Skip to main content

Three days ago I recieved a fraudulant email from an ebay member, as soon as I realized what was goeing on I reported it to ebay security. When I logged on the next morning I had been suspended, they gave me no reson for it and they have not responded to my emails. Is this normal for ebay to suspend members that report fraud? Anyway I need help, What should I do. I have inventory that I can't move, customers whose transactions I cannot comlete and ebay seems to be ignoring me. Does anyone know if there is a phone number I can call to try to resolve this. Please help!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Oh by the way to add to my last entry. Ebay did not tell me why I was suspended or for how long. Apparently there is no way to contact safehorbor by phone only e-mail. they say they will respond within 48 hrs. it's now been three days and nothing, I have customers whose items have been shipped but have not yet arrived fileing complaints with paypal because they got a notice I had been suspended. I don't blame them for thier concern and I have tried to communicate to them that this is a mistake, I have done nothing wrong yet I'm being punished like some kind of crimminal. I can't even go onto the ebay disscussion baords to get advise. Is this normal for ebay, how can you run abussiness like this, I have invested a lot of time and money and i'm watching it go down the drain with no recource.
Thanks Rick, I thought about that but ebays message said that I am not allowed to use ebay in anyway. I'm afraid if I do that and I ever do get a response from them that they may suspend me forever for violating thier rules. I mean they already suspended me and as far as I know all I did was report a fruatulent user, I'm begining to think I made a big mistake teming up with ebay. They don't seem to care anything about thier customers. I've been reading the powersellersunite site boards and my story is not unusual. There seems to be alot of ebay users that alre completely fed up! They seem to beat up on thier ligit users while allowing obviously fruadulent users to just go about thier business with ease.
Thanks wayoutwest, yea I found a list of nubers on powersellersunite.com it's a little late in the day to trybut I will first thing monday morning. I called thier ebay store support number and after holding for 45 min. I was told the security does not take phone calles and all I can do is wait for them to contact me. According to many of the disscusion boards i've been reading this could take weeks!
quote:
Originally posted by baldyboy:
Thanks Rick, I thought about that but ebays message said that I am not allowed to use ebay in anyway. I'm afraid if I do that and I ever do get a response from them that they may suspend me forever for violating thier rules.

That seems like really bad business. Perhaps a friend could post on the eBay board without giving away your member details. You know, a friend.

If nothing else, maybe someone here can recommend other forums that are particularly good for advice about this sort of thing. Personally, I can't think of any besides the powersellersunite board but there must be other good ones. Good luck.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.