Skip to main content

I just started updating my listings with UPC codes and almost all my listings are multi-variation listings. I have two questions: 1) Do I now need to have the UPC fields populated in order to post to ebay through Auctiva? I was unable to post last night presumably b/c these fields were blank. 2) As a test, I populated the UPC's for one multi-variation listing and posted it to Ebay. When I view my listing in ebay, I do not see the UPC codes in the Item Specifics or anywhere else. Am I missing something are will the UPC's not be visible to potential buyers in Ebay for MV listings?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello unicornglitter,
Thanks for using Auctiva, I wanted to provide some information about the questions you posed, your original questions/comments are in italics.

1) Do I now need to have the UPC fields populated in order to post to ebay through Auctiva?
eBay began requiring product identifiers (GTIN, which in your case is UPC) within certain categories last year. In 2016 they noted product identifiers will be required for multi-sku items and in a number of additional categories. So in some cases/categories, yes it's possible that UPC is required, but it's an eBay requirement, not an Auctiva requirement.

I was unable to post last night presumably b/c these fields were blank.
Possibly, the Auctiva Scheduled Listings notifications page (http://www.auctiva.com/account/events.aspx?filter=3) should give you exact eBay messages as to why a listings failed to post. If it failed because of a required product identifier, you should see that in the message, probably under the link "View Error MEssage From eBay"

2) As a test, I populated the UPC's for one multi-variation listing and posted it to Ebay. When I view my listing in ebay, I do not see the UPC codes in the Item Specifics or anywhere else. Am I missing something are will the UPC's not be visible to potential buyers in Ebay for MV listings?
The UPCs are not always visible in your listing on eBay, but should be used by eBay search, i.e. if a user searches for a specific UPC from the eBay search, your listing should be returned in the results.
Thanks Greg for the quick response. I know that the category I mostly list in (Fashion Jewelry) now requires UPC's. I'm wondering why I was able to post my listings without UPC's through Auctiva on 1/13 but not last night? I also did not see the UPC field in my saved MV listings until just a few days ago in Auctiva (prior to this I only saw GTIN does not apply). Perhaps Auctiva's system recently made this change to comply with EBay's requirement in my category? Also, when I search for the UPC in ebay for my test listings, nothing comes up (this might be a question I need to ask Ebay).

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.