Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The shipping time DSR is stupid.

I know (in the fine print) ebay tells buyers not to rate sellers on the Postal Services speed, but that's exactly what they do.

I have received neutral and negative feedback based upon the poor service of the post office; how insane is that!

I'm a bad seller because the Post Office is full of a bunch of lazy union bums? According to eBay, yes!
I am a carrier and I believe that if they cut us back to 5 days that they should do it on a Wednesday or Thursday. If they do cut Saturday or a Tuesday, then you are talking that every monday will have 3 days worth of mail waiting for the carriers to deliver, and if there is a Monday holiday then it will be 4 days worth of mail waiting for the carriers to deliver. which will delay anything that is not first class or Priority mail at least a day. So if you were to send something Parcial Post of Media Mail. It will be delayed more so than the more Expensive modes of shipping packages. I also suggest Wednesday or Thursday Because then there is not so many day off in a row for the mail to build up. I suggest that you contact your Postmaster General in writing and let him know what you think.
quote:
Originally posted by PosterChilf:
The shipping time DSR is stupid.
I know (in the fine print) ebay tells buyers not to rate sellers on the Postal Services speed, but that's exactly what they do.
I have received neutral and negative feedback based upon the poor service of the post office; how insane is that!
I'm a bad seller because the Post Office is full of a bunch of lazy union bums? According to eBay, yes!

Okay now we should not generalize all of the carriers for the postal system. I for one have a nice carrier that delivers and picks up mail in my neighborhood. He even bends the rules on occasion and picks up packages that are just over a pound. As far as the USPS cutting back on the delivery days. I would not have a problem with that as long as the lobby is open on the same days as deliveries are being made.
However, I agree that the shipping time DSR ratings are ridiculous because my listings state that we ship within 2 business days. And I have had buyers that paid for heavier items (3-6 lbs.) late on a Friday (6PM CST and Later), they selected parcel post as the shipping service(generally the cheapest service at this weight), the package goes to the post office the following Monday, I send the buyer a shipping notification with the tracking number and get replies back asking why it took me 4 days to send the package, on top of which they want to know why it takes up to 9 days for parcel post to deliver. The USPS service is a delivery service that these people deal with personally and they still think that as sellers we can wave a magic wand and make everything instant, or they pay for priority delivery 4-5 days before Christmas, during the weekend or late on a Friday, and complain that the item did not arrive until Christmas Eve. Although I maintain 4.8-4.9 DSR ratings in all categories I personally think that all of the DSR's are a joke, because they are too subjective. For the DSR's to really man anything they have to be based on the seller meeting the listing not a buyers personal expectations. Otherwise what is the point of a seller posting shipping time, describing and picturing their products, and listing their shipping and return policies? If the seller states 1-2 day shipping time and ships the item the next day (5 stars) if the seller ships on day three (4 stars), if the buyer says that the product is not what is described and pictured, have them send in a picture and if it is the same as the picture in the listing, it should be (5 stars) if it is not exactly the same but very similar, or if the item has defects that the seller did not list, etc... (4 stars or less depending on the amount of deviation) if the seller cannot replace the item with one that is exactly the same. As far as shipping charges that is the biggest joke. I have used calculated shipping plus a low handling charge (1.75 per order) to cover packaging costs since not everything is free or recycled, and "Free Shipping" which is really just the shipping added to the selling price, while most of my total pricing was still at or below what the item could be bought for on Internet web sites before shipping. Did all of the reminding buyers that the shipping was free, their total price was less than the items could be bought for on other web sites, and that the item shipped within 24 hours, etc... and my shipping time and cost DSR's actually dropped although it was only marginally they still dropped. I have also had buyers leave lower ratings on shipping damaged items because I would not replace uninsured items that were damaged during shipping. So really what do the DSR's mean when there is not anyway to make sure that they are a true measure of the sellers performance.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.