Skip to main content

I just got through deleted all my sold listings now I need to sift through 5,632 images to delete the ones that have sold! An impossible task. That image deletion wizard scares me. Like say that you "delete" them, then want to restore them. Will they go back to exactly where they were or would you have to manually put every single one back. THen I thought I would put them in another folder so I checked " exclude images in active listings" but I still had the same number of images whether this box was checked or not! What do I do???
Denise
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Denise,

'Active' listings means listings that are currently live on eBay. A listing that is 'saved' on Auctiva can be live on eBay, so moving the listing from one folder to another won't change whether its images are counted as being in 'active' or not.

If your listings are posted through Auctiva, then the image deletion wizard can tell whether the image is in use in an active listing or not. It won't delete the images if they are used in an active listing. (However....if you list directly on eBay or use some other listing tool but have keep your images on Auctiva, then don't use the deletion wizard. Reason is...the wizard can't tell that images used in listings posted through some tool other than Auctiva are still showing up in active listings on eBay.)

If you think you may want to restore the images after deleting them, then I would suggest you hold off on deleting.

Hope this helps.
Denise,

I am not sure this is the BEST way to do this, but I go through my sold listings about once a month. Any that have sold that I do not have more of at the time, I put the listing in a folder I marked as "SOLD" I then go into images and put matching images in a folder I marked as "SOLD" too. Eventually when I reach my maximum space I will remove some of them permanently, but I can't count how many times I have found an item I previously had and was able to just relist from the SOLD folders. (If I relist an older one I then put those pictures and saved listing back in my active file.)

If you KNOW you will never need again, then you would be fine to permanently delete.. but my theory is when in doubt I save them.

Hope this helps a bit.

Vickie

http://stores.ebay.com/VICKIES-VARIETY

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.