Skip to main content

Ok, now you can't tell me it's my browser that is doing this! I put the title on the listing page, but when it's posted to ebay the title that appears above the picture (usually the same as the title typed in) is not changing from a previous listing! What's going on? I can't change it in revise on ebay or on auctiva. Go to my auctions sunshineannie*gardens and check newly listed Habit and Jennifer Rebecca. Both have correct titles, but above the pic it says Cat's Hat which was three listings ago. GRRRRRRRR How frustrating! Frown
~I'm just a patched up Raggedy Annie, in a Barbie doll world.~
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Someone else recently reported this happening and this is what I told them. Hope it helps.

quote:
One thing you might try is this: Since the recent updates here you can now change the Template Title in the "Template" section of the listing form. Be sure to check and see if it says what it's supposed to say. If not, copy your new title in that field.

Of course, that means you need to use the Create Similar feature instead of just editing existing listings.

Maybe that'll work as a temporary fix, but definitely file a support request if you haven't already.
Well, I never heard back from support. Here's what I've decided. They changed something so that it doesn't automatically change the template title to match your ebay listing title. For a while it said what I wanted it to in the box (same as the listing title) but when the auction posted it was using a title from several auctions ago. Now, it does not automatically change, and you have to type it in yourself. Even tho I have the box checked that says match template title to listing or something like that. So, watch your template title boxes!
Hi, I am new to Auctiva and I could use some help with the same problem. I have been listing things with the "create similar" function and I realized after the fact that the title within my template is the title of an auction I listed last week. This title is stuck in all of my auctions that I have listed through Auctive. I do not see a template title anywhere when I create the listing. There is nowhere to type it in and there is no box to check to make it match the auction title. Can anyone help? Thanks. Debbie
Hi Community,

I have some information about this behavior that I think may be helpful to some users that have been contributing to this thread.

When you are creating a new listing from an existing saved listing and you enter a new title during that process, the "Template Title" field will automatically be updated to reflect the new title you have entered IF the title and template title fields were the same in the original saved listing you started working from.

If you are creating a new listing from a saved listing in which the contents of the “Title” and “Template Title” fields differ, the “Template Title” field will NOT be automatically updated to reflect the new title that you enter for the listing and you will then have to update the “Template Title” field manually if you would like them to match.

If the behavior you see is different than I described here, please contact our customer support team by mousing over the “My Account” tab and clicking the “File Support Case” option, and we will look into that for you.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.