Skip to main content

Hello

Although I have used the Scrolling Gallery for some time, I am wanting to use one of the Templates on all of my listings.

Is there a way to apply the Template to all of my existing listings??

I normally use ebay to manage the listings so please give me step by step instruction if it can be done.

Many Thanks
Helen
Toms Tool Chest
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Helen,

For new listings, you can select a template as normal.

For existing Active listings, you would need to replace the HTML code at eBay using their Revise Listing editor and copy - paste the code from your Saved Listings library. That means you'd need to create or update a Saved Listing at Auctiva with the desired template.

Copy is done using the <HTML> icon to right of each listing on the Saved Listings page. You'll get a pop-up box with the code.

Paste is done with the eBay Revise Listing editor set to HTML mode for the Description section, i.e. because you are creating HTML on that editor. You delete the prior code and replace it with the new code. However, when deleting, you need to keep the code for the Scrolling Gallery section. That code begins and ends with a comment <!--ASW--> to demark the section. Use preview to double-check your changes before you commit on the Revise.

Hope that helps.

Danno
I am using a template now. I have about 150 individual lisitngs with this template.
I'd like to change the template but I don't think I can do it as described.
So, if I select a new template for new listing will it cause a problem to the old one? Will the new ones go into the new template? I am assuming there is a way to select which templeate I want the new listing to be added to. Am I being naive?
Would I just copy and paste my Profiles to the new template.
I thought about a seasonal template for the seasonal stuff. But I'm thinking it's complicated.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.