Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi phill,

Thanks for contributing to our forum.

When you create a listing through Auctiva, any images that you place in the "Auctiva Image Selection" section will appear in your description, within the Auctiva template you have selected if you are using one. Any such images will include a “Click to view supersized image” link if the original images are larger than 400 x 300 px.

If you would like your images to appear in the Header/Gallery area in the upper left corner of the listing, but not show within the description, just click the “Optional eBay Gallery Images” link beneath the “Auctiva Image Selection” section on the lister page and add your images to that area only.

On the other hand, if you would like your images to appear within the description but do not want them to show the “Click to view supersized image”, you have a couple of options.

For most users, the easiest way to do so is to place the images directly into the description using the “Insert an Auctiva Hosted Image” button (look for the mountain/sun icon) on the description editor toolbar, instead of adding them to the “Auctiva Image Selection” area.

Alternatively, you could create a custom version of the template you would like to use and configure it so your original images appear within the template, as opposed to the supersizable ones that are used by default.

If you would like help doing so, or need any other assistance accomplishing this, please contact our Customer Support team directly from under the “Help” tab on our site and we will be happy to continue working with you.

-Mike
Hi phill,

I just had a chance to review your account, and the API error message you received is indicative that your description contains some objectionable Javascript code which is not allowed based on eBay policy.

The specific code which triggered this error in your last scheduled listing is located at the end of your description HTML, beginning with <!--eBayMobile-End--> and ending with <script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/78e07d74/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

If you click the “Source” tab on the description editor within this listing to get to HTML mode and then delete this code, I believe you will then be able to post this listing successfully.

I have dealt with a few users in the past who found that this code was regularly added to their descriptions by the My eBay Manager extension for Safari so, if you are using that extension, it is possible that it caused this code to be added to your item automatically.

Provided that is the case, I suspect you should be able to avoid encountering this issue again by disabling the My eBay Manager extension within your Safari browser.

If you need any further assistance with this, please contact our Customer Support team directly from under the "Help" tab within your account.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.