Skip to main content

I just have to share this everyone...I was looking on eBay today shopping for our twins and found an item that had this in the description:

"THIS AUCTION IS PAYPAL ONLY. DO NOT BID AND TELL ME YOU DIDN'T REALIZE IT WAS PAYPAL ONLY OR YOU DON'T HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT BECAUSE UNLESS YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT EBAY WILL NOT LET YOU BID. ANY MONEY ORDERS OR CHECKS RECEIVED WILL BE RETURNED AND ITEM LISTED AS NONPAYMENT. SORRY BUT I HAVE HEARD SO MANY TIMES THE MONEY ORDER IS ON THE WAY AND IT NEVER SHOWS.

SHIPPING WITHIN THE US ONLY. PAYPAL ONLY. PAYMENT IS DUE WITHIN 5 DAYS OF AUCTION END. I PURCHASE SHIPPING LABELS THROUGH PAYPAL SO YOU WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP TRACK OF YOUR PACKAGE.

MY FEEDBACK IS NOT DISPLAYED AS I HAVE TEENAGE KIDS THAT CAN VIEW MY OWN EBAY PURCHASES THROUGH THE FEEDBACK LINKS. NOT A GOOD IDEA CONSIDERING I BUY GIFTS FOR THEM OFF OF EBAY.

SORRY BUT THERE IS NO COMBINED SHIPPING. BOTH EBAY AND PAYPAL CHARGE FEES FOR USING THEIR SERVICES. I HAVE FOUND THAT A SELLER CAN NOT POSSIBLY MAKE ANY MONEY OFF OF AN ITEM WITH COMBINED SHIPPING. MOST ITEMS GO FOR PENNIES SO TO COMBINED SHIPPING MEANS FOR ALL MY TIME AND EFFORT I MAKE PENNIES. I AM SURE YOU UNDERSTAND. YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO WORK FOR PENNIES EITHER."

This is probably one of the most hostile listings I have read in a while. I just thought it was interesting as I have been re-reading my listings lately to make sure they are as customer service friendly as possible and then to read this! Yikes!
Marcia
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

RED FLAG! RED FLAG!

Yeah, there's no way I'd be buying from that seller.

1. All CAPS is a turn-off.
2. It's untrue that you have to have a PayPal account to bid on eBay.
3. I'm not allowed to read their feedback.
4. I don't believe the "teenage kids" excuse -- create a separate buying ID.
5. However, I can see that they've received 20 negs in the past 6 months.

Their feedback score is over 2000. I think an honest seller would know better by now.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.