Skip to main content

Hi, Scrolling window was working an hour ago, minus latest listing. Now no window scroll in any of my auctions, one of which closes today. 'Uploading Store Window' message appears but no images, despite staying on the auction page several mins at a time in case it's a slow upload. Nada. Can someone enlighten me? Trying very hard indeed to remain patient here.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I am a relatively new user of the auctiva system and love what they have to offer. However I am very limited on time available to spend setting up my listings on ebay. I have noticed an extremely slow system with trying to edit and schedule my listings as well as my store window not loading today. I have had pictures not loading a couple times in past and have had customers who were unable to check out through auctivas checkout as well. I too hate to complain about a free service. This auctiva is a wonderful idea with a lot of potential. If I would have to pay a small fee for a more stable environment I would be happy to do so. I am only posting this because I know how important it is for the owners of auctiva to know what the issues are so they can be addressed.

My main concern with all of this is whether auctiva is going to be able to keep up with the christmas season traffic. Are the problems programming issues or are the servers unable to handle the loads put on it by the busy ebay system? I have come to believe it would be the latter of the two as I notice much slower loading in evenings and nearly impossible usage on busy nights such as Sundays. I have had to move my checkout services back into ebay so as to prevent unhappy customers and after the issue with my pictures not showing up on my listings, I have been tossing around the idea of moving all picture services back to ebay also.
Update: I filed a support request earlier in relation to this current store window problem and have just received this reply from auctiva:

I apologize for the inconvenience you are facing. Currently, our site is experiencing intermittent but extremely slow periods as a result of which the store window is not displaying on the listings as well. This issue has already been reported to our engineers and will get resolved soon. For the time being, if the site is too slow to use effectively, please continue to check back with us as we are working diligently on a solution. You can even notice the same alert message displaying on your Auctiva account.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank You,
Auctiva Support.
I'm having the same issues with the store window.

Trent- I and everyone I'm sure shares your concern about the holidays. With regard to

quote:
are the servers unable to handle the loads put on it by the busy ebay system?

According to Auctiva's CEO Jeff at this thread
https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/579609941/m/5281096391

quote:
We have plenty of servers, we have enough bandwidth. We're looking into our Cisco routers and firewalls to see if we can figure out what's up.

I'm certain that they are doing what they can to best anticipate the extra traffic. Although I can't help but think that they must sometimes feel like the proverbial little Dutch boy trying to plug-up all the leaks!

Well...if "Growing Pains" were easy, I guess that they wouldn't be called "Pains". ;-) Jeff
quote:
Originally posted by oldhead:
I'm having the same issues with the store window.

Trent- I and everyone I'm sure shares your concern about the holidays. With regard to

quote:
are the servers unable to handle the loads put on it by the busy ebay system?

According to Auctiva's CEO Jeff at this thread
https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/579609941/m/5281096391

quote:
We have plenty of servers, we have enough bandwidth. We're looking into our Cisco routers and firewalls to see if we can figure out what's up.

I'm certain that they are doing what they can to best anticipate the extra traffic. Although I can't help but think that they must sometimes feel like the proverbial little Dutch boy trying to plug-up all the leaks!

Well...if "Growing Pains" were easy, I guess that they wouldn't be called "Pains". ;-) Jeff

Enjoyed your response Jeff. Was very thorough.
And yes growing pains are not easy. I lost one business because of growing pains. But also understand that auctiva has an awesome service to offer but is only good to offer if the people are still using it. I have read through several threads and have seen that many have unfortunately/fortunately moved on. Because of the fact that my occupation keeps me away most weeks, while my wife trys to administer things, I really want to stick around because of some of the services they offer here for our small ebay store. I know enough about these puters to know that the auctiva administration is probably pulling their hair out and screaming obsenities at the engineers. Eek

Trent
AAA Iowa Gift Art and Antique Store

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.