Skip to main content

So, I made a Jazzy New Site for my eBay biz, and basically arranged everything around the store window I was going to put in.

Problem is, homestead treats the link (whenever you click a picture in the store window, that is) as an extension of their page - instead of like, "www.item.ebay.com" (how it should be), it takes me to a nonexistent site like "www.item.homestead.com/ebay.com" ...this never happened with any of my other C&P'd Html snippets from other places before....is this an issue I have to tackle in auctiva, or should I be nudging homestead about this? Any help would be much appreciated!

-Fox
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks Kevin Smile Really appreciate such a quick reply!

I'm the first to admit I don't know beans about HTML (yay for wysiwyg editors!) so I apologize if I'm missing something obvious.

Homestead has an option to "post an html snippet" and then it prompts me for the html snippet itself, which I C&P'd directly from the appropriate place in the auctiva 'store window' menus on here.

Curiously, I was fiddling with homestead's editor, and they have an advanced thingie wherein the html you put in *that* box shows up automatically between the </head> coding, which I imagine has an intention for navigation menus and such. When I post my Store Window HTML in *that*, it seems to work fine, but is stuck unmovingly at the top of the page mostly under my artistic headers and not in the center where I'd like it.

-Fox
One more thing to add Foxfyre33,

I looked at your site and agree with Kevin about your site looking great, although I couldn't help notice that the store window is using Auctiva's default color scheme. Did you know you can customize the colors so that they would appear to match the rest of your site? If not I would suggest you take a look at the "Edit Store Window" page. We have recently made it easier to customize and are revamping it a little more soon so as to make it even clearer as to what areas mean what, but go ahead and look at that page and see if you can come up with a better looking store window.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.