Skip to main content

I am just starting to use Upload from a file but I can't get the correct SiteID my listings are in eBay Motors US - Parts and Accessories. Cant seem to get past SiteId US.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting your question here. When you are uploading an eBay Motors - Parts & Accessories listing from a CSV file using our Upload from File tool, you will just want to enter "US" in the "SiteID" column on your file.

As long as you have "US" in the "SiteID" column and an eBay Motors - Parts & Accessories category # entered in the "Category" column, the resulting saved listing should show up within your Auctiva account with eBay Motors - Parts & Accessories selected as the eBay site.

I just tested this out with a listing file I exported from Turbo Lister that was created for eBay Motors - Parts & Accessories category # 38638 and it worked as I described here.

I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance with this, please feel free to contact our customer support team by mousing over the "Help" tab and selecting the "File Support Case" option and we will be happy to continue working with you on this.

-Mike
Hi Mike,

This is a lot better answer than I got from support as I had a ticket in as was told you don't support eBay motors in a upload file. I will test it now.

I have looked and can't find anywhere to print a numeric list of eBay categories for eBay Motors or for that mater the numeric categories for my store. I was going to download Turbo Lister to see if I could pull it from there.

Thanks for your help,
Mike
Hi Mike,

I'm sorry to hear that, although I appreciate you mentioning it. I was able to find the support case you are referring to and discovered that the suggestion to update the Upload from File tool to support the eBay Motors - Parts & Accessories was forwarded to me, but I had not quite reached that message yet. In any event, I'll make sure and review this with my team.

It actuallly looked to me like that tool did not support listings for the eBay Motors - Parts & Accessories site to me at a glance as well, but I then decided to test out the system and found that it worked as I described in my previous message.

I am not aware of any resources that list the numeric codes used for regular eBay categories nor eBay store categories either, but the regular category numbers that you would use will show up in the "Category #" on the Auctiva lister page once you have chosen the category in question using the "Browse" or "Search" tools.

On the other hand, the only way I know of to get the numberic codes used to identify your eBay store categories in a CSV upload would be to create test listings that use your eBay store categories through Turbo Lister, export them in CSV format, and review the resulting file to see which numbers were used.

I'm going to update your support case in a few minutes and you are welcome to write back to me through that support case if you need any further assistance with this.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.