Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

here is the response, support gave:

"Posted Saturday, 6/19/2010 7:17 PM

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Auctiva Support. I am sorry about the problem you are experiencing.

The behavior you have described regarding items being imported to your Auctiva Closed Listings page after they have been deleted from that page is actually expected behavior. As long as the items still exist in your eBay account, they'll end up getting imported even after you delete them. So, you may try to delete them from your eBay account also and that could stop them from getting imported to your Auctiva Closed Listings page after they have been deleted.

In case you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us and we will assist you.

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support. "

I asked for a supervisor to way in because this was a great feature when it was working (a few weeks ago).
Wow what a response....means they dont really know why its happening.

1. I use blackthorne also for listing and import my sold/unsold items automatically 30 minutes or so and it NEVER brings back the items more than once...NEVER. At noon it imported my items and it ONLY imported my items that ended at noon,on auctiva I had another 2000 closed items(even though I am deleting them daily which takes forever)

2. Its bringing back items from months ago,sometimes from 2009...these items were deleted months ago out of ebay.

3. Its always brought back a few here and there but in the last week its gotten worse and there is a big problem where I am having 2000 items coming back every day.

There is a serious issue with their closed items and I dont think anyone has any idea what it is.

Scott
I'll post the updates (basically no comprehension yet of the issue) since my last post:
Posted Monday, 6/21/2010 1:52 AM

Hello,

Thank you for following up with us regarding this matter. I would like to clarify you one think please elaborate are you trying to delete the scheduled listings from scheduled listing page or you are trying to delete the closed listing from closed listing page of your Auctiva account.

In the meanwhile, if you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to let me know, and I’ll be happy to continue assisting you.

Sincerely,
Auctiva Support.

Customer

Posted Tuesday, 6/22/2010 5:32 AM

I am deleting the listings that have been relisted from the scheduled listing pages. this is how we ensure that the listings have actually relisted.
Todd K.
Support

Posted Tuesday, 6/22/2010 12:03 PM

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this matter. I am sorry to hear that you are having this difficulty. Can you indicate the item numbers of listings that you have deleted and for which they have returned? I will need to try to reproduce this behavior before I can forward it to our engineering department.

I will await your response.

Sincerely,

Todd K.
Auctiva Customer Support

Customer

Posted Wednesday, 6/23/2010 7:54 AM

It is every listing in the scheduled listings that has relisted. Please look at the community thread and perhaps that will explain it better. I'll post your response in that forum so it is easy enough to find and since there are many other interested parties.
Hi Community,

Thanks for letting us know about this. As the responses from support that have been posted here indicated, we have been aware for quite some time that our system will re-import listings that have been deleted from the Closed Listings page. This is on our list of things to consider changing with a future site update, but we do not have any imminent plans to do so at this time.

I gather from the comments here that the issue has become more prominent since our last site update and that appears to be the result of some tuning we have done to our reconcile services which are responsible for making sure the listing data in our user’s accounts are synchronized with that on eBay.

We have brought these reports to the attention of our engineering team and, while I will update this thread to let you know if I hear otherwise, I don’t have any expectation that this will change in the near future. Unfortunately, in this case, making one aspect of our service better seemed to make another issue stand out more.

For those of you who may have been deleting items from your Closed Listings page once they have been relisted to ensure you don't relist them again, you might want to consider creating a folder for closed listings that have already been relisted instead. Then, you could move your closed listings to that folder once you have relisted them so you know they have already been relisted.

We apologize for any inconveniences this change in behavior has caused, but we hope this information helps you to know what you need to do from here.

-Mike
Hi itsjustme,

The *improvement* that was made was the tuning of our reconcile services that are responsible for making sure that date in our user's accounts stays current with their eBay listing data. These changes are intended to resolve a number of problems we have had lately with the importing of closed listings and keep that data up to date more reliably.

There was not a deliberate decision to forfeit any functionality. As I mentioned before, items have reimported to the Closed Listings page within Auctiva after being deleted for quite some time and it has just become more noticeable now due to this recent work on our importing services.

-Mike
Hi Community,

I have some good news for everyone that has contributed to this thread Smile

I just received word from our development team that the work to prevent listings that have been deleted from the Closed Listings page from being reimported automatically has begun. We currently expect to implement this change as part of our minor site update that will take place next Tuesday.

I’ll continue to monitor the progress of this and will update this thread to let everyone know if I become aware of any changes to this plan.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.