Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello!

The "new" Item Condition drop-down you see is to comply with eBay's new policy. They will start "enforcing" the policy on new and existing listings next month.
It doesn't replace all the Custom Item Specifics, just the "condition", so you will still need to input the other specifics you have for your item.

Even though you may have already stated "new with tags" in your Custom Item Specifics, you will still need to select that from the new drop-down menu. It's an eBay thing. Frustrating, I know. Mad
i don't mean to be difficult but if the condition, which was required a long time ago by google and then ebay is in place, why the duplication?

i originally used the custom item specifics only because of the condition requirement but then expanded to use more of the specifics.

this is work and rework and i still don't understand from your response why i have to pilot a second location when the first one was doing the job.
Today I'm not able to get item condition and custom item specifics past the Auctiva error checker. I get this error message:

"eBay listing failed to pass validation for the following reason:
For the first selected category, both Item Specifics and Custom Item Specifics are specified. You can choose either of the two, but not both"

It doesn't seem to matter if I set the item condition and de-select the custom item specifics, or vice-versa. Always get an error message. Also, I don't even see "Item Specifics" as an option to select or de-select. Only "Item Condition" and "Custom Item Specifics" are there. Anyone else having this problem? It wasn't happening as of last Friday.
quote:
Originally posted by itsjustme:
i don't mean to be difficult but if the condition, which was required a long time ago by google and then ebay is in place, why the duplication?

i originally used the custom item specifics only because of the condition requirement but then expanded to use more of the specifics.

this is work and rework and i still don't understand from your response why i have to pilot a second location when the first one was doing the job.
It's a whole new value that eBay is requiring, which is why, even though you may already state the condition of an item in your Item Specifics, you will still need to "re-state" the condition. I know it doesn't make sense, but it's an eBay requirement. For more information, check here: eBay Seller Update
I managed to get an item listed by started with a new listing from scratch, and not using a saved listing. Seems like something in the Auctiva software wouldn't allow me to set the item condition and custom item specifics, without giving error messages. With a new listing started from scrach, it wasn't a problem. So if anyone else has this problem with trying to make a new listing from a previously saved listing, try starting the listing from scratch instead.
The problem for me on this is:

When I create a listing, first I do the custom specs, then I select my condition (almost always used.) Then I proceed to do the rest. Then I save as new. THEN when I check it, there is no conditiion selected! I've done 50 listings like this, where "used" was selected, but after I save each one I have to go back, select "used" AGAIN, then RE-SAVE it, until it actually SAVES it. Yes, double work and a big pain in the butt. Like the Auctiva site isn't S-L-O-W enough as it is?

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.