Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Bozzly - If you downsize your image to 400x300 before selecting it in the one page lister, then the supersize link will not appear in your listing.

Another option is to insert your downsized image into your description instead, then no supersize link will appear either. In fact, then you can even add a caption to your photo if you wish.
I don't know what I did, but I was trying to get my listing relisted and the pic is huge. I was trying to have less stuff in the listing so dial ups could access the page. I pasted the html into the relist ebay page and added the vrl address for the pics but one is at the end of the listing its huge and the other is not showing up but in the free rotating thing of ebay.
I can't say specifically what's wrong with your listing, but I would preview your listing in Auctiva, make any necessary changes so it comes out right, and then re-paste your template HTML back into your listing in ebay.

Try setting up your template using only the "design editor" mode, rather than designing directly with HTML, as often doing your own HTML seems to be the source of problems. If you are selecting your images on the one page lister, they should automatically display in your template at 400x300, no problems. If you are manually inserting them with HTML, well........ (If you manually insert a URL of a pic, it will display the pic at whatever size you have saved, for example when clicking a supersize link. You would have to downsize your saved image to make it display smaller. If you want to keep the "thumbnail to supersize" feature, let it display automatically as mentioned above)

Once you have it right in preview, try pasting your HTML into www.practiceboard.com until you get it right, then paste in ebay.

This advice is from a non-HTML knowledgable perspective. Obviously an HTML person can give you more technical help.
Last edited by ninthwave
I'm not sure why that is happening. It was my understanding from the experience and discussions of other posters that the supersize link did not appear unless the saved image was larger than the 400x300 size that the template downsizes it to. Reference the recent thread: https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/838609941/m/8951019522 I don't know why the apparent discrepancy.

I'm sure support would know. Until you get a proper answer and solution, instead of selecting the images for template insertion in the normal way, you can opt to insert your pics into your description. As I mentioned in the post above, then you would not have the supersize link, and could even insert a caption if you wished. Just an idea.
Last edited by ninthwave

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.