Skip to main content

HI,
I'm trying to upload some images but the uploader isn't working for me. When I open the page this is all I get:

Auctiva Image Uploader .

The body of the page isn't showing so that I can add the images. I just changed to a new computer with windows 8. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix?

I appreciate the help.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Mine has stopped working since I got a windows 8 computer( they really are hard work) sorry I can't help you, but Auctiva have offered me no help, even though I have filed 3 support cases, no response.I can't put ebay pictures on using my old computer either now. They upload to the server, but that is it, it does not take me back to the listing page, so I can't add them in the Add Image box, but I am still using my download limit, the pictures are somewhere in Auctiva, just not going onto my listings. I am paying to do 15 listings a month, and need to sell stuff fast. Thinking of just switching back to doing it on Ebay, will cost more for pictures, but it's costing me time clearing the house, which I am fast running out of.
I was going to give you guys the link to the OLD uploader (that I have been using forever) but it's not working for me now, nothing will 'link' back to it or I would post it.

I have Vista and use Firefox and have updated Java a million and one times and I STILL have to bypass 2 security screens to use the new uploader. I think IE 8 might have something to do with it on your end...keep filing support requests.

Maybe Mike can post a working link to the OLD uploader in the meantime???
Hi cindy97,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing.

Since the Auctiva Uploader has not loaded for you since you changed to a new Windows 8 computer, there are a couple specific things to consider.

First of all, the Auctiva Uploader is not compatible with the Metro (or touchscreen mode) so you will need to make sure you are working with Auctiva from desktop mode. If you are currently in Metro mode, you should be able to switch to desktop mode by clicking the “Desktop” tile on your Start screen.

If you are encountering this issue while in desktop mode, then I suspect the uploader is not loading because you do not have Java (which powers the uploader) installed or that there is an issue of some sort with your copy of Java.

In that case, I recommend going to http://www.java.com/verify/ and using the provided button to confirm that you have the latest version of Java installed. If you are informed that you do not have Java, or that your version is out of date, you will likely just need to download the latest version when prompted to get the Auctiva Uploader working.

The old version of the Auctiva Uploader which member_8880 mentioned does not work any longer, but we should definitely be able to help you get the version of the uploader that is currently available on our site working for you.

If you need any further assistance with this, please contact our Customer Support team directly from under the “Help” tab on our site and we will be happy to continue working with you on this.

-Mike
Hi Hurricanedisks,

Thanks for helping to bring this to our attention.

Based on the information you provided, I believe you were impacted by a recent technical issue which caused behavior just like you described to occur for users who have the “Upload” option selected from the “Default View when Selecting Images on One-Page Lister” drop down menu within their Account Preferences.

We just released a change intended to address this issue yesterday afternoon, so I do not believe you should continue to encounter similar difficulties as you upload additional images from the lister page moving forward.

If you encounter any remaining issues like this, however, please contact our Customer Support team directly from under the “Help” tab on our site and we will look into things further. We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.