Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I used the SYI for listing a few items for the first time in many years also! But it wasn't bad, pretty easy to use! But I like the way the listing look, better with Auctiva, since they've been up I've done 3 listing no problems, seems to be working fine! There may be problems with listings that were scheduled during the outtage, but it seems fine now for creating new listings!
I have been attempting to list. Site is slow. Tried to crop a photo and finally gave up and did make copy cropped and re-loaded. Preview slow load too.

Slowness comes and goes.. but is frustrating. Perhaps that is why they have not posted anything new.. (though in this length of time SOMETHING should be posted - period) that they are not "really" finished.. I hope!!!
4 of mine had a 'failed' message and the explanation was something about not listed in time. What does that mean???? WHAT A MESS. I just finally relisted 2 of them successfully. They had BETTER NOT duplicate because it means more Ebay fees for listings which I will have to cancel. I hate computers! Stress, stress, stress - no wonder half of the U.S. is on some sort of anxiety medication!
AUCTIVA, an update is truly in order.

Are you still there? Do you know there are massive issues still unresolved?

IF you let us know that you are there and working on our issues, then we will not feel the need for hundreds of people to write support with same issue? Do you want us to write support? If that is what you want I am sure people will be glad to do that???

If we do not hear from you, we do not know which issues you are aware of???

Patience is truly a virtue, HOWEVER, this is absurd!! Just give us an update??? Is that really asking that much. It will take less than one minute to do that.
here is a warning...for those trying to relist from the scheduled listing page by clicking edit and reschedule...the prices you planned are incorrect. not only would you have to reschedule the time but you must fix the prices if you changed them to reflect a sale.

i have done fifty listings and just realized that the price changes were not ported.

all around it makes much more sense to go back to closed listings to do your relists
Here is the reply to the support requests:
Posted Sunday, 7/31/2011 6:58 AM
Hello,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this matter. We have experienced some hardware related technical difficulties that caused the Auctiva website and services to be unavailable for quite some time. Our Engineers were able to resolve the issue and Auctiva web servers are back online and so you should be able to access Auctiva website once again. However, we are still experiencing some specific issues and our engineers are already working to get these resolved.

I'm not quite sure when we will be able to resolve these issues at the moment but I will follow up with you through this case to let you know when the issues have been addressed or I can get an estimate of when that will happen.

We apologize for any inconveniences these circumstances have caused, and everyone's patience with regard to this matter has been greatly appreciated.

This message is being sent in bulk to all support cases reporting Auctiva site related issues so if your issue was unrelated to this one, please feel free to let us know.

Sorry about the trouble, but we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions in the mean time.

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support
This is just wonderful!!! Now they do not have time to read the requests to see if they are related! How do we know if our issues are related to this outage to know if this answered them?

Also, prey tell me why the leaders that we are normally hearing from of this company are poof gone? Do they even still work there? I would think an outage like this they would be sitting on top of the people who fix these things and trying to smooth things over a bit with their customers. . . .obviously HUGE to us but not to them.

We can only hope that some of the other issues were knocked out also.

Had support request but since I do not want this form letter, but it is not related to this, I will just ask on forums and hope for an answer there.
Glad to see the site is back up and running, I've been able to list a few BIN items without a problem. Although the bulk image uploader isn't working for me, not sure what that is about.

I have to say, I am still a little nervous that my scheduled listings will go without a hitch this evening.

It sucks that they have lost a level of trust with this crash. A little bit of communication (via email, not on this forum) would have went a long way IMO. Not everyone even knows there is a forum or that the forum would still be running when the site was down.

It's disappointing.
lg20626,

You are right a lot of people do not know about forums. However, We were just glad to see ANYTHING believe me after hours of waiting on some announcement. Email you are right would have been great!! But anything was better than what we sat through for hours.

It is disappointing to say the least. But not as disappointing as when the virus spread throughout a few years back. But will disappointing and very discouraging. This has happened before and I guess we have to expect it will happen again.

Auctiva, a short email goes a very long way. Also, how about support being like forums, so that we can actually report outages that you could even set up in the event of one that says:

We are aware there is an outage, we are working on it at the present time.. blah.. blah. . blah. Then we KNOW you KNOW about it. Or a phone set up like the power/cable companies have so that you can report issues of outages. I assumed after last crash or outage there would be a back up plan.

I am still wondering who the notes were from. Where were the leaders that we are use to?? Were they even notified? Strange that usually in the past they wrote these news blurbs. Do they still work there? It is not overly reassuring to get notes from people whose names and titles we have never seen, however, was much better than nothing. Just curious??
Yes, a phone system to report outages would be great! Apparently Auctiva does not think all accounts deserve a phone contact number - apparently it depends on how much they pay monthly for their service plan. Really irritating - that alone is enough reason not to 'upgrade' and put more money in Auctiva's pocket. We ALL matter, not just the big spenders!
Oh, don't get me wrong-- it's good that they at least finally did acknowledge it here. I just think they need to be more proactive when this kind of thing happens and notify each member personally (via mass email) so that there isn't someone who is just getting more and more pissed off (and don't think to check for an Auctiva forum).

I just stumbled upon this when doing a google search about Auctiva listing problems. Glad I did, at least I got some info here.

As far as the virus a few years ago, I didn't know where it came from then but I am pretty sure that might be why I ended up needing to replace my last pc. Grrrr.

I hope this is handled better the next time there are any glitches in the system.
lg20626,

Believe me I did not get you wrong and I hope you do not think I did.

I know EXACTLY where you are coming from. I was checking email shutting down computer, restarting my modem, clearing the cookies, cache and you name it. . never dreaming it was auctiva problem. I thought it was mine.

An email would have saved me a lot of time!! The more I did the more irritated I got. Then I thought of forums and BINGO!! By the time they responded people were really IRRITATED to say the least!! I am still irritated that we were not even notified until hours and hours later. You have lots of members scrambling to find out what is wrong when one little note. . done!!

My PC was fried too!! That was my 2nd thought when this happened. First thought was they have closed shop with all of my pictures, etc.!! I have learned to KEEP COPIES OF ALL PICTURES!!!

I hope they even read these so they will know the frustration we had and why we are upset and how to make it better next time.

I do have to say I have seen a lot of new people on the forums through this. . so auctiva ebay side is not quite as dead as I thought it was!

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.