Skip to main content

Hello, I love this site and it is so helpful in posting my Ebay auctions. I have one frustrating situation that I would love to fix.

If I use the "sell similar" feature, the title of the previous auction is carried forward in the template section of the new listing. Not in the part that I actually type, but in the top of the template where it is automatically placed by the system (in my case in the brown area of the cool hibiscus template).

The only way around this I have found is to wait until the listing shows up on Ebay and edit each one. Not my favorite thing to do! This happens with IE and Firefox. I hope someone can help me. I have tried other templates and it didn't fix the problem.

I hope I have explained this clearly enough, it is sort of hard to explain. Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I think this has happened to me too Ron--like I'd list a white wallet, but at the top of the auction where there's a 'promo' line above the "Description" gif, there'd be the leftover line from the past auction, like Black Plaid Scarf. I think I finally just stopped using Sell Similar. I too was going in & revising each & every auction when I felt like it--there were times when I didn't & it didn't matter--didn't get any bids anyway!

But do post if you found a resolution, as I'd like to know!
That is exactly what is happening to me. It seems like (but I am not 100% sure) that if I start a new listing and then sell similar from that listing everything works as planned.

If I go into my saved listings to sell similar (I click on the icon on the right side that brings up the old info which I can then modify), then I have the problem described above.

I plan to list a lot today so I will see if this theory works out.
I'm having the same problem with the promo line title being that of the previous auction. But since I sell name brand items that are restricted in terms of the number of listings I can list per week, every time I revise an auction to correct the subtitle, it counts as another new auction, and gets me closer to reaching my weekly limit. Sigh.
AMAZING A quick reply on a SUNDAY!!!!

Hi Veronica,

Yeah...currently, if you create a listing from a saved listing or use the "Create from Similar" option, the "Template Title" field will only update automatically the first time you are creating a listing from that particular listing. Any time that you create a new listing from that saved listings after the first time, the "Template Title" field will not update automatically when the "title" field is changed.

This issue has been confirmed as a "bug" and has been referred to our engineering department for correction. However, at this point, I am unsure when it will be resolved. In the mean time, I recommend checking to make sure the "Template Title" field updates automatically before posting your listings when creating them from existing saved listings or using the "Create a Similar Listing" option.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thank you,
Auctiva Support

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.