Skip to main content

We have been using Auctiva for a couple of years without any ptoblems but now find that each time we try to upload images we get this message
Internet Explorer cannot open the interned site
http:/www,auctiva.com/hostingimages/upload/image_selection_multi_windows.aspx

Op aborted

Can anyone help please?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I haven't been using Auctiva for very long, and I think it's a great facility BUT over the last few weeks the constant stream of image problems has begun to make me question my allegiance to the site.

Whilst the support is good, it would appear that they have signed up to a new uploading facility that doesn't work properly with Firefox. The advice is to switch to IE when I want to upload images!

There is also a constant stream of niggly image problems: not displaying images in scrolling galleries, not displaying header images etc. Frustrating and time consuming.
I have reported it, but I encourage everyone else to file support tickets to garner some attention and a community response from Auctiva.

Perhaps using the title IMAGES FAIL TO UPLOAD IMAGES FAIL TO UPLOAD or something similar will grab someone's attention and let us know that they are working on it and give us an estimated time of repair.
This is the reponse I get when I report missing images from the scrolling gallery:

Hello,

I apologize for the inconvenience. I have just initiated the process by which your missing images will be created and they should be available in your Auctiva store and scrolling gallery within 4 hours.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thank you,
Auctiva Support.

That's absolutely fine, but why does it keep on happening? I check every listing every day now to make sure the scrolling gallery is working.
...and this is the Firefox issue:

Also, if you are uploading your images while using the Java based version of the new "Auctiva Uploader" image uploader, then this might also be contributing to some images not properly displaying. This is because there appears to be a "bug" in the uploading software we are using that affects the Java based version. We have been in contact with the developer of this uploading software and expect this "bug" to be fixed some time soon.

However, if you sign into your Auctiva account through the Internet Explorer browser rather then Firefox, you should be able to use the new "Auctiva Uploader" without encountering this "bug" that is present when using this uploader in Firefox. This is because you would be using the Active X version of the "Auctiva Uploader" and not the Java based version. It is likely that your upload speed will also improve greatly when using this version of the Auctiva Uploader as well!
I love Auctiva - BUT - these image problems are really really hurting me - a couple of weeks ago, I had over 100 listings end on a Sunday with no pictures for people to look at. I agree with those who state that Auctiva has a great support staff but how often is thos going to happen? Fall quarter rush is beginning - since the majority of my sales are books - it is VERY necessary that my photo hosting works. I filed a support ticket as well. Has anyone received a reply to one yet?

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.