Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi,

If that is the "Sell Similar" button at eBay, eBay would change the auction title for the listing, but not the Auctiva template title. To change that at eBay, you would need to locate the title in the Description text box and make the change there.

If you listed any already, just use the Revise Listing editor and make the change.

Danno
Hi, Danno,

No, I'm doing all of the listing through Auctiva, through the "create a similar listing," button. The name of the item is fine at the top of the page in the preview, but title of the item on the template, which should be the same as what I type on the title line, is not changing.

I've had to cancel one scheduled listing because it had the title of the previous item I'd listed in the template (fortunately,it wasn't schedule to go up until this evening). Maybe it will only let you do a certain number of similar items before becoming cranky, So I'm simply going to start from scratch and hope for the best.

Very frustrating.

Kevalin
quote:
Originally posted by buzzmewoody:
i'm having the same problem and keep getting people say - "oh what are the exact measurements on this item because the title says red dress" so i have to fix it and explain the description is right but the title/header is wrong. grrrr... frustrating, especially when a lot of the people dont really understand how it all works.
HEY BUZZ, I DO UNDERSTAND BECAUSE I HAVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND HERE IS WHAT YOU DO TO CORRECT IT AND DOES WORK. ALL OF WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO IS ON THE EBAY SIDE AND NOT AUCTIVA. GO TO YOUR EBAY LISTING THAT NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED. CLICK ON "REVISE MY ITEM" THEN GO TO YOUR "FULL DESCRIPTION PAGE" WHERE YOUR PHOTOS AND ALL THAT IS. AT THE TOP OF THIS DESCRIPTION PAGE IT SAYS: (STANDARD OR HTML) CLICK ON "HTML". NOTE THAT THERE IS A LOT MORE PROGRAMING IN THERE THAN JUST YOUR DESCRIPTION, A LOT. THIS IS WHERE YOUR SECOND CORRECTION IS TO MADE, THE FIRST CORRECTION IS IN YOUR TITLE, BUT JUST BECAUSE YOU CORRECTED YOUR TITLE DOES NOT CORRECT WHAT IS ABOVE YOUR PHOTOS AND YOUR DESCRIPTION. OTHER~WORDS THE PROBLEM YOU ARE HAVING. HANG WITH ME, I AM GOING TO TELL YOU WHERE TO FIND WHAT YOU NEED TO CORRECT AND WHERE AND HOW. THIS IS GOING TO TAKE SOME HELP FROM YOU ALSO. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT KNOWS WHAT NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED. HERE WE GO: FIRST FIND YOUR FULL DESCRIPTION BY SCROLLING AND LOOKING. WHEN YOU FIND YOUR FULL DESCRIPTION IT WILL NOT BE IN HERE, IT WILL BE ABOVE YOUR FULL DESCRIPTION SOMEWHERE CLOSE OR NOT BUT WE HAD TO HAVE A PLACE TO START. SO NOW, SCROLL UP SLOWLY UNTIL YOU FIND THE TITLE YOU WISH TO CORRECT. WHEN YOU FIND IT, DELETE NOTHING BUT THE WORDS YOU NEED TO CHANGE. WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED, SCROLL BACK TO WHERE IT SAYS "STANDARD OR HTML" AND CLICK STANDARD. LOOK AT THE HEADING YOU WANTED CORRECTED AND IT WILL BE CORRECT NOW. I HOPE THIS WAS SIMPLE AND EASY FOR YOU. YOU MAY WANT TO PRINT THIS OUT SO YOU CAN READ IT AS YOU GO ALONG. NOTHING TO IT AFTER YOU DO IT ONE TIME. HOPE I HAVE HELPED. LANNY
Last edited by lanny
quote:
Originally posted by booklady:
If the title is different in the template title box, I just erase it and then it is correct when I preview it.

booklady
HELLO BOOKLADY, YOU ARE CORRECT. THIS WORKS FINE AS LONG AS YOU ARE STILL ON THE AUCTIVA SIDE. BUT ONCE YOU POST IT TO EBAY THAT WILL NOT WORK. THE ONLY WAY TO CORRECT IT THEN IS TO DO WHAT I HAVE SAID ABOVE. LANNY

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.