Skip to main content

Hi- have written support on this issue and the solution at present time it to write in the size. The chart below happens to be for a womens plus size skirts but there are many others categories which do not have the all of the sizes ebay offers. This means in order to get items to show up in ebay search correctly you have to go into ebay system and do pretend listing to see how they actually write the size in their list. i.e. on particular item I am listing it is 22 Womens Size. Of course, I wrote in 22 only and then happened to look it up on ebay and in order to show up it would have to be done as 22W could have been as 22, 22W, 22 W, 22 Womens. OR could have guessed and put as plus size 22P, 22 Plus We should not have to do this for every listing, when you sell a variety of items it is hassle and time consumer.

In this particular listing here are the ones in auctiva listing area:
2X
3X
4X
5X
6X
8X
9X
10X

Below are sizes ebay has in their form:
1X
2X
3X
4X
5X
6X
7X
8X
9X
10X
14W
16W
18W
20W
22W
24W
26W
28W
30W
32W
34W
36W
38W
40W
42W

It is a hassle to go in to each one that is not listed and see how ebay has it written up and we should not have to do this.

Auctiva is there going to be a sizing update for this? there are quite a few clothing categories that are not updated. Any idea when/if they will be updated.

Thanks very much.
Vickie
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Dear Vickie,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We did attempt one of our routine updates that normally pulls updated information from these lists into our system based on your report submitted through case # 410771, but that did not end up importing these new values for some reason.

Our engineering team is looking into what needs to be done differently to get these new values into our system and I'll keep you posted through that support case when any new information becomes available.

I'll make sure they are aware this is a problem for category # 63863 and potentially some other categories and not just isolated to category # 63864 which we had specifically looked at in that support case.

-Mike
Hi Vickie,

Thanks for checking back in with us on this. There is not any new information available on this issue, but correcting it is on our "to do" list. As I mentioned previously, I will follow up with you through your open support case on the subject when I the issue has been addressed or I can get an estimate of when that will happen.

-Mike
Hi- thanks for update. I know previously I have had few support requests open that I found fix issued through forums items were fixed or were just sort of forgotten. I figure others may need this also, as I am sure I am not the only one. I think when July hits and ebay enacts their changes is when people will realize this is not what it use to be. I am trying to plan ahead to July so I can list with no glitches and do fixes once only.

Thanks again.
Vickie
Hi m_claire,

I looked through your Auctiva account and I do not believe the errors you were receiving are related to the issue Vickie has been referring to, although it sounds similar. I can see that a number of your listings were rejected by eBay due to error messages indicating you specified invalid values in the "Style" section but, as far as I can tell, our system is not showing the values that eBay will accept.

I suspect that you may have tried posting those listings from existing saved listings that had values for "Style" that were not longer valid and did not realize they needed to be updated to one of the new values during the listing process.

If you continue to receive errors of this nature when posting items with values that are on the lists generated within Auctiva, please contact our customer support team by mousing over the "Help" tab within your account and selecting the "File Support Case" option.

-Mike
Auctiva, any chance of finding out when these size categories will be updated so we can list in all areas. I jumped around for weeks and trying to find ones that had what I need and finally stopped for awhile. Am planning on spending lots of time in next week, would be nice to have status update on this? Obviously, others have same problem so would be helpful to get some news on forums as well as support case.

OR if auctiva is not going to update would be nice to tell us that so we can quit asking for something that simply is not going to be updated.

Thanks
Vickie
Vickie,

We are going to be conducting our next site update next Tuesday but I'm still not sure if we will be able to get a fix for this issue incorporated into that update. I still plan on updating you through your open support case when the issue has been addressed or I can get an estimate of when that will happen though.

The problem is not that we cannot access the complete list of eBay recommended values for the categories in question, although I realize it appears that way.

The lists of eBay recommended values that we are getting for those attributes contain values with special characters in them that our system is currently unable to handle and we will have to make a code change to make it so all of the values appear and are available for selection.

As long as you know what you need to enter in those cases, you should be able to work around the problem by selecting the "Enter your Own" option and typing the desired value into the provided field. I realize it is not as quick as selecting it from a list, but you should still be able to get the same result.

-Mike
Mike, thanks for your response. I asked on here again, mainly because I am not only person having this issue, and as July comes I believe more people will notice this issue. Therefore, it saves others starting new thread OR a barrage of people sending support requests, or doing what I usually do thinking is it just me again?

This is NOT just one or two categories, it is all across the board in clothing areas.

I guess I do not understand how not obtaining list from ebay is such an issue. Seems (though am not programmer) that a new ebay token could help? OR that auctiva could go into ebay same as we do and update by opening ebay category and copying as I have above? Then as new category is reported auctiva go in and fix that one. I frankly would be glad to send in when I find category needing update, just to get it done. This does, however, seem strange that fixing this is such a huge ordeal, since the sizes where there before the recent changes. There were isolated ones missing but there were very, very few. I would find like 1 in 250- 300 listings missing something. Now it is just opposite out of 300 listings about 250+ have to be gone into and physically checked with ebay system to make sure we do exactly as they have done.

I am also concerned at some point that ebay will no longer let us do write in's for sizing, therefore those will drop in future listings and will not show up (IF they do now) when person gets specific with their listings. Since I am changing all of these listings I would LOVE to do it once only, as IF ebay drops the write in for this, we will have to go back and re-do each. I talked to ebay rep and they said it is possible in future that this could VERY well happen as they are becoming more standardized. This would obviously mean auctiva would be forced to comply as would all other vendors. It would require then that we all go back in and fix ALL of the listings manually yet again which is a huge time consumer.

Also, it still requires that we go into ebay system for EACH listing to make sure we write as they have written so that items will show the way ebay has customer search specifics set up. I.e. if we put size 22 and ebay uses 22W assume our item will not show up when customer puts in specifics. (another example 2XS versus 2 XS we have to physically look up to see how ebay does) or according to rep will not show up in detailed search? So we have to see should we list as 22W or 22 for best search and this has to be done with each item unless I am totally missing something. Is there an easier way to "know" what ebay uses or am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

Vickie
Vickie,

No, this is not the type of issue for which we need users to report categories in which they have seen this behavior in order to make sure they are all taken care of. We will just have to make one code change that will resolve the problem for all the categories that are impacted and I will keep you posted through your support case as more details on the status of that change become available.

When you are entering a value for one of these categories that appears on eBay's list but not ours, you do need to make sure to enter the value exactly how it appears in eBay's system to make sure it is categorized correctly with respect to the item specifics based sorting functionality.

I am not aware of a more efficient way to do this than to load up the category in question on the eBay "Sell your Item" form and take a look at the list that is provided there.

-Mike
Mike, I feel I have been extremely patient with this since this is right at 60 days old and as mentioned by you:

quote:
We will just have to make one code change that will resolve the problem for all the categories that are impacted and I will keep you posted through your support case as more details on the status of that change become available.

I am not a techie, but one code change should not take 60 days. I am sure this is not on the top of the do list, however, this is a total timewaster during a time when we have to comply with ebay policies. For those who may think or ask why in the world is she just updating, she has known this forever, I have not waited until last minute to worry about these changes, this is 60 + days old issue.

I will also ask for update through support, but others I am sure have this same issue or will when they have to comply with new policies.

Thanks
Vickie
Last edited by lookandbuyme

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.