Skip to main content

Slow is one thing, this is ridiculous! Cache is clean. History, cookies & cache cleaned 6 times in 2 days. Checked all settings over and over. It's not just me. Please guys, I know it's a FREE service. But if it doesn't work, then it's of no use REGARDLESS of the cost! I have used Auctiva exclusively for a couple years now and overall I've been happy. But if this continues any longer, I CAN'T continue to use it. Time is money... even for a "small time" seller like me!
"Slow" isn't the word!! I CANNOT work on this site and refuse to until it's done. I guess it's back to the site I pay for. Hey, since I pay for it I might as well use it, right?

I try to delete one photo and it takes a good 5 minutes. Meanwhile, the page turns BLUE and freezes up my other windows so I can't get ANY work done at ALL, as long as an Auctiva window is open.

This has been happening too long and it has only gotten worse, not better! I wonder if Auctiva is going bankrupt and employees quit paying attention to maintenance, etc.

Don't put your eggs in one basket! If they pull the site down you'll lose ALL your listings. Off to list on another site.

I'll check back each a.m. to see how the site's functioning but man, I'm gonna starve if I keep trying to list here. Can't get any work done! Mad
Why would the CEO's email address be on the home page recently? Did C/S get too many email complaints and give up, handed it over to him?

Hell, I don't know - I can only theorize...

I also don't get email notifications for this discussion (or other discussions) when I'm supposed to. Auctiva is nothing like it was a couple months ago. Frown
I hear a lot of complaining but I honestly have to look at it this way:

It used to take me 4 hours a night to list maybe 10 items on eBay directly.

Now in 4-6 hours, I can get 25 to 50 listings done with a little prep before hand

What is this prep before hand? Doing the brain dead work during off peak hours late at night right before bed or with my coffee in the morning like uploading a slew of photos at one time, cropping photos, watermarking and attaching the photos to listing shells.

Then, when Saturday or Sunday arrive, I open the listing shells (my browser allows me to open up to 20 windows at one time) and if it takes an hour to load for each page, it take an hour to load 20 pages. An hour later if and when they are fully loaded, I do not have to worry about uploading photos, i do not have to worry about attaching photos. I just type in descriptions, shipping weights and submit. If the category takes too long to upload, then open eBay in a different browser and go start a new listing in eBay and keep it open where the category searches are. Use eBays fast category search page and then copy down the category number and paste it into auctiva. Simple and fast.

This Sunday I got about 40 listings done, granted it was not the fastest day, when I can usually get about 60 done but still, a very productive day.

I hope this helps someone!

Cheers!
Nice job, Tiques_n_ Ties.... me too. At least, I TRY to do it that way, lol!

OP- The system is sometimes very slow when a whole lot of people are on it at the same time, like weekends & holidays. Also, I believe there was talk of Server issues that the head guys are already aware of.

Any time I have too much trouble, I send a nice little help request, and have always received a prompt reply. Or I just go and take a nap.
Here's an update:

I listed 1 new item tonight to check and to my surprise, no glitches. It worked!!! No hanging, clicking, errors or anything. No need to open another browser or anything. Took me no more than 5 minutes approx.

BUT,

I got the following response from Auctiva Support:

Hello again,

Thanks for following up with us regarding this matter - I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. We were experiencing some technical issues earlier in the week that caused many users to experiencing slowness on the Auctiva website, but those issues have since been resolved. I looked at the thread you mentioned and almost all of the complaints there were from Sunday and Monday when we were experiencing those technical problems.

If your attempts to upload images through the HTML uploader (which is the uploader used on the listing creation page) are failing, it is most likely that they are too large to be supported by that uploader. If the images you are trying to upload are in JPG or GIF format and have dimensions less than 1024 DPI, please send a couple of them to me at mike@auctiva.com, and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on there.

The Auctiva uploader, on the other hand, supports uploading larger images that are up to 3.5 MB in size. Therefore, if your images aare quite large and you would prefer not to go through the trouble of resizing them such that you will be able to upload them through the HTML Uploader, you could upload them through the Auctiva Uploader.

If you are still experiencing unusual slowness on the Auctiva website, please let me know, and we will have to explore that further. We are not receiving reports of this nature from many other customers at this time and we don't see anything on our end that would account for this behavior, so I suspect we would be able to get that situation under control for you with a little troubleshooting.

If you have any additional questions or concerns pertaining to your Auctiva account, please feel free to let me know, and I’ll be happy to continue assisting you.

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.