nothing Lisa and any others that might think twice. Absolutely positively nothing will be tolerated when there are posts that don't follow the guidelines. The thread will be locked immediately by the administrators. I've seen it twice and the persons who run this board are serious about their desire for us to use the forums within the guidelines.

Lisa, if you were locked out of the boards at another venue, then learn from that experience and put your time and energy towards selling!

Just thought I'd give you & everyone else a heads up.

Peace out,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by pitagirl44:
Hi! I'm another migrator from SD. I'm hoping these boards are much more mellow that SD's has been lately. Roll Eyes

Welcome!
Everyone is welcome here.

Glad to see you and if you need any questions answered, there are plenty of techs, customer tickets, phone numbers and live chat to contact.

No drama here..it's not allowed and I thank my lucky stars that the guidelines of a well run forum are kept.

PITA? Does that stand for Pain In The Arse? Or are you as my daughter is...A PETA member.

Just curious!
Peace,
Donna
quote:
quote:
Lmao ... Amen to that, I cant access the boards over there if I wanted too. Eek I got into trouble Frog I promise to behave here though.

I don't know what happened and don't care to know what happpened and please don't leave any intimations of what happened here.

Not that I need to mention this. Auctiva puts up with nothing Lisa and any others that might think twice. Absolutely positively nothing will be tolerated when there are posts that don't follow the guidelines. The thread will be locked immediately by the administrators. I've seen it twice and the persons who run this board are serious about their desire for us to use the forums within the guidelines.

Lisa, if you were locked out of the boards at another venue, then learn from that experience and put your time and energy towards selling!

Peace out,
Donna

Well...it means just what you thought!! (Pain in....) lol That's what my hubby calles me anyway. Big Grin

This is definitely hard to get used to. I think I'll try going thru the tutorial. I need to take small steps first! Wink
quote:
I do have a question. I had a lot of templates that I had saved. Am I allowed to use them here or can I use them here?

I don't want to step on anyone's toes so I thought I'd better ask before I might do something I'm not allowd. Confused

I think that depends on the template and the permissions given with it. Of course, if you purchased it somewhere, then you can use it. Many of the contributors to the template warehouse have given permission to use them here. One that I know has is ecloset/fullmoon

You can always email the designer to ask them.

Someone else may have a better answer than me. And I am still navigating the whole template thing here...there is a forum for help, and some helpful links have been posted for me in the last few pages. I just have some reading to do Smile
quote:
quote:
quote:

Peace out,
Donna

Well...it means just what you thought!! (Pain in....) lol That's what my hubby calles me anyway. Big Grin

This is definitely hard to get used to. I think I'll try going thru the tutorial. I need to take small steps first! Wink

Auctiva has an online class for learning a slightly different way of uploading auctions.

Send a customer ticket in and ask about it. I'm sure they'll hold one for everyone!

Ask and ye shall receive!
Donna
quote:
I do have a question. I had a lot of templates that I had saved. Am I allowed to use them here or can I use them here?

I don't want to step on anyone's toes so I thought I'd better ask before I might do something I'm not allowd. Confused

Yep!
Magie Noire placed a tutorial on the templates thread that is step by step.

Good Luck,
Donna
quote:
Hi Suthrnjewl ... Understood. However I wasn't locked out for any reason that your thinking. Cool

Welcome Lisa!

Call me Donna, everyone does as I'm sure you remember from SD.

To clarify, I wasn't thinking anything in regards to your exodus from SD. Just stating the facts here.

If ya'll know me from the SD boards..well, I pretty much stay the straight and narrow. Still a fun person, but I follow the rules. <smile>

Enjoy the boards and glean alot of information!
Peace,
Donna
quote:
quote:
Hi Suthrnjewl ... Understood. However I wasn't locked out for any reason that your thinking. Cool

Welcome Lisa!

Call me Donna, everyone does as I'm sure you remember from SD.

To clarify, I wasn't thinking anything in regards to your exodus from SD. Just stating the facts here.

If ya'll know me from the SD boards..well, I pretty much stay the straight and narrow. Still a fun person, but I follow the rules. <smile>

Enjoy the boards and glean alot of information!
Peace,
Donna
Frog Yes Mame, I mean Donna I remember. And I know your a no nonsense kinda lady, thats what I've always liked about ya.

Well I've got most of my images copied to my computer, I had like 500 images in SD and dummy me doesn't keep a copy. Heading to church now but going to start up loading some here and do a auction or two tonight.

I've glanced over the site, seems like there is more to it here then SD but maybe thats just me but looks like the listing part is pretty general so if I can master that I can worrry about the rest later.

Anyway I am sure I'll have tons of ???? so I'll hunt you or Danielle down sooner or later.

Thanx for the Welcome BTW. Wink
quote:
I would like to say one other thing. THANK YOU for actually responding to my post. I posted questions/comments several times elsewhere, but I was completely ignored. It's nice having someone talk to me.

If you need any help with the templates just hollar - I'm AKA eCloset, Fullmoon, Danielle or just plain D. over yonder Wink
quote:
I would like to say one other thing. THANK YOU for actually responding to my post. I posted questions/comments several times elsewhere, but I was completely ignored. It's nice having someone talk to me.

You're Welcome!
I've tried to be a great hostess over here. <smile>

PIArse...Oh I've been called that far too many times and deservedly, too. Notice thats the first one that I thought of...ha!

Glad to have you here.
Peace,
Donna
quote:
I think that depends on the template and the permissions given with it. Of course, if you purchased it somewhere, then you can use it. Many of the contributors to the template warehouse have given permission to use them here. One that I know has is ecloset/fullmoon

Oooh yea! I was just thinking that the only thing I really miss about SD was the Template Warehouse. I'm gonna get to emailing the owners of my fave templates right now!

quote:
Originally posted by clausbe:
quote:

Oooh yea! I was just thinking that the only thing I really miss about SD was the Template Warehouse. I'm gonna get to emailing the owners of my fave templates right now!

Here's a copy and paste in regards to the Template Warehouse, Note I didn't state SD Template Warehouse....(the owner is on another message board I belong to http://p2.forumforfree.com/index.php?mforum=auctionsellersm
)

"that the Template Warehouse is private property. The web space is owned by me, and the templates and images are owned by their respective designers."

99.9% of the designers are great folks and will gladly allow you to continue to use them as long as you ask and keep the pertinent info intact. I would've said 100% are great folks cause they are 100% great folks. Nobody would believe that kinda stat, so I put 99.9. <smile>

The Warehouse does not belong to SD..it's totally separate and has nothing to do with the owner of SD.

By the way..have you checked out Auctiva's Templates? You'll see some familiar work from some familiar Template Warehouse designers. (psssssssst plus they won a contest and got paid buckeroo's, too)

Good Luck!
Enjoy the service,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by gail8180:
Hi!

Another migrator here. I just found this thread, haven't had time to read the boards much. I've been too busy trying to transfer all my custom templates to Auctiva and I'm still not done. whew! Razz

Welcome!

So NICE to see you!

Come on in! We have some really nice folks and some really intelligent sellers here. Nice bantering back and forth.

Need me? Find me!

Peace,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by mtnguy:
My daze of SD are long gone now. Thought I'd stop by and wave.

WELCOME!

How's that winter weather up there in Maine? Glad to see you and thanks for leaving a note here for us.

Long gone from SD? That seems to be happening.

Thanks for the wave and a sweet Florida wave back at cha!

Same goes for you..if you need anything, please don't fail to ask.

Sometimes dazed,
Donna
<smile>
quote:
Originally posted by Suzie-Q:
Suzieqs Chiming in.. Hey Suthrnjewl. Aren't weren't you also a member of the now defunct 0-oasis.com group globug and I had started?

Good morning,

Who knows? <smile>

I join ecommerce sites quite often. It's the only type of groups that I join. I like bouncing things off other sellers.

If I belonged to your group at one time, I'm sure it was a good one.

Glad you're here!
Donna
Hello old-fellow SDers! I am back again, this time to stay!!

All auctions that were set to launch on Sat 3/4 and Sun 3/5 never went anyplace - just sat in the lister. Many, many people very angry!

I have paid my last $8.95 to that broken down company.

My question - is there an easy way to move all my pics & templates from SD over to here?

Please keep in mind I am not too computer savvy.

Thanks for any help.

suzzeemac
In all honesty, I seriously doubt, SpareDollar will be in operation beyond, eBay Live. Tomas said himself, that he had to update SD to comply with eBay's coding requirements by June. It's mid, March and he's out golfing! Hey, he has his priorities, dontcha' know. Why SDers continue on there is wayyyyy beyond me. Tomas' has doubled the fees to pay off his wife's new BMW before he jumps ship. Without fixing one thing! I could be wrong and I HOPE I am wrong. Time will tell.

Tomas lost me as a loyal paying customer when he failed to follow through with upgrades, showing zero concern for his customers and when he failed to control his looney bin AHL forum.

SpareDollar doesn't meet my standards or needs.

Oh yeah, welcome to any new migrators, lol! Frog
Ok-I've done all my new listings the last couple of months through Auctiva and I absolutely LOVE it! Now comes the work. I have 1800+ eBay store items done through SD that now need to be moved here. Is there a tutorial for the best way to do it? Is it just the images that need to be re-linked?
Thanks in advance. I can't take SD one more day!
The easiest way is to use our Import feature. If those 1800 items are all on eBay we should be able to import them to our site and we'll even get the images and import them to your account here and change the HTML to point to the images on our site instead of SD. Doing those 2 things should be most of the work you need to move those 1800 listings here and it's all automated.

There is an import button on our "Closed" listings page. You check the box next to the ones you want imported and then click the Import Listings button.

You can file a support case on our help page and we can help you get them all. Be sure to let them know you have 1800 listings in your eBay Store and you'd like us to import them all and create saved listings for them.
quote:
A concerned Auctiva Customer.

Auctiva Question:
Posted March 19, 2006 05:50 PM

A concerned Auctiva CEO.

Auctiva Answer:
Posted March 19, 2006 06:26 PM

There are some things money can't buy, Auctiva's free!

Priceless.

Welcome to Auctiva! Smile

Between you and me...I'd GLADLY pay for it.
(don't tell anyone!!!)
quote:

You can file a support case on our help page and we can help you get them all. Be sure to let them know you have 1800 listings in your eBay Store and you'd like us to import them all and create saved listings for them.

Will the automation affect only those auctions not created through Auctiva? I'm not sure if I could remember myself which were and which were created here and which were created there without viewing a significant amount of them manually.

Looking at the listings on the 'closed' page it doesn't seem as though all 1800 are there. Maybe around 700 or so?

(Would it better to discuss this with support? I don't want to take up too much space with this, but it also might be helpful for other SD migrants. Just let me know...)
I believe we cap imported listings when a person signs up to 200 listings. I checked your account and set your saved listings filter to "Imported listngs" and I saw about that many.

You can use that to find out which you have imported, and which you created yourself on our site.

When you contact support they will be able to import all of your current listings and up to 3 months back of old listings. That should get you the rest of your listings. I think telling them that when you signed up we imported 200 listings but you have 1800+ on eBay and would like us to import the rest would do the trick.

Once that has happened they will be in your Import Listings folder in your saved listings. If you've printed the list of listings you've already manually created yourself on our site you could then delete any from the import listings that were duplicates.
who is this person that you speak of? no real wisdom here *laf!* just good ol' school of hard knocks Wink

or were you being sarcastic? That's it! I knew it! You hateful hateful person!!!! (just kidding Frog)

I'm glad to be here so can continue learning from all the fine folks such as yourself. We all have our areas of knowledge and it's nice to be surrounded by persons such as yourself that I can learn from. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by wayoutwest:
who is this person that you speak of? no real wisdom here *laf!* just good ol' school of hard knocks Wink

or were you being sarcastic? That's it! I knew it! You hateful hateful person!!!! (just kidding Frog)

I'm glad to be here so can continue learning from all the fine folks such as yourself. We all have our areas of knowledge and it's nice to be surrounded by persons such as yourself that I can learn from. Smile

GOOD MORNING!

Thanks for your postings to me and NO I wasn't being sarcastic. <neener>

Anyhoooooooo...I thought I'd take a few seconds to let you know that the help ticket is a great resource if you need any questions answered and quickly. Normal time for me is within 15 to 30 minutes.

There's stickies on each thread but alot of times, people don't go into them to find info because they're frustrated. So peruse those first and familiarize yourself with the goings on.

Help tickets are on the top. You'll have a running tab on what's been answered and what is open. Also, you get to rank the Customer Service whether it met your needs or not. This lets CEO Jeff know what's going on at a glance.

The online classes are great, too and offer lots of insight. If a person sits through one of those online classes first..then they should be good to go for setting up their profiles for listing.

You might want to take a moment and pop into the templates here. The staff works hard on them plus, oh my gosh...Auctiva had a contest for template design and our own KWK and WAHM took home $$$. Their designed templates can be viewed with the other templates. Imagine that...acknowledgement of templates and the developers of those templates.

Steve, I've not had any problems with scheduling items. Because there have been times when I designed a new auction and didn't error check it, scheduled it and then it wouldn't go. My own fault for not error checking..that's the way folks learn though..right?

When the transfer of the servers to a new locale happened a few weeks ago...I remembered not to have any auctions scheduled to upload knowing the situation could run longer than anticipated. In real life I always plan for bumps in the road and I try to remember that in my dealings with selling online.

Auctiva was good to their word and kept us apprised. The message board is housed on another server which makes it easy to stay in touch with us. No OLE error messages.

Now, I'm not saying Auctiva is perfect..but it works for me. Nobody is perfect just as nothing is perfect.

I've stated all along that Auctiva suits MY needs. But I've been here since last summer and watched this service really move along. If it hadn't been for malicious bidders on my eBay account, I'd have been completely moved out of my old service SD a few months earlier. Auctiva moved 400 of my existing auctions over for me..but hard work got the last 400 plus auctions, pics and more moved over. If there's one thing I'm not..that's lazy. It was time consuming but in the long run, my auctions run smoother, my auctions look better, the pics are crisper and more.

Take your time and root around the stickies, take an online class or just hang out with we already Auctiva members..then I think you can make a logical decision. In the end, you might like Auctiva or you might not.

And know what? There's nothing wrong with not liking a service..last time I checked this was America and we could like whatever we chose. <smile>

It should be whatever suits a persons needs.

As I said earlier, thanks for all your recommendations in the past to free services such as AVG, SPYBOT, SPYWAREBLASTER and more. They work great and everytime that I recommend them to another I think of your signature with all the links. <smile> Free doesn't mean less quality..it can be better quality at the right price.

We're not a real chatty group over here as versus what you're used to. I'll tell you that right up front...we tend to get in the trenches, get our work done and play very little. It's just a different mentality of looking at online time.

I'm also looking forward to your time, opinions and more with us over at the Auction Sellers Motivators, too. Such a nice group of persons.

Blessings Steve,
Donna
quote:
I believe we cap imported listings when a person signs up to 200 listings. I checked your account and set your saved listings filter to "Imported listngs" and I saw about that many.

You can use that to find out which you have imported, and which you created yourself on our site.

When you contact support they will be able to import all of your current listings and up to 3 months back of old listings. That should get you the rest of your listings. I think telling them that when you signed up we imported 200 listings but you have 1800+ on eBay and would like us to import the rest would do the trick.

Once that has happened they will be in your Import Listings folder in your saved listings. If you've printed the list of listings you've already manually created yourself on our site you could then delete any from the import listings that were duplicates.

Thanks Jeff. I opened a new ticket just now. Hopefully it'll all go smoothly *fingers crossed*

Thanks a million for the help!
quote:
Originally posted by scholartime:
Mike is awesome! I would have asked him to marry me at the end of the one live class I took, but I'm already married. 23 years tomorrow! Big Grin

~Lisa

Lisa!

23 years? CONGRATULATIONS!

I celebrated my 28th in December.

Ahhhhhhhhh..never know Mike might just take you up on that marriage proposal anyway.

The classes are great and Auctiva does a good job of running them. I just wish more persons would sign up for them.

Congrats and Have a Happy Time Celebrating!
Donna
quote:
quote:
Mike is awesome! I would have asked him to marry me at the end of the one live class I took, but I'm already married. 23 years tomorrow! Big Grin

~Lisa

Lisa!

Ahhhhhhhhh..Bla, Bla Bla.

Arr, tis a strange time indeed! I come across me ol' lady thirty years agone today. An' a red letter day it was, me Mateys. I rate it right up there with Niner-one-one and the crash of the Space Shuttle. An' a comely young wench she was, back then! Ol' battle-ax is still here, too, in charge of the grub n' swabbin' the decks, an' beatin' the crew, an' whatnot, like a good girl should, harrrr. I reckon I'll keep here around. So dern hard to break in a new one these days, y'knows.

Avast,
CB
CBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Lemme tell ya something..the lil woman that lives with you? She must be a saint to put up with you for so long! <smile>

Like a good girl? You're just taunting me now and trying to get my goat. <smile>

You wouldn't trade that beauuuuutiful battle axe for a wife for a new model anyway...cause I can NOT imagine how hard it would be for the sweet young thing to break YOU in at your excellerated age. Nyuck Nyuck.

Happy Anniversary. Take the wench out for a wonnnderful evening on the town and then smooch till the cows come home!
<wink>

I'm so glad to see you around.

Tee Hee,
Donna

PS I'm telling McHale. You blah blah blah'd me. I guess that's better than yada yada'ing me. I'm still telling.
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Binghamton:
quote:
quote:

~Lisa

Lisa!

Ahhhhhhhhh..Bla, Bla Bla.

Arr, tis a strange time indeed! I come across me ol' lady thirty years agone today. An' a red letter day it was, me Mateys. I rate it right up there with Niner-one-one and the crash of the Space Shuttle. An' a comely young wench she was, back then! Ol' battle-ax is still here, too, in charge of the grub n' swabbin' the decks, an' beatin' the crew, an' whatnot, like a good girl should, harrrr. I reckon I'll keep here around. So dern hard to break in a new one these days, y'knows.

Avast,
CB

Lol, too funny. Frog
I'm just online for a moment..

Welcome!

Please sign up for the online class..it will take you step by step to learn Auctiva. That way you don't have to go between FAQ's and more..it's all very clear and concise.

If you have any problems, be sure to click help above. It will take you to a ticket system where you can send questions. Auctiva has staff that are very prompt in their responses.

If you need anything else, please do NOT hesitate to get in touch with me and I'll try to make the transition a smooth one.

Once again...
WELCOME TO AUCTIVA! You will find (and I'm serious) that Auctiva works for a myriad of reasons. I have at any given time 500+ auctions going via Auctiva..if it didn't work I'd be elsewhere.

Good Luck!

You'll see quite a few familiar faces here and we all wish you mucho money-o. <smile>

Take care,
Donna

edited to add this:
Tomas SMACKED BFs hand? That's just wrong for so many reasons.
Sure you didn't bump your head? Tomas told BF to shut his piehole? Hard to imagine. Considering he's allowed BF to spew his sardonic wisdom all over everyone for years.

I guess, Tomas didn't like it when BF finally spewed it all over him. If that's what he did. Not being able to read the boards, I have no idea. If you come over, why not do it because Auctiva offers superior auction management and customer service?

Best of all, its FREE.
quote:
So dern hard to break in a new one these days, y'knows.

Avast,
CB

CB?
You Silly Silly Man!

What the heck kinda profile pic do you have up?
<smile>

Darnit!
I had to save the pic to my computer so I could view it.

You KNOW I'm an old woman with 20 inch thick reading glasses.
<wink>

Remote Linking Forbidden!
You go!
Suthrnjewl<-------remote linking right now (ha)

Neener!
WHY would you want to disable store window? I must have missed something.
Thanks,
~Lisa
quote:
Go to...Account Preferences.

Then scroll down to...Account Preferences.

3rd check box (Enable Auctiva Store Window)

Make sure this box is NOT checked. If checked, uncheck it. Then remember to save your preferences.

That will take care of it. Smile
I don't think I thanked you for your Congrats!

We had a great dinner at an all-you-can eat, pig-out style restaurant, Tucano's, and then saw Memoirs of a Geisha. The BOOK was fabulous!! Don't quite know how I feel about the movie.

Our kids were having a party back here at the house when we returned home. Well, they actually have parties 3-4 nights a week and I trust them AND their friends, so it was just another night at the Armstrong's! Smile

~Lisa

quote:
quote:

~Lisa

Lisa!

Ahhhhhhhhh..never know Mike might just take you up on that marriage proposal anyway.

The classes are great and Auctiva does a good job of running them. I just wish more persons would sign up for them.

Congrats and Have a Happy Time Celebrating!
Donna
quote:
quote:
Captain, where have you been hiding?
I know where. The capt doubts us. Implying we're self destructing on another message board and making fun of us. You stinker! Frog

Auctiva is here to stay and we're kicking rump! We're probably 25x+ the size of that other place and growing 5x as fast. If anyone is self destructing it's them and not us! Frog

So, we have double agents, lol! Frog

There's something to be said for L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y!

Something the 'other place' has been lacking in for a good 2 years. Trust is an important aspect in any relationship. A business relationship is no different. Sellers want to know they're valued. It's difficult to feel valued in a hostile forum environment that isn't governed with care. Not to mention paying month after month for a service that is broken.
quote:
WHY would you want to disable store window? I must have missed something.
Thanks,
~Lisa
quote:
Go to...Account Preferences.

Then scroll down to...Account Preferences.

3rd check box (Enable Auctiva Store Window)

Make sure this box is NOT checked. If checked, uncheck it. Then remember to save your preferences.

That will take care of it. Smile

gotshirtey wanted to disable it. So, I told him/her how to.
quote:
Originally posted by gotshirtey:
one quick question. i was advised to opt out of the 'Auctiva Gallery' before generating a token. can somebody explain how i do that.

thanks. i really hope that Auctiva will work for me because i don't think i can stomach SD/IF for much longer.

Did you figure this out yet?

If not just give a hollar!
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.